TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & 2 daughters, found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fundraising site has ample funds to pay for an independent second autopsy.

But are friends able to request one? Is that something that’s only granted to family members/next of kin?

I’m fairly certain that NO’s son is the next of kin who has the most authority in this situation. And her brother, next in line.

MOO, if I had the same opinion as her friends do, an independent autopsy would be my very first move. But maybe her family doesn’t want one?

Thoughts?

Oceanblueeyes you stated in a previous post that CW was leaving NO. Where did you get that information? Do you know that as a fact or were you just speculating?

I'm so sorry if that's wrong. I thought I had read he had asked her to move out of his home.

If that's not true I sincerely do applogize.

Last edited:
I found one, not exactly what was stated but close (see link above in my edited post): "Charlie Wheeler, 31, has complied with officers and submitted to tests examining his hands for any traces of gunshot residue, the sheriff said."

I thought they can do a presumptive GSR immediately?

But it's good to know he complied with their request.

https://www.expressnews.com/news/lo...-Boerne-13558504.php?ipid=prel#photo-16752298

for mom, 2 girls killed in Boerne shooting raised $60K. But what for what?

A week after the creation of an online fundraising site that stated it wanted answers to the killings of Nichol Olsen and her daughters, donors are asking how the money is going to be used.

The ********site, “Searching for the Truth,” was created by Olsen’s friends on Jan. 17. It raised $55,000 in five days; it crossed $60,000 Wednesday.
There are countless unanswered questions and we, as well as many, are waiting for answers,” wrote Susan Khalil and Nicole Baptiste, its creators. “Please help us in our mission to seek the truth.”

As of Thursday, the fundraiser’s creators had repeatedly declined to answer on the record how exactly the money will be used.

A week after the creation of an online fundraising site that stated it wanted answers to the killings of Nichol Olsen and her daughters, donors are asking how the money is going to be

<modsnip - copyright 10% rule >

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, don't think it will be accepted. Nice pretty ladies just don't kill their kids seems to be the common thought process with this case. Hmm.

And fwiw, I too would get the best lawyers I could afford if the world and his brother were making out I killed them/forced her to do so.

That's the part I dont understand about this. If it had been a father who murdered his children and then committed suicide it wouldnt be questioned.

We would have many pages afterwards bashing the dad for being a cold selfish monster. Rightly so.

If mothers didnt ever murder their children and then commits or unsuccessfully tries to commit suicide afterwards then I could understand it.

But it does happen and we have read case after case here about what mothers are capable of and willingly do to their children.

Imo

Looking at London's dads IG is sad .
Lots of pics and Video of London.
I really hope they find out the truth.

Just to clarify, that's Alexa's dad (older daughter). I'm not familiar with any photos or information from London's dad (the younger daughter).

https://www.expressnews.com/news/lo...-Boerne-13558504.php?ipid=prel#photo-16752298

for mom, 2 girls killed in Boerne shooting raised $60K. But what for what?

A week after the creation of an online fundraising site that stated it wanted answers to the killings of Nichol Olsen and her daughters, donors are asking how the money is going to be used.

The ********site, “Searching for the Truth,” was created by Olsen’s friends on Jan. 17. It raised $55,000 in five days; it crossed $60,000 Wednesday.
There are countless unanswered questions and we, as well as many, are waiting for answers,” wrote Susan Khalil and Nicole Baptiste, its creators. “Please help us in our mission to seek the truth.”

As of Thursday, the fundraiser’s creators had repeatedly declined to answer on the record how exactly the money will be used.

A week after the creation of an online fundraising site that stated it wanted answers to the killings of Nichol Olsen and her daughters, donors are asking how the money is going to be

<modsnip - copyright >

Very interesting article scooby445 ( though I think WS allows only 10% quoted legally, so might want to edit)

That sure sounds a bit shady now IMO.....

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the part I dont understand about this. If it had been a father who murdered his children and then committed suicide it wouldnt be questioned.

We would have many pages afterwards bashing the dad for being a cold selfish monster. Rightly so.

If mothers didnt ever murder their children and then commits or unsuccessfully tries to commit suicide afterwards then I could understand it.

But it does happen and we have read case after case here about what mothers are capable of and willingly do to their children.

Imo

While I believe it’s quite possible that Nichol murdered her kids and then committed suicide, this case differs from so many others because of the situation, argument with boyfriend who leaves then returns and reports them dead. It is also a statistical anomaly, which doesn’t rule out m/s but due diligence is imperative to verify that is actually what happened.

I was watching a true crime show (maybe forensic files) a while back and it was an assumed suicide by gun by a young black woman. The detective investigating said the entire reason he looked further into it was because it was so statistically unlikely for a woman to commit suicide by gun as well as being even further statiscally unlikely that a black female would commit suicide. Once he investigated he found evidence that ruled out suicide, it was ruled a homicide and her boyfriend was arrested. And there was something about pizza sauce.

