CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #33 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fiance of missing mom wants wrongful death lawsuit against him dismissed
The fiancé of missing Colorado mother Kelsey Berreth is arguing to have a federal wrongful death lawsuit against him dismissed, claiming that Berreth's parents do not have legal standing to sue him.

The motion was filed Monday by Patrick Frazee’s legal team in response to a federal wrongful death lawsuit brought against him by Berreth’s parents, Cheryl and Darrell Berreth.

"Under Colorado law, parents can only bring a lawsuit if there is no living spouse or child," Frazee’s attorney, Jennifer Stock, told ABC News.

"When a decedent has either a surviving spouse or child, the decedent’s parents do not have standing to bring a claim of wrongful death," Frazee’s motion says. "Here, decedent Kelsey Berreth is survived by her one year old daughter. Therefore, plaintiff parents lack standing to bring a wrongful death lawsuit against the defendant."
Did pf just admit kb is deceased in this

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
JUST IN: Patrick Frazee has filed a motion to dismiss the wrongful death lawsuit brought against him by Kelsey Berreth's parents. @KOAA #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth
DyBfNUVVsAAKUrn.jpg

Ooh, that just brought up an interesting point.

How were KB's parents allowed to file suit when as far as I can tell, no death certificate has been issued for KB?

I don't think PF admitted she's dead, though. Just that if she is, her parents have no standing to sue.

I’m going off his puppy sales, $2500 ea
10 pups per year = $25;000
I think he might have sold more like 20, annually. Moo
Shoeing only 15 horses per week would yield $1500-2k, imo (at very low end). 15 horses would take appx 12-25 hours.
So, imo, he had ample time to generate a handsome income, much greater than KB’s.

Personally, I find nothing humorous about this crime.
I have no knowledge of P playing with or hiding toys under his bed.

So you think he was lying about not being able to afford marriage, and moving in together?

I could go either way.

Nothing is humorous about murder, but I find humor in this murderer’s ineptitude.

Getting kicked in the head by a horse, certainly didn’t make this guy any brighter.

I'm curious about this.

What exactly does it mean when a couple says they can't get married because they don't have enough money?

You're usually not talking about a couple where one makes a very good living and is buying a $180K condo and the other has lived on his mother's farm for 20 years - meaning he has security, no threat of eviction if he gets behind - and is apparently making a decent living for the area.

Were they waiting until they could afford their own farm? Afford a HUUUGE wedding?

IIRC, KB was talking to someone she'd worked with before while I think she was pregnant, in the spring, IIRC. She told that person that she hoped to be getting married 'soon', presumably before the baby was born.

PF's mom's.
That is not the property they searched off Teller One.
So you think he was lying about not being able to afford marriage, and moving in together?

I could go either way.

Nothing is humorous about murder, but I find humor in this murderer’s ineptitude.

Getting kicked in the head by a horse, certainly didn’t make this guy any brighter.

He dated one girl for six years, I don't think he was the marrying kind. JMO

I'm curious about this.

What exactly does it mean when a couple says they can't get married because they don't have enough money?

You're usually not talking about a couple where one makes a very good living and is buying a $180K condo and the other has lived on his mother's farm for 20 years - meaning he has security, no threat of eviction if he gets behind - and is apparently making a decent living for the area.

Were they waiting until they could afford their own farm? Afford a HUUUGE wedding?

IIRC, KB was talking to someone she'd worked with before while I think she was pregnant, in the spring, IIRC. She told that person that she hoped to be getting married 'soon', presumably before the baby was born.
We just don’t know what was really going on.

My guess is that he was simply “kicking the can down the road,” until Kelsey wasn’t having it anymore.

I think she wanted to get married, but he did not.

Then he killed her.

My guess is that he was simply “kicking the can down the road,” until Kelsey wasn’t having it anymore.

Then he killed her.

Maybe KB and her mom had a heart to heart during her October visit, and KB realized she needed to move on. jmo

I'm curious about this.

JMO
I think it was only PF telling KB that to avoid committing to marriage. That was how I took it anyway.

Most couples I have heard about would not let finances stop them from getting married if they really wanted to get married. You can get a justice of the peace to marry you with little to no money. The cost of the marriage certificate is about it in some cases. If you are in Vegas you can get married really cheap too.

