GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right -- I read the same article in the Post. Made me shiver. In fact, I didn't even finish reading it -- it made me very angry and ashamed of what some people/companies will do to make money from a movie about such horror, sadness and loss.

Thanks for the article, Thepoet -- I guess I missed it.

I hope CW was scared out of his wits before he was transferred. I also wonder if he did have fear, whether his fear was as high as Shanann's and his older daughter's, his own flesh and blood. Shanann knew, at some point, I'm sure, that CW was going to kill her. What did his little daughter think she had done wrong?
Shanann knew, and did not live to tell it. CW heard threats, maybe heard them right in his face, but still, he lives. Grrrrrr.

Indeed, you may well be correct about his lifespan. Fear can be very devastating to one's health, and he's a wimp, IMO.
He's definitely a coward! You can bet he'd never wrap his hands around the 17 or 18 inch neck of a man! Probably wouldn't try it on anyone, facing him, in the light! He has a lot to fear in prison, but he may be too stupid, or egotistical, to know it. Thinking that he's better than others, may come back to haunt him in prison.

I don't know if Shanann saw it coming, there's no evidence she fought back. I do believe, like you, she had begun to suspect he was a danger. God bless her! Whatever Shanann and Bella's fear and pain was, it was brief, and it's over. Deep in the belly of the beast, CW has days, weeks, months, or more of fear, to look forward to, and dread. Sleeping cannot be pleasant for him!

I don't doubt that there's either going to be a movie about CW, or a true crime series. Maybe both. All that we can hope for is that it's not exploitive and it benefits the Rzuceks. There will probably be some books out later this year or next year. I don't see how a definitive book (Fatal Vision, In Cold Blood, etc.) can be written without the author talking to CW and, at this point, CW seems to have no interest in talking to anyone. A fascinating and informative book could be written, by the right author, and with cooperation from CW, NUA, the DA Roarke, etc., but it seems unlikely, at least for the time being. I wonder if CW will ever want to "unburden" himself? I can see some events that might trigger it; NK getting married and it being covered by the media, some sort of prison "conversion", or maybe a book that disparages CW and NK and receives a lot of publicity. Maybe a combination. Time will tell.

I don't doubt that there's either going to be a movie about CW, or a true crime series. Maybe both. All that we can hope for is that it's not exploitive and it benefits the Rzuceks. There will probably be some books out later this year or next year. I don't see how a definitive book (Fatal Vision, In Cold Blood, etc.) can be written without the author talking to CW and, at this point, CW seems to have no interest in talking to anyone. A fascinating and informative book could be written, by the right author, and with cooperation from CW, NUA, the DA Roarke, etc., but it seems unlikely, at least for the time being. I wonder if CW will ever want to "unburden" himself? I can see some events that might trigger it; NK getting married and it being covered by the media, some sort of prison "conversion", or maybe a book that disparages CW and NK and receives a lot of publicity. Maybe a combination. Time will tell.

I'm anxious for an "Inside the Mind of CW" type of book, written by a forensics psychologist, such as the one written about SP by Dr. Keith Ablow.

With CW, is it nature, nurture or a combination of both? I'd like to know the secrets that surely existed (IMO) that turned him into such a hateful, selfish, deceitful and remorseless man!

Some days (like today) I wake up and I have so much anger and hate for this piece of trash!!! I didn’t even know these people, and this case still lingers. It also makes me sad that it’s waning. I know it likely is helpful to the Rzuceks to be able to move on and heal, but it’s saddening to me that we used to sometimes go more than a thread a day on this case and now everyone is gone. SW and the babies haven’t even been gone six months and it’s now yesterday’s news.

I'm still here!

At least the pieces that were left behind after this horror are holding strong. The accused and confessed "family man" is in prison for life, and he cannot be sleeping easily.

The family didn't have to face a trial with all the horrible details -- pictures, autopsies, and all the other details they don't want to know or hear. No more Colorado for them. They have each other, but there are three very empty chairs at their family table.

This has been a horror of high order, but the bad man is in his place.

IIRC It was stated that CW was moved for his protection.

https://nypost.com/2018/12/05/killer-colorado-dad-moved-to-out-of-state-prison-for-safety-reasons/

IMHO Threats had been made in the Colorado prison and CW was a "marked man"! So they moved him. I believe that his safety is less than an average prisoner's and danger for him is greater, because of his "celebrity" and the heinous crimes he committed on his daughters. As time passes guards will become complacent and the danger level for CW will rise. Also, I have no doubt the reality of his new and permanent life is setting in on CW, and attention to him is waning, causing him despair and depression. I still believe CW's life expectancy is no more than a couple of years.

I knew immediately he would not be housed in a Colorado prison and then towards his sentencing even the guards wanted him dead. After these sickos are found guilty and put away for life I often wonder what they think of. Do they have regrets, nightmares, fear for their lives etc. CW was no street wise boy so he must feel like he has been dropped into hell, of course which serves him right tenfold. I also believe that someone will get him no matter where he is, maybe not today or tomorrow but somewhere down the line. Who knows he might even find a way to do it himself.

Some days (like today) I wake up and I have so much anger and hate for this piece of trash!!! I didn’t even know these people, and this case still lingers. It also makes me sad that it’s waning. I know it likely is helpful to the Rzuceks to be able to move on and heal, but it’s saddening to me that we used to sometimes go more than a thread a day on this case and now everyone is gone. SW and the babies haven’t even been gone six months and it’s now yesterday’s news.

