TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & 2 daughters, found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know the minute I said that I thought I had better go back and edit it. I was talking suicide in general but I can sure probably find cases of more than that. The recent Closs case the responding officers thought it was a suicide. Child missing, other parent murdered. Or murder suicide. Just for one example. It does happen.

And as far as man, am I on a political forum? I guess I meant they are only human but the ME happens to be a man. Is the word human allowed if a gender is not?

No offense but reading this entire thread, it is heated.

I have said repeatedly I am 50/50.

One would think one would be okay with that at least...

Meant all in lightness, I get your points and allow others' their opinions.

The ME never ruled the Closs case was a suicide. The forum does become heated when facts are misrepresented.

JMO

The ME never ruled the Closs case a suicide.

Very true. Just saying if it was not clear that things are gotten wrong. Whether LE, ME, etc. in the first flush of things if AT FIRST perhaps they have no reason to think otherwise. Sorry I did not clarify that...

Oh, no, I was suggesting that IF he murdered all 3 of them, that would certainly be reason enough to want it to look like a murder suicide because it would obviously take the heat off of him.

Why would he murder them? My first guess would be he murdered NO in a fit of rage during their argument (the argument that has been confirmed in MSM). Perhaps she was finally going to leave him and he was furious at the thought of this.

Then, in a panic, he murdered the girls because he didn’t want to leave witnesses. I don’t really think any other scenario is likely if he did indeed murder all of them. I don’t even know that I believe he murdered them... we haven’t seen anywhere near enough evidence to say either way IMO.

I also think, and this is just my opinion, there are reasons that he was involved with a woman significantly older than himself, with 3 children from 3 fathers, and from an entirely different social and racial class. He should be, in theory, quite the catch amongst socialites from his own social class without all of the obvious baggage that NO carried into the relationship.

Lol thanks nightowl. :)I was thinking wow this person must think he’s a total psychopath who just goes around murdering people just for kicks :eek: I understand what your saying and I completely agree with the part about CW dating a woman older and with so much baggage, etc

Oh, no, I was suggesting that IF he murdered all 3 of them, that would certainly be reason enough to want it to look like a murder suicide because it would obviously take the heat off of him.

Why would he murder them? My first guess would be he murdered NO in a fit of rage during their argument (the argument that has been confirmed in MSM). Perhaps she was finally going to leave him and he was furious at the thought of this.

Then, in a panic, he murdered the girls because he didn’t want to leave witnesses. I don’t really think any other scenario is likely if he did indeed murder all of them. I don’t even know that I believe he murdered them... we haven’t seen anywhere near enough evidence to say either way IMO.

I also think, and this is just my opinion, there are reasons that he was involved with a woman significantly older than himself, with 3 children from 3 fathers, and from an entirely different social and racial class. He should be, in theory, quite the catch amongst socialites from his own social class without all of the obvious baggage that NO carried into the relationship.

I agree with all of your posts. I too have not decided and yet if anyone even hints at something other than her murdering her children or that it is not a foregone conclusion, my goodness... I am in the middle and not close minded either way.

Bexar County Sheriff's deputies being arrested at prolific rate

Here’s one example of what goes on in the BCSO... that we know about. It’s from just a few months ago.

“Among the BCSO arrests this year, eight have been for DWI, three for assaulting inmates and two each for sexual assault of a child and intent to distribute meth. The remaining arrests were for assault and fraud charges.”

Hopefully just this one brief snippet of an article might help some understand the concerns about the credibility and professionalism of those sworn to uphold the law here in Bexar County. It’s embarrassing.

I’ve read this, but this is the SO, not the ME. Yet it seems “locals” are questioning the MEs ruling, not the sheriff, who has questionable staff. Odd.

The ME never ruled the Closs case was a suicide. The forum does become heated when facts are misrepresented.

