CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #33 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
An extremely over protective and controlling mother. Not unlike most of us who have children, but willing to turn a blind eye to the misdeeds and anger issues of her son.

My husband and I were just talking about this tonight. We are pretty realistic with who our kids are as people, but have realized a lot of parents aren’t. Our oldest has always been more of a follower. It’s something that scares us with her starting school this year. We had good reason, as she has gotten involved with a group of girls that have been bullying a 1st grade boy with developmental issues. We know she wasn’t the ring leader, but we also know that we need to do everything we can to not only reinforce that it was wrong, as she already knew, but also to empower her to step away from the group when she sees things that aren’t right.

I don’t think PF woke up September 1st and became a person capable of murder. There must have been a series of smaller things for years. I also wonder about whether KK is like my oldest- highly susceptible to other’s influence- or if she is like PF and has a dark side. Were there signs in childhood or adolescence? I realize both are adults and responsible for their own actions, but I do wonder about what can be done as parents to give kids everything they need to not make such poor decisions. MOO

Yes, I wonder if he tried to get someone to drive her car somewhere and leave it there, and that person refused or backed out. Imo
I dont think he planned to get rid of/hide her car at all in the short term. I truly believe he thought that LE was nearly non-existent in his neck of the woods. That he was just going to shove this under the rug and no one would be the wiser...except for when CB started to ring more often at which time he’d figure that all out later.

I can't think of a case where the arrest happens after testifying.

I personally am losing hope that she is going to be charged. I am just holding onto the hope that if she is not charged, all of my assumptions (based on MSM reporting) about her level of involvement are wrong.

If not. If she was involved to the extent I believe, it will be a travesty that she gets away with standing back and watching a beautiful young mother's life get taken away, and goes so far as to help with the cover up.

It is just taking too long, in my opinion. The only thing I can think of is that LE is holding everything so close to their chest they don't want to arrest KK yet, because the DA would have very little reason to get the arrest warrant sealed etc. Then stuff about the case leaks out. Seems like weak rationale to me, and so I am worried an arrest won't ever happen.
As I’ve expressed before I don’t think they can prove anything kk did was illegal and warrants her arrest. She was solicited multiple times, expressed concern to her friend, likely no proof of her agreement, she visited him, maybe she says he threw the phone in her car and she texted unethical texts.. I don’t think they have enough on her. Maybe I’m wrong.

As I’ve expressed before I don’t think they can prove anything kk did was illegal and warrants her arrest. She was solicited multiple times, expressed concern to her friend, likely no proof of her agreement, she visited him, maybe she says he threw the phone in her car and she texted unethical texts.. I don’t think they have enough on her. Maybe I’m wrong.
Maybe that's why no arrest? Maybe earlier posters were right that she found KB's phone in her belongings after she left CO, and just turned it on. If the texts were preprogrammed and any password deactivated (easy, takes 5 seconds), then just turning it on would ping and send the texts. Maybe that's her story - I don't believe it, but it's possible. Almost everything we think we know about KKL is from the R's interviews

I think you’re half right.

She’s involved, they can prove it, but the extent of her involvement is not that great.

She’d still be looking at charges (atleast accessory after the fact), unless a deal was made.

I think it has.

Time will tell.

I think you’re half right.

She’s involved, they can prove it, but the extent of her involvement is not that great.

She’d still be looking at charges (atleast accessory after the fact), unless a deal was made.

I think it has.

Time will tell.

And I think you're half right.

She's involved, they can prove it, and the extent of her involvement is greater than you think.

A deal has almost certainly been made regardless.

And I think you're half right.

She's involved, they can prove it, and the extent of her involvement is greater than you think.

A deal has almost certainly been made regardless.
Ha! Oh, I’m open to the possibility that she’s a full blown conspirator.

But perhaps they cannot prove that.

Ha! Oh, I’m open to the possibility that she’s a full blown conspirator.

But perhaps they cannot prove that.

Glad to see you come into the light, MassG.

I've always thought it would be much harder to prove that she conspired before the murder than it would be to prove she helped conceal it afterward. She and PF can conveniently explain away any phone calls they exchanged as being related to their deep and abiding love for one another, which as we all know, goes back to their 5th grade square dance or whatever the heck it was.

JMO.

Glad to see you come into the light, MassG.

I've always thought it would be much harder to prove that she conspired before the murder than it would be to prove she helped conceal it afterward. She and PF can conveniently explain away any phone calls they exchanged as being related to their deep and abiding love for one another, which as we all know, goes back to their 5th grade square dance or whatever it was.

JMO.
That’s true, although there’s always text messages, as long as PF can read and write.

IIRC, they didn’t meet at a square dance, rather it was a cattle roping competition.

