TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & 2 daughters, found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see any charges for obstruction of justice or tampering with evidence and the FBI is now involved. It's not just the BCSO investigating. And the Medical Examiner's office isn't controlled by BCSO. The ME's office is controlled by a state health organization (department of health) not the BCSO.

Here’s another article that does mention corruption and organized crime. Mind you, these are just the things that appear in MSM, not all of the things seen and heard living in the community.

Sting operation leads to arrest of former guards on charges of smuggling meth into Bexar jail

“Bash, Combs and Salazar released few details about the investigation. The sheriff’s office approached the FBI with the matter, and the agency opened a public corruption investigation that is ongoing, Combs said.”

The ME’s office is plagued with its own issues. I believe the biggest problem child, so to speak, is long gone, but the current ME worked under him. So you’ve got a bit of suspicion that continues to plague that office due to the players really haven’t changed.

Bexar County Sheriff's deputies being arrested at prolific rate

Here’s one example of what goes on in the BCSO... that we know about. It’s from just a few months ago.

“Among the BCSO arrests this year, eight have been for DWI, three for assaulting inmates and two each for sexual assault of a child and intent to distribute meth. The remaining arrests were for assault and fraud charges.”

Hopefully just this one brief snippet of an article might help some understand the concerns about the credibility and professionalism of those sworn to uphold the law here in Bexar County. It’s embarrassing.

Hmmm that is disappointing for the community they are supposed to be serving and protecting!!!

What’s the beef with local LE? Can you share some links to the corruption you speak of, to help non locals understand?

I’m local and I feel that Sheriff Salazar is doing a good job. I think there has been a culture of corruption in the BCSO in the past, but he seems determined to clean it up. Time will tell.
https://texasmonitor.org/bexar-county-sheriffs-department-plagued-by-criminal-misbehavior/

Bexar County Sheriff's deputies being arrested at prolific rate

19 Bexar County Sheriff's Employees Arrested In 2018

Here’s another article that does mention corruption and organized crime. Mind you, these are just the things that appear in MSM, not all of the things seen and heard living in the community.

Sting operation leads to arrest of former guards on charges of smuggling meth into Bexar jail

The ME’s office is plagued with its own issues. I believe the biggest problem child, so to speak, is long gone, but the current ME worked under him. So you’ve got a bit of suspicion that continues to plague that office due to the players really haven’t changed.
There are TWO medical examiners in that office. It's very possible that the female physician performed tests, did the autopsy, and was the doctor who gave the diagnosis. She was NOT associated with any corruption. The male physician wasn't associated with corruption either.

ITA! Comparing the ME's conclusion in this case to a 911 dispatch about a "possible suicide" is apples and oranges. JMO

If you are talking about Closs, it never went OUT as a possible suicide. It was a hang up call. It was one officer on arrival that thought that initially. Again, not a knock, just a brain cell that things can happen in the first flush of things. Only the perp knows what they did or planned, no one else has that advantage and they are coming to it from another perspective or with none. LE, ME, anyone.

There are TWO medical examiners in that office. It's very possible that the female physician performed tests, did the autopsy, and was the doctor who gave the diagnosis. She was NOT associated with any corruption. The male physician wasn't associated with corruption either.

I don't think anyone was corrupt. I just want to know how it was determined she did it and not someone else. How do they know? Yet we have gsr tests not shared and an alibi not confirmed. Again I am 50/50. When they share these things then people can pretend they know. To my knowledge, they have not been.

which tells one what? no expert but how do they know she did it herself or whether someone else did without other facts? close to her head? well i could do that to you or you to me. etc. i think the problem lies in the facts not shared. maybe the ME had enough facts to determine it. if so, then tell people. it could be it was just consistent with and could be and they were given no reason to think anything else happened. who knows.

but it is a day and age for many reasons the public wonders. wouldn't matter if it was here or elsewhere, rich or poor. HOW did you determine that? how do you KNOW? sorry but I think it is human nature.

you know it works the other way too, false convictions overturned years later with DNA. people question these days.
How would the physician MEs know Nichol killed her kids? Because her children's blood and brain matter would have been found on her hands, clothing and hair. She would have had a huge amount of GSR on her hands, clothing and hair. That's sadly how the ME would have made this determination.

Last edited:
There are quite a few interesting articles by learned people online about staging murder to look like suicide. I am not saying that this is what happened, but to those who think a good ME is faultless, these articles are enlightening. My takeaway: it happens more than we realize because the successful murderers get away with it. This may explain LE wanting to have more evidence in the bag than just the ME's finding. One interesting passage:

"Among key problems for any investigator, and the reason why staging might succeed, is the cognitive error known as threshold diagnosis, which leads to tunnel vision. That is, investigators might decide what must have happened as soon as they arrive, which tends to anchor them in their hypothesis. They fail to notice items that might discount their notions."
Staging Murder

I'm 50/50. Whatever they find as final verdict, I'll accept. It's terrible no matter what. A rageful boyfriend shooting his girlfriend and her daughters is no worse or no better than a mother killing her children. Three are dead. When I say the proof is 50/50 right now, what I mean is LE vs ME. When those two agree, or when one's findings are seen as more credible than the other, then we'll know what happened. I seriously doubt anyone in the case is corrupt. I seriously doubt anyone is not doing their best to solve the case. To accuse anyone of grifting at a time like this is cruel, especially with no proof. To yak up opinions based on judgements of character or whether or not a mother has photos of herself with her daughters-- is just silliness. We don't know anything about any of these people. If that takes your fun away, then you need new fun.

and yes, IMHO.
Where and when did the Sheriff say he didn't agree with the ME's conclusion of suicide or homicide? My impression is that all he is investigating are the daughters' homicides to placate the lynch mob who are insisting CW was involved. I've not seen anything to suggest he disagrees with the ME's determination of homicide in those two deaths.