JMO

Dear Belle, I misrepresented nothing. I thought people could reasonably infer that LE and ME and others often get things wrong in the first flush of things. No, you are so very correct, they ruled it a double homicide and it also took awhile to realize a child was missing. That is not even a knock, it is fact. Things are gotten wrong. PEOPLE are human. Even astronauts and surgeons as much as we would all love to believe otherwise.

Obviously you’re free to believe what you wish, but murder scenes have been staged as suicides before and that is fact. LE and ME’s being corrupt/bribed also happens, though thankfully I don’t think it happens often.

I’m thankful I’ve never needed the BCSO to investigate any crime for me or anyone I know, so I don’t have a horse in this race, so to speak. I do live here though, among upper middle class residents who also to my knowledge have never needed them to investigate a crime personally. The general consensus is we hope we never do because of the things we see and hear and read about. It’s... unsettling, to say the least, to live in a place where this is the general feeling among well educated, tax-paying, suburban citizens. It’s unfortunate. I don’t know what the solution is, or if perhaps this is just how it is across the country.

I do not live in Bexar County so I do not have knowledge of what is seen, heard and read about among the upper middle class residents of that jurisdiction, but it is troubling that you, as one of them, are unsettled by the way they handle their responsibilities. We are ALL just a blink of an eye away from needing our local LE in a crisis, and we certainly depend on them EVERYDAY to maintain law and order in our communities no matter what level of education or standard of living we have achieved. I don’t know what specifically you are referring to at the BCSO, but I would guess that LE and their families and friends in general would take issue that it is “just how it is across the country”.

Editted to add: I see now the link to a story about misconduct in the BCSO, so that IS disconcerting for folks of any social status in that county, and in general. It does make me question the Sheriff even more now in his public statements that have caused nothing but confusion among the general public.

Last edited:
Dear Belle, I misrepresented nothing. I thought people could reasonably infer that LE and ME and others often get things wrong in the first flush of things. No, you are so very correct, they ruled it a double homicide and it also took awhile to realize a child was missing. That is not even a knock, it is fact. Things are gotten wrong. PEOPLE are human. Even astronauts and surgeons as much as we would all love to believe otherwise.

I mean the ME didn’t just glance at the crime scene and declare m/s in the first flush of things. They performed an autopsy.

Here’s one example of what goes on in the BCSO... that we know about. It’s from just a few months ago.

“Among the BCSO arrests this year, eight have been for DWI, three for assaulting inmates and two each for sexual assault of a child and intent to distribute meth. The remaining arrests were for assault and fraud charges.”

Hopefully just this one brief snippet of an article might help some understand the concerns about the credibility and professionalism of those sworn to uphold the law here in Bexar County. It’s embarrassing.

Yes and there was discussion around whether this could mean the new sheriff is 'cleaning-up' as a number of people in the office are leaving and he is quite new in the role.

I don't see any charges for obstruction of justice or tampering with evidence and the FBI is now involved. It's not just the BCSO investigating. And the Medical Examiner's office isn't controlled by BCSO. The ME's office is controlled by a state health organization (department of health) not the BCSO.

Last edited:
Funny then that they are not selling things to Radar, Daily Mail, etc. in the meantime. An arrest would result in no further donations imo. The three deceased do not need an attorney if they have enough to arrest. And a civil case would be taken on a percentage. There maybe be trolls and bad people doing some of it that have no connection to anything, that is always part of every case. I see no reason the fathers or others would though. jmo.

I would add that if we are to trust that the ME is right, then we should also trust that no internet campaign can convince LE to find CW guilty without evidence.

again jmo.
The DM has run multiple stories about this case and they do pay for stories. The paternal aunt made threats on social media and the DM repeated them. It's no surprise that CW would engage attorneys in response or that the Sheriff would launch an investigation.
JMO

'So let him know that I'm going to spend every bit of energy and resources I have making sure he rots in jail. Also tell him that you know me, and that I don't make empty threats,' she said.

Neither Mr. Montez nor Ms. Manchez Sumners immediately responded to DailyMail.com's inquiries.