I'm so sorry if that's wrong. I thought I had read he had asked her to move out of his home.

If that's not true I sincerely do applogize.
No worries and no reason to apologize. I just hadn’t heard/read that. I’m not saying it’s not true because it’s very possible. Was just curious where it came from. :)

Very interesting article scooby445 ( though I think WS allows only 10% quoted legally, so might want to edit)

That ******** sure sounds a bit shady now IMO.....

I had a hard time copy/paste and every time I messed with the message it would duplicate. If yall want to delete go ahead

I thought they can do a presumptive GSR immediately?

But it's good to know he complied with their request.
BBM for focus: I thought so, too, but my knowledge is very limited on this subject. (I also wondered whether a test would be conclusive if he had showered?)

Another article I linked above said the results are still pending. Do we know for sure it was a "presumptive" test? How are the other GSR tests performed?

For me, NO not having any pics with her daughters is significant. There have been lots of friends tagging pics of her on if and even the friends don’t have pics of the 3 of them.

Also, her pin to her daily routine board about mental health means mental health was at least on her mind. It is about children but still she was aware of some unhealthy mental state within her or her children.

https://pin.it/6wfthpl57a3fmp

Oceanblueeyes you stated in a previous post that CW was leaving NO. Where did you get that information? Do you know that as a fact or were you just speculating?

I asked for a link way back on page 3 I think and got zero response. Strange how some things are allowed to stand as fact and others are promptly removed.

RSABBM for focus

Do you have a link for this (that CW’s hands tested negative for GSR)? Even a video? If the report is accurate, that is significant, IMO.
Not really. I fully expect the test to be negative based on everything I’ve ever read about GSR. It stays on a live person for a few hours in general, so a test the next day SHOULD be negative. Obviously a positive result would be bad, but I don’t think it’ll be positive even if he killed all three of them. Just my opinion on the whole GSR thing. Too much time passed between when he supposedly left the house and the bodies being discovered and the test completed.

BBM for focus: I thought so, too, but my knowledge is very limited on this subject. (I also wondered whether a test would be conclusive if he had showered?)

Another article I linked above said the results are still pending. Do we know for sure it was a "presumptive" test? How are the other GSR tests performed?
If CW picked up his concealed carry weapon that morning when he awakened and put it in his waistband, he would had a tiny amount of GSR on his hands unless his gun had never been fired. If he carried a new Sig Sauer, which is test fired at the factory before shipping to the customer, he'd still have a tiny amount of GSR on his hands.

“Time lapse between the shooting of a weapon and the collection of the kit may also lead to negative GSR results. As time passes after discharge, GSR particles can be removed from the hands by contact with other objects or by hand washing. After 6-8 hours, analysts would not expect to detect GSR on an active person.”

From here:

A "Hands On" Approach to Understanding Gunshot Residue

Yeah being cooperative BEFORE the FBI was drafted in and wanted to look deeper.

You do know it gets to a point when POI stop being cooperative? How many times have we seen suspects brought in for questioning for the first time and being cooperative? I'd say over 90% of the time. However, when the LE start getting closer to the truth they stop being cooperative and try to hide the truth. They do this by either say "No comment" or they use their legal muscle. We are seeing CW use his legal muscle.

Good point(s) regarding potential suspects appearing cooperative in the beginning and then doing a 180. Do we have a new statement from LE or elsewhere indicating that he has changed his position on CW’s level of cooperation? Or is this all just speculation due to the time it’s taking the Sheriff to tell us what evidence he does or doesn’t have?

“Time lapse between the shooting of a weapon and the collection of the kit may also lead to negative GSR results. As time passes after discharge, GSR particles can be removed from the hands by contact with other objects or by hand washing. After 6-8 hours, analysts would not expect to detect GSR on an active person.”

From here:

A "Hands On" Approach to Understanding Gunshot Residue

This article written by faculty members from the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at Kennesaw State University states GRS can be detected up to 48 hours and up to 4 weeks with more advanced equipment.
http://facultyweb.kennesaw.edu/cdockery/docs/applied_spectroscopy_62.pdf

This article written by faculty members from the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at Kennesaw State University states GRS can be detected up to 48 hours and up to 4 weeks with more advanced equipment.
http://facultyweb.kennesaw.edu/cdockery/docs/applied_spectroscopywks

Wow... am I reading this correctly? They could possibly detect GSR from handling a gun 4 weeks prior? That seems... useless. We live in Texas. Handling guns is a common occurance. If they used such sensitive tests and it came back positive, I would think... so what? Lots of folks in Texas handle firearms every month.

On the flip side, it wouldn’t be terribly convincing to me if he tested negative the next day unless they are definitely using these more sophisticated tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monique 9903