There are just some cases that never leave us, I peek in here every now and then and honestly when there was a thread a day it was to much to deal with and some posters get a little crazy. No offense anyone. I tend to back off when they get like that and just read. Once the trials are over and the perp is put away we tend to move on to other horrendous active trials, missing people, cold cases that might interest us whether they be close to where we live or close to out hearts. I do not think anyone will ever forget this one, ever. It was that unimaginable. The family I think will never be able to move truly move on. I don't know that I could if I were them.
All I await to hear now is of CW's demise.

Excellent post, The Farm. You said it all. SMH.

It was a rough ride for all of us, but we don't have to remind ourselves that a phone ring or buzz, etc., is not and never will be Shanann calling to just say "Hi," and we don't have to stop and remind ourselves that we can't call and wish our granddaughters "Happy Birthday." What a burden to bear.

I'm still here!

At least the pieces that were left behind after this horror are holding strong. The accused and confessed "family man" is in prison for life, and he cannot be sleeping easily.

The family didn't have to face a trial with all the horrible details -- pictures, autopsies, and all the other details they don't want to know or hear. No more Colorado for them. They have each other, but there are three very empty chairs at their family table.

This has been a horror of high order, but the bad man is in his place.
I still come back here to see what's being talked about. The crime still haunts me. I think if we were to see CW next August (2019), we wouldn't recognize him! Being sedentary, eating poorly, stress, fear, and loss of any motivation, will take it's toll! If he is still alive, he'll look very different. Look at how different his prison photo was, in December, from photos of him when the news first started. And, that was after less than four (4) months in Jail. Time and environment won't be kind to CW!

There is a lot to be thankful for, especially for the Rzuceks and Shanann's wonderful friends. No horror show of a trial, and the years leading up to it. Thankfully, it's all over now.

CW was manipulated by the investigators and betrayed by his own arrogance and stupidity. I like to think DA Roarke also guided CW, into taking a plea and ending things, without CW truly realizing what was happening! I hope CW had or will have an "OH SNAP!" moment.

It's comforting to me to know that CW now lives in the belly of the beast, for the rest of his pathetic life!

I knew immediately he would not be housed in a Colorado prison and then towards his sentencing even the guards wanted him dead. After these sickos are found guilty and put away for life I often wonder what they think of. Do they have regrets, nightmares, fear for their lives etc. CW was no street wise boy so he must feel like he has been dropped into hell, of course which serves him right tenfold. I also believe that someone will get him no matter where he is, maybe not today or tomorrow but somewhere down the line. Who knows he might even find a way to do it himself.

There are just some cases that never leave us, I peek in here every now and then and honestly when there was a thread a day it was to much to deal with and some posters get a little crazy. No offense anyone. I tend to back off when they get like that and just read. Once the trials are over and the perp is put away we tend to move on to other horrendous active trials, missing people, cold cases that might interest us whether they be close to where we live or close to out hearts. I do not think anyone will ever forget this one, ever. It was that unimaginable. The family I think will never be able to move truly move on. I don't know that I could if I were them.
All I await to hear now is of CW's demise.
Well said, thank you.

I believe Shanann saw each day as a gift and an opportunity to accomplish something special. I believe Bella, CeCe and Nico were great and wonderful adventures unfolding. I measure their lives, not by time, but by the love and energy they created and by the love that was given to them by others, who they touched. Joy and light is forever attached to their memory.

CW is a dark hole of evil, selfishness, and destruction that will eventually collapse in on itself and disappear.

I believe Shanann saw each day as a gift and an opportunity to accomplish something special. I believe Bella, CeCe and Nico were great and wonderful adventures unfolding. I measure their lives, not by time, but by the love and energy they created and by the love that was given to them by others, who they touched. Joy and light is forever attached to their memory.

CW is a dark hole of evil, selfishness, and destruction that will eventually collapse in on itself and disappear.
And I think just as his mind is so warped and fake that's what exudes physically on him and he morphs into different monsters at different times of his life but I just wish ETERNAL HELL on Earth for him and I wish Eternal Peace and Love for Shanann and HER Beautiful precious babies!

It's just unbelievable....what a nightmare for the victims and their families.
Unforgettable and unforgivable. What makes it so 'real' to me are Shanann's multiple 'home-life' videos on FB, it feels like I knew her. :(

I'm still here! I had to take a break, this was taking over my life. We, shananns friends, still talk about her daily. She will always be remembered. I'm thankful to all of you for getting me through this awful time :D:D

BabyButterfly: I cannot even imagine how beyond horrible this has been for you and for Shanann's friends, and for her family. Big, big hugs to you.

Though I didn't know anyone involved, like others here, I spent the better part of four months following this case daily. I cried many times. I also had nightmares about it and it was the first thing I thought of each morning when I woke up. I stopped posting for a while as I had to take a break from it.

There's just no sense to any of it, other than CW is a horrible man and he deserves worse than what he got, IMO. That said, I'm glad for Shanann's family and friends that justice was swift and that he will die in prison. I'm not sure how he can live with himself, but I think that anyone who is capable of doing what he did has to completely lack empathy and a conscience. He's a monster.

I'm hopeful a mental health professional helps the rest of society by writing a book outlining what is wrong with him and the possible red flags to look out for so the rest of us can avoid men like him.

The family and friends of Shanann, Nico, Bella and Celeste will never forget them, and there are many strangers like me who will never forget them either.

May they rest in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members