JMO

RSBM for focus

I just wanted to say I couldn’t agree more.

I have been diagnosed with both dysthymia and major depression (as well as PTSD). A little over a year ago, after having the worst flashback of my life, I tried to overdose on pills. In the past, I would always think of my children and be able to stop myself. Not this time. Looking back, I might have been experiencing “major depressive disorder with mood-congruent psychotic features” (“Major depressive disorder with mood-congruent psychotic features means that the content of the hallucinations and delusions is consistent with typical depressive themes. These may include feelings of personal inadequacy, guilt, or worthlessness.”) because I was absolutely convinced that they would be better off without me and that they needed a new, healthier mom. Of course, I know that is not true, but that’s what I truly believed at the time.
Major Depression with Psychotic Features

To this day, I don’t remember any of this, but apparently, somehow I managed to call my therapist and then 911. Nor do I remember how I was able to walk downstairs or unlock the door to let the first responders in.

After a couple of days in the neurocardiology unit (I had had a seizure while still in the ER), I was moved to the psych unit.

The following weekend, the kids came to see me there. They were 15 and 13 at the time and fully understood what I had done. I felt so guilty and wanted to make sure they knew it wasn’t their fault. I just kept apologizing to them and telling them how much I loved them, They both told me to stop and gave me the biggest hugs.

There are only five people I have told this to, including the kids. They each have told a couple of their friends that I’m aware of.

I don’t know if Nichol and her daughters’ deaths had anything to do with mental illness. But if she did suffer from a mental disorder, I’m fairly sure there are people who are aware of it, and they will bring it to LE’s attention, if they haven’t already.
BBM. Must have been God. Thank you for your story. I'm glad you didn't succeed.

which tells one what? no expert but how do they know she did it herself or whether someone else did without other facts? close to her head? well i could do that to you or you to me. etc. i think the problem lies in the facts not shared. maybe the ME had enough facts to determine it. if so, then tell people. it could be it was just consistent with and could be and they were given no reason to think anything else happened. who knows.

but it is a day and age for many reasons the public wonders. wouldn't matter if it was here or elsewhere, rich or poor. HOW did you determine that? how do you KNOW? sorry but I think it is human nature.

you know it works the other way too, false convictions overturned years later with DNA. people question these days.

With all due respect, if the ME were uncertain of his findings, he would have ruled the manner of death Pending. This happens quite frequently. The ME will then continue to investigate, wait for toxicology results, etc. He or she takes into account all evidence presented, by the body, the investigating law enforcement, he will even contact family members and witnesses at times. I have full faith in the medical examiner's determination.

I guess......
Because, if LE had any indication CW murdered the girls, his butt would be in jail, money or not, imo.

Have LE cleared him? If not then it’s wise to remember that it can take quite some time before someone is charged as LE need to have a case with irrefutable evidence that can’t be picked apart by the defence if they are to get a conviction.

Where and when did the Sheriff say he didn't agree with the ME's conclusion of suicide or homicide? My impression is that all he is investigating are the daughters' homicides to placate the lynch mob who are insisting CW was involved. I've not seen anything to suggest he disagrees with the ME's determination of homicide in those two deaths.

JMO

I think unverified alibi might be taken that way. And repeatedly, I am 50/50. Sheriff also stated ME does not have the same info they do or at least at that point, did not have.

Have LE cleared him? If not then it’s wise to remember that it can take quite some time before someone is charged as LE need to have a case with irrefutable evidence that can’t be picked apart by the defence if they are to get a conviction.
This cannot be understated, especially with the rock star, multi-member defense team that CW has assembled. Prosecutors would need to have every i dotted and t crossed if they had any hope whatsoever of getting a conviction should this ever come to trial.

If you are talking about Closs, it never went OUT as a possible suicide. It was a hang up call. It was one officer on arrival that thought that initially. Again, not a knock, just a brain cell that things can happen in the first flush of things. Only the perp knows what they did or planned, no one else has that advantage and they are coming to it from another perspective or with none. LE, ME, anyone.

The official dispatch log in the Closs case has been published. It was dispatched as a possible suicide. I'm confident the ME in this case has the necessary education, training and experience to reach a determination of suicide.

JMO

1:03 329 ADVISED OF A POSSIBLE SUICIDE ATTEMPT. REQUESTED ASSISTANCE FROM BARRON PD. ADVISED 656.

911 dispatch log from Jayme Closs case

I want to see a link of her mental health/issues.

I saw someone asked probably 20 times for a link that they were "done" and she had problems with it.

I want to see a link about her wanting to be a higher social status.

Etc., etc.

I want to see a link of children's blood, etc. on her.

I have never reported anyone and do not plan to but provide them please.

Many people in my experience come more to the defense of someone torn apart without facts. Even those that normally stay silent.

In fact, it makes many wonder more....

From nowhere near the area but google it... Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong