TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & 2 daughters, found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per a previous post, I am still interested in opinion as to why the FBI called in and not the Texas Rangers.

IMO the FBI involvement indicates that something is 'hinky' about this case. LE disagreeing with MR I think supports this. I don't think the FBI would get involved in a case just to placate the friends of NO. I am sure they carefully determine where their resources are needed and especially so during a Govt shutdown.

The Texas Rangers appear to have a crime lab and I would imagine they could just as effectively gather electronic surveillance as the FBI. Their responsibilities are murder and questionable deaths (per below link).

Why the FBI then? I am not saying it should not be the FBI but it could be helpful to understand why them as this might provide some insight as to why this case is 'hinky'.

TxDPS - Crime Laboratory Service
TxDPS - Texas Ranger Responsibilities

I think unverified alibi might be taken that way. And repeatedly, I am 50/50. Sheriff also stated ME does not have the same info they do or at least at that point, did not have.
Where do you get that CW's alibi is unverified? The sheriff simply said he was waiting on cell phone records to confirm it. I'm betting the person(s) CW stayed with likely verified he was with them but the sheriff knows the lynch mob won't accept that.

The Sheriff never said the ME doesn't have the necessary info to reach the determinations of suicide/homicide nor has he said he disagrees with those determinations.

What I believe the Sheriff is doing is helping CW solidify the basis for defamation of character legal actions.

JMO

If experts believe it's easy enough to stage a suicide or M/S-- then any LE person would want to have as much supporting evidence as possible. I don't envy this Sheriff. It would be a challenging case for any LE person. Unless. . . the ME were iron-clad. And so far, it seems the Sheriff has sent the message that more work needs to be done. I'd say, the FBI presence supports that. Either to confirm the ME or change it.

probably? link?
Per a previous post, I am still interested in opinion as to why the FBI called in and not the Texas Rangers.

IMO the FBI involvement indicates that something is 'hinky' about this case. LE disagreeing with MR I think supports this. I don't think the FBI would get involved in a case just to placate the friends of NO. I am sure they carefully determine where their resources are needed and especially so during a Govt shutdown.

The Texas Rangers appear to have a crime lab and I would imagine they could just as effectively gather electronic surveillance as the FBI. Their responsibilities are murder and questionable deaths (per below link).

Why the FBI then? I am not saying it should not be the FBI but it could be helpful to understand why them as this might provide some insight as to why this case is 'hinky'.

TxDPS - Crime Laboratory Service
TxDPS - Texas Ranger Responsibilities

I think it is a very simple jurisdictional reason. The Sheriff was quoted as saying he was waiting on cell phone evidence. The feds can obtain cell phone data more easily than state investigators.

JMO

Where do you get that CW's alibi is unverified? The sheriff simply said he was waiting on cell phone records to confirm it. I'm betting the person(s) CW stayed with likely verified he was with them but the sheriff knows the lynch mob won't accept that.

The Sheriff never said the ME doesn't have the necessary info to reach the determinations of suicide/homicide nor has he said he disagrees with those determinations.

What I believe the Sheriff is doing is helping CW solidify the basis for defamation of character legal actions.

JMO

With all due respect how do you get any 100 percent idea of anything?? Unless you are him, her or one of the poor deceased children in this case.

If he is waiting for something to verify, then it is not solid.

You may well be right, I have said I am 50/50 over and over and over and over. But where do you get that?

<modsnip - personalized, accusatory>

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have evidence that a phone company has doctored or destroyed evidence in the past? Are you suggesting that the sheriff's office and the FBI collaborated to doctor and destroy phone evidence in this case just to help CW?

Im wondering if the Call Logs and GPS locations could be changed or destroyed by the BF because his call history and locations at that night and the next morning before he called 911 will make a difference.

I feel like we are all just making assumptions and repeating ourselves and our opinions at this point. Don’t get me wrong, I’m clearly still fascinated with the case and this discussion...but we are all just dissecting and interpreting the same MSM articles and statements <modsnip rumor>. Just saying. Proceed. lol

I want to see a link of her mental health/issues.

I saw someone asked probably 20 times for a link that they were "done" and she had problems with it.

I want to see a link about her wanting to be a higher social status.

Etc., etc.

I want to see a link of children's blood, etc. on her.

I have never reported anyone and do not plan to but provide them please.

Many people in my experience come more to the defense of someone torn apart without facts. Even those that normally stay silent.

In fact, it makes many wonder more....

From nowhere near the area but google it... Wow.

You’re not going to get links <modsnip> because they don’t exist. The only statement above that I see that was posted strictly as someone’s opinion is that NO perhaps wanted to be of a higher social status. I could see that being true, if for no other reason than I think most average folks would opt to bump up on the social status/wealth ladder if given a choice. I do wonder what NO would say now if she was alive to voice an opinion. Was the bump up in where she lived and the lifestyle CW afforded her worth it? I’m going to guess she would say no, but that’s pure, 100-% speculation on my part.

This doesn’t even make sense. The alibi is either verified or not. The sheriff has stated on the record that he’s waiting on info to verify the alibi. Therefore, the alibi is by definition “unverified”.

Speaking in generalities only, I don’t think it’s unusual for LE to not necessarily take at face value a family member stating “my son/daughter was with me at X time” without seeking out some sort of corroborating evidence to support it.

<modsnip - quoted post removed >

I can’t speak for everyone, and I think a lot of things that were discussed were being discussed as theories, not facts, so I can’t be of much help to you. And yes, I know you are 50/50. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. You don’t need to take any approach other than the one you are comfortable with.

<modsnip - quoted post removed >
Good point. Just exactly who is a victim?

Currently, we have 2 homicide victims. NO‘s daughters.

We have a boyfriend who came home to a traumatizing scene. Victim.

We have a suicide victim. To suggest she likely killed her children is no unfounded aspersion but a logical conclusion based on the evidence.

<modsnip - generalizing other posters>

This doesn’t even make sense. The alibi is either verified or not. The sheriff has stated on the record that he’s waiting on info to verify the alibi. Therefore, the alibi is by definition “unverified”.

Speaking in generalities only, I don’t think it’s unusual for LE to not necessarily take at face value a family member stating “my son/daughter was with me at X time” without seeking out some sort of corroborating evidence to support it.
I think it is very unusual when the ME has concluded the adult committed suicide.

The sheriff specifically stated he is waiting on cell phone info to verify the alibi. iow, he isn't going to take the word of someone who was with CW because that wouldn't satisfy the social media lynch mob that wants CW guilty.
JMO

<modsnip - post removed >
Good point. Just exactly who is a victim?

Currently, we have 2 homicide victims. NO‘s daughters.

We have a boyfriend who came home to a traumatizing scene. Victim.

We have a suicide victim. To suggest she likely killed her children is no unfounded aspersion but a logical conclusion based on the evidence.
<modsnip - generalizing other posters>

Would you like to give a link with his alibi and proof? Until we have that, it is clueless to assume anything. If it was so obvious, announce it and clear him. If they have not, why not?

<modsnip - response to snipped part of quoted post>

I think it is very unusual when the ME has concluded the adult committed suicide.

The sheriff specifically stated he is waiting on cell phone info to verify the alibi. iow, he isn't going to take the word of someone who was with CW because that wouldn't satisfy the social media lynch mob that wants CW guilty.
JMO

Then if that is the case, that is fine. And no one knows until then. I do not know why he would need cell phone records, leaving that community would tell enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288