He threw his rope and missed, inadvertently capturing her, and ultimately her heart.

I hope that incredible but true, fact that I just made up, makes it into the Lifetime Movie about this case.

That’s true, although there’s always text messages, as long as PF can read and write.

IIRC, they didn’t meet at a square dance, rather it was a cattle roping competition.

He threw his rope and missed, inadvertently capturing her, and ultimately her heart.

I hope that incredible true fact that I just made up, makes it into the Lifetime Movie about this case.

BBM:
Apologies for the delayed reply. I've been speechless with laughter.

Okay, even I gotta' admit, I love this a lot! Almost as much as KK loves PF!

"....threw his rope and missed, inadvertently capturing her, and ultimately her heart"

I foresee both Lifetime Movie and Silhouette Romance book contract possibilities for you here.

Last edited:
An extremely over protective and controlling mother. Not unlike most of us who have children, but willing to turn a blind eye to the misdeeds and anger issues of her son.

I don't know that we have any evidence of her being over controlling then in the next turn ignoring his actions. Obviously, something is very wrong with PF. I just think the blame is his. There would have been very little this mother could have done, IMO, to change the behavior of her son. Everything we see here shows he has some type of psychopathy. He is not insane but he has no functioning conscience. Other than institutionalize him; she was not going to fix him. JMO.

My husband and I were just talking about this tonight. We are pretty realistic with who our kids are as people, but have realized a lot of parents aren’t. Our oldest has always been more of a follower. It’s something that scares us with her starting school this year. We had good reason, as she has gotten involved with a group of girls that have been bullying a 1st grade boy with developmental issues. We know she wasn’t the ring leader, but we also know that we need to do everything we can to not only reinforce that it was wrong, as she already knew, but also to empower her to step away from the group when she sees things that aren’t right.

I don’t think PF woke up September 1st and became a person capable of murder. There must have been a series of smaller things for years. I also wonder about whether KK is like my oldest- highly susceptible to other’s influence- or if she is like PF and has a dark side. Were there signs in childhood or adolescence? I realize both are adults and responsible for their own actions, but I do wonder about what can be done as parents to give kids everything they need to not make such poor decisions. MOO

Oh, my gosh. You are a good Mom!!! Your daughter is lucky to have to pull her back into reality.

This guy we cannot relate to at all. He would have potentially been charming and befriended the child over time then started conning his money from him. All the time gathering facts about him that are to his benefit. After that had found something of benefit he wanted he would have charmed this from the child. Over time this could have escalated to more perverse behavior either sexual or physical pain but not bullying. These guys are Scott Peterson and Ted Bundyish if proven guilty.

There would have been no prenup, because I don’t think this guy had any intention of ever marrying her.

If he did, he wouldn’t have killed her.

I don’t think either of them were wealthy, but she had a far more stable source of income than he did.

Had he asked for a prenup, I hope she would have laughed hysterically.

I’m going off his puppy sales, $2500 ea
10 pups per year = $25;000
I think he might have sold more like 20, annually. Moo
Shoeing only 15 horses per week would yield $1500-2k, imo (at very low end). 15 horses would take appx 12-25 hours.
So, imo, he had ample time to generate a handsome income, much greater than KB’s.

Personally, I find nothing humorous about this crime.
I have no knowledge of P playing with or hiding toys under his bed.

Last edited:
Good morning :) Bracing for more cold & snow today here in the Springs and WP.. traffic already messy from here to Denver. No new KB news. Just a repeat interview of her friend this morning on the local news. Have a happy Monday everyone, and a great new week ahead!

I don’t think you’re off.

I firmly believe they found something that indicates that she is dead.

Now that could be a few things:

Brain matter.

Blood in extreme quantities (I can’t imagine they would have missed this initially).

Blood splatter (found) that is backed up by witness statements. Something like:

“He said he beat her to death and blood ended up on the wall or ceiling. He said he attempted to clean it up.”
Blood could have seeped under carpet,and, flooring. So they could have gotten KB's place sparkling clean, but the subflooring,and carpet padding say "out damn spot".
Or the drain traps same thing.

I’m going off his puppy sales, $2500 ea
10 pups per year = $25;000
I think he might have sold more like 20, annually. Moo
Shoeing only 15 horses per week would yield $1500-2k, imo (at very low end). 15 horses would take appx 12-25 hours.
So, imo, he had ample time to generate a handsome income, much greater than KB’s.

Personally, I find nothing humorous about this crime.
I have no knowledge of P playing with or hiding toys under his bed.

I doubt that he had a steady rate of 15 horses per week, every week. And many farriers barter and do exchanges, not take just cash each time.

The same with the puppy sales. It is rare that one can sell each puppy from a litter for full price. It is not that cut and dry.

I think you are overestimating his income capabilities. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members