I imagine some couples may choose to wait to save enough money for either a large wedding and honeymoon or a place of their own but I dont think that was the issue for them. I think PF was just making excuses.

I think KB started to realize a lot about PF that she had not known at first. Unfortunately she didnt realize how dark his thoughts were getting.

That is not the property they searched off Teller One.

He dated one girl for six years, I don't think he was the marrying kind. JMO
BBM

I don't mean to nitpick, but I've seen this stated as fact a couple of times now - that PF dated a girl for six years - and I don't think this is accurate. Unless you're talking about another girlfriend besides the one reported by Daily Mail?

Neighbors described fiancé of missing Colorado woman as 'quiet' and 'good' | Daily Mail Online
A former girlfriend who dated Frazee more than six years ago declined to speak to DailyMail.com but her current partner said: 'He cheated on her while she was in the hospital, take that for what it's worth.'

That’s entirely possible.

Something happened in the time period before September though, when he seems to have begun the initial steps to plan her murder.

Yeah, can’t wait to hear what happened prior to September. Hard to know how long he entertained his ideas, before soliciting.

I think KB may have used “declining cattle prices”, as an excuse to satisfy CB.
Idk if P said it, KB said it or if anyone said it, actually.

We all read the ad on the DOSS site, for KB’s position, it stated the hourly wage. That’s what I base my opinion on.

Then he killed her.
I totally agree. He was stalling, big time.

People who want to get married and don't have a lot of money go to the courthouse, fill out the paperwork, and get married there. Or they get married in their living rooms, or do a small church wedding with the reception in the church hall. IMHO

Yeah, can’t wait to hear what happened prior to September. Hard to know how long he entertained his ideas, before soliciting.

I think KB may have used “declining cattle prices”, as an excuse to satisfy CB.
Idk if P said it, KB said it or if anyone said it, actually.

We all read the ad on the DOSS site, for KB’s position, it stated the hourly wage. That’s what I base my opinion on.
I believe that KB did tell her mother that, but I’m also confident that this originally came from PF.

KB wouldn’t be privy to PF’s financial situation, whatever the true nature of it was.

If he told her something, she wouldn’t be able to discern whether it was true or not.

I’m sure he told her many lies, the biggest of which, was that he intended to marry her.

That’s entirely possible.

Something happened in the time period before September though, when he seems to have begun the initial steps to plan her murder.

The only major thing that happened that we know of, is four months prior to September she purchased her condo through her parents LLC. Her parents could just have easily bought them a place in the country, or put down a nice down payment.

Hey everyone,

All I see is a ranch with the initials P.F.

If within the next 30 minutes someone can provide proof that P.F. stands for Patrick Frazee then we will allow the discussion. If not, then the posts discussing the Ranch will be removed and the topic off limits for discussion.
Thank you,
Tricia

We are going to allow discussion of the sale of the ranch/cattle for now.

It appears to be the same Patrick Frazee.

Oh...cows run all over the western US! I didn't know that. I thought they had barns and feed.
Interesting to me. :)
You made me laugh out loud. LOL.

Yes, beef cattle roam and graze on large tracts of land in the west. There are still real cowboys on horses, herding dogs, and also they now use ATV's and small aircraft, and GPS tracking, to find the cattle when the owners want to round them up.

I knew a guy who owned a $50,000 Black Angus breeding bull they couldn't find. They took their small plane out (they also made money leasing their plane to other ranchers for the same purpose) and found him dead in a ravine. I said if I owned a $50,000 bull, he'd have his own bedroom inside my house!

Dairy cows must be tended to daily, milked. They are likely to have barns and a combination of green grass pasture grazing and daily feeding of corn, hay, etc. So you are correct. They tend to live and produce for several years.

Beef cattle are grown for slaughter and breeding. They have short lives.
Oh My Gosh you both are hilarious!

For real though, if one spends sometime off the beaten path and paved roads in the high country you've crossed/seen the cattle guards. Those are for, guess what, containing free ranging livestock. We actually had a herd block out road one time- Just us, and the cows, up in the middle of nowhere, and we waited. No Barns. No bales of feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23