PICTURED: Two young sisters found shot dead with their mother in the $1million Texas mansion | Daily Mail Online

I would guess that LE and their families and friends in general would take issue that it is “just how it is across the country”.

I would hope the things we see and hear about here with the BCSO are NOT typical of other LE departments across the nation. I have no direct knowledge either way, hence my statement that maybe this is just “how it is”. I will say the SAPD doesn’t have this type of reputation and it’s even mentioned in the one article I pulled up that their arrest rates are much, much lower. It also compares rates to Dallas I believe.

Don’t get me wrong... I don’t think they’re all dirty or criminals. But I wouldn’t want them investigating a crime committed against someone I care about. It’s unfortuante that this is the case, but I’ve heard too many horror stories.

I'm 50/50. Whatever they find as final verdict, I'll accept. It's terrible no matter what. A rageful boyfriend shooting his girlfriend and her daughters is no worse or no better than a mother killing her children. Three are dead. When I say the proof is 50/50 right now, what I mean is LE vs ME. When those two agree, or when one's findings are seen as more credible than the other, then we'll know what happened. I seriously doubt anyone in the case is corrupt. I seriously doubt anyone is not doing their best to solve the case. To accuse anyone of grifting at a time like this is cruel, especially with no proof. To yak up opinions based on judgements of character or whether or not a mother has photos of herself with her daughters-- is just silliness. We don't know anything about any of these people. If that takes your fun away, then you need new fun.

and yes, IMHO.

It wasn't the fathers who started the aggressive internet campaign to make CW guilty. I doubt they'll see a dime of that money.

As stated, does not mean there are not others as there are in every case. I don't log in at other sites so I have no idea. It is why I joined this one. So things like mental illness and other things do not become fact with no basis or ended relationship, kicked out, etc.

It is amazing though how much I have learned just here what is said on other sites.

And again, I am 50/50.

I don't see any charges for obstruction of justice or tampering with evidence and the FBI is now involved. It's not just the BSCO investigating.
I’m very thankful the FBI has stepped in, for whatever reason, in whatever capacity. I do hope the truth is revealed. It would be a shame for CW to have this hang over his head if he didn’t kill them. It would be a tragedy for him to get away with murder if he did kill them.

Yes and there was discussion around whether this could mean the new sheriff is 'cleaning-up' as a number of people in the office are leaving and he is quite new in the role.

This would be an optimistic view of things. I don’t know of anyone locally that is this optimistic at is point, but I certainly don’t know everyone, so it’s possible this is what’s happening. One can hope.

I’m very thankful the FBI has stepped in, for whatever reason, in whatever capacity. I do hope the truth is revealed. It would be a shame for CW to have this hang over his head if he didn’t kill them. It would be a tragedy for him to get away with murder if he did kill them.

Amen.

BBM. The issue isn't if CW left, according to the sheriff, the issue being verified is where CW was located during the time frame listed. Cell phone data will do that.

I'm confident the Sheriff will provide more information now that the funerals have concluded.

JMO

Yup. And so far they have not verified his alibi as infallible. And I would take funerals with a grain of salt. It does not mean the bodies were present or the ashes. Unless I missed some fact there too when people started leading people to believe it was cremation. I got tired after 30 some pages but I saw it just sort of leak in...

I mean the ME didn’t just glance at the crime scene and declare m/s in the first flush of things. They performed an autopsy.

which tells one what? no expert but how do they know she did it herself or whether someone else did without other facts? close to her head? well i could do that to you or you to me. etc. i think the problem lies in the facts not shared. maybe the ME had enough facts to determine it. if so, then tell people. it could be it was just consistent with and could be and they were given no reason to think anything else happened. who knows.

but it is a day and age for many reasons the public wonders. wouldn't matter if it was here or elsewhere, rich or poor. HOW did you determine that? how do you KNOW? sorry but I think it is human nature.

you know it works the other way too, false convictions overturned years later with DNA. people question these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01