MO - Off-duty officer (Katlyn Alix) shot dead by on-duty officer (Nathaniel Hendren), Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
It says the partner was leaving, and had left the room but not the apartment when he heard the shot. This makes me wonder what room of the apartment they were playing in....most apartments door opens into the living room or hall in my experience.

It says the partner was leaving, and had left the room but not the apartment when he heard the shot. This makes me wonder what room of the apartment they were playing in....most apartments door opens into the living room or hall in my experience.

BBM:

And again, this flies in the face of credulity. You are on duty, you observe your partner and an off-duty female officer actively playing russian roulette with a live round and so what you do is tell them they shouldn't play with guns and then walk out of the room???

No. Uh-uh.

This is the cover story. This ain't what happened. JMO.

Really struggling with this version of events.
It so conveniently allows the shooting to be classified as "accidental" and for charges to be bumped down to involuntary man.
She'll never get to tell her version. Her voice has been silenced.

Also, sadly, there appear to be subtle hints of "blaming the victim" in the narrative that's being provided. JMO.

Just another "officer involved shooting while on duty", the fact that 2 of the officers on duty, were in an apartment not even in the precinct where they were supposedly working...there are so many issues here...

But, if we were to break it down to regular people, two employees of "McDonald's" were not at work, they were in an apartment...

1. They would be dismissed, for not being at work.

The employees shot another employee..

2. They would have been arrested and incarcerated in a heartbeat.

BUT, because these are Police Officers, they are obviously above all laws for actual citizens. They were not fired or arrested and incarcerated.

Mic drop, walk off stage in complete disgust.

Updated article.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...r-chest/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.50e81d5f132a

At first, police called it an “accidental” killing after an officer “mishandled" a gun. But St. Louis prosecutors on Friday evening came to a different conclusion. The officers, they say, were playing a deadly game — pointing a gun with one round in the chamber at each other and then pulling the trigger.

Now, Officer Nathaniel R. Hendren, 29, has been charged with involuntary manslaughter and armed criminal action, both felony charges, according to documents released late on Friday by Kimberly M. Gardner, the St. Louis circuit attorney.

“This is a devastating incident for Katlyn Alix’s husband, family, parents and for our entire community,” Gardner said in a statement. “I will hold people accountable regardless of their profession, public status or station in life.”

The charges bring a shocking end to a day of puzzling questions after Alix’s death. Before Gardner announced charges, reporters had tried to sort through a series of baffling queries about the case: Why were the two male officers, who were supposed to be patrolling another part of town, inside a home with Alix, who was off-duty? Why was one of those officers handling a revolver that reportedly wasn’t a service weapon? And most important, how could a highly trained officer accidentally fire the gun straight into Alix’s chest?

[...]

Alix served six years in a military police unit, her mother said, before joining the force in St. Louis. In October, she married another St. Louis police officer, who was not present at the home during the shooting, the Post-Dispatch reported.

“Her whole life," her mother told KMOV, "was the police department.”

I still haven't seen anything to explain why the officers were at the apartment, when 2 of them were on-duty in another district.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed> it's kind of fishy that a married woman is at a residence with two male colleagues who are supposed to be working.

Also, it doesn't make sense that adults who are trained to use guns professionally were playing a dangerous, irresponsible game with a loaded gun.

I can perceive the 3rd officer wanting to leave after warning the other 2 officers not to play with the gun, knowing it wasn't going to end well. I'm sure he didn't want to be there when catastrophe struck, but he didn't make it out the door before it did strike. If he had made it outside, perhaps he would have called for backup and arrested the other 2 officers. We'll never know since he was still in the apartment when the gun fired.

OTOH, something much different could have happened in that apartment. Hopefully, we'll learn more in coming days. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if Katlyn was suspicious of the other two officers skimming the clock. Maybe she showed up unannounced <modsnip rumor> and was going to report it. That would explain the yelling. Kaitlyn might have been shot to keep quiet.

<modsnip> I am sure they will do a Thorough investigation, that will take several hours to complete. It sounds like they've already got their theory about some innocent Russian Roulette takeoff game that went horribly wrong being the reason this woman is dead. Now how many of you would have come up with that as what happened?

It is a lucky break that they have a sort of impartial witness, the partner of the accused. It's just too bad he happened to leave the room right before the fatal gunshot. Clearly he knew that this was not as fun a game as say Trivial Pursuit, but he can still give an honest account of what transpired, since the person who got shot can't say much. Dead women tell no tales.

<modsnip>

It is a lucky break that they have a sort of impartial witness, the partner of the accused. It's just too bad he happened to leave the room right before the fatal gunshot. Clearly he knew that this was not as fun a game as say Trivial Pursuit, but he can still give an honest account of what transpired, since the person who got shot can't say much. Dead women tell no tales.

I personally think it’s a pretty huge leap at this point to assume the second officer at the scene is merely an “impartial witness”. I imagine several possibilities where both of these officers are involved in something far more sinister than a bizarre twist on Russian roulette gone wrong.

<modsnip> I am sure they will do a Thorough investigation, that will take several hours to complete. It sounds like they've already got their theory about some innocent Russian Roulette takeoff game that went horribly wrong being the reason this woman is dead. Now how many of you would have come up with that as what happened?

<modsnip>
Wish I could give you a zillion likes for this! Too clever!:cool:

Our KMOV team is still investigating the overnight shooting that took the life of police officer Katlyn Alix. In the meantime, her family is sharing pictures and some of their favorite memories of 24-year-old Katie. If you have a few minutes, listen to her mom talk about Katie's life of service and get to know the woman lost in this tragedy.

To read more about what happen, follow this link: 'Kindest person;' off-duty officer shot by on-duty officer is remembered for 'one of a kind,' generous personality

I wonder if Katlyn was suspicious of the other two officers skimming the clock. Maybe she showed up unannounced and saw the drugs and booze, and was going to report it. That would explain the yelling. Kaitlyn might have been shot to keep quiet.

Sorry but that's not what happened.

<modsnip>

Did you miss the part where the two survivors were ON DUTY IN ANOTHER PRECINCT at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member