CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #33 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always wondered what that saying means.

What's the meaning of the phrase 'Go pound sand'?
An expression of disdain, along the same lines as 'get lost', 'go and play in the traffic', etc.

'Go pound sand' - the meaning and origin of this phrase

It may well date to the early 20th century. That version was certainly well enough known in the US in 1969 for Max Yasgur to have used it when arguing with local dignitaries over his bringing the Woodstock Music and Arts Festival to his farm in Bethal, New York, saying:

"Well, you can all go pound salt up your *advertiser censored*, because come Aug. 15, we're going to have a festival!"

There's also a less vulgar version, 'go pound sand in your ears'.

Here's an entry from the Southeast Economist, Chicago, 1948:

"From her store of memories Mrs. Mary R. Stuart of Harvard Ave, perpetrator of this column of sayings of wisecracks popular in the 'Oh yeah?' era, recalls that 'go pound sand in your ears' meant to soft-pedal the noise."

With all due respect, if done before rigor sets in, corpses' bodies can be manipulated and contorted in ways that living bodies cannot be. I have fit myself into many different suitcases over the years, for various reasons. I'm not saying that I necessarily believed this happened to KB, but I am not discounting it.

That begs the question ........

What's the meaning of the phrase 'Go pound sand'?
An expression of disdain, along the same lines as 'get lost', 'go and play in the traffic', etc.

'Go pound sand' - the meaning and origin of this phrase

It may well date to the early 20th century. That version was certainly well enough known in the US in 1969 for Max Yasgur to have used it when arguing with local dignitaries over his bringing the Woodstock Music and Arts Festival to his farm in Bethal, New York, saying:

"Well, you can all go pound salt up your *advertiser censored*, because come Aug. 15, we're going to have a festival!"

There's also a less vulgar version, 'go pound sand in your ears'.

Here's an entry from the Southeast Economist, Chicago, 1948:

"From her store of memories Mrs. Mary R. Stuart of Harvard Ave, perpetrator of this column of sayings of wisecracks popular in the 'Oh yeah?' era, recalls that 'go pound sand in your ears' meant to soft-pedal the noise."

Thanks, K-did! I'm going with the saltier version for PF.

Unless it's a tiny operation you'll buy and sell all year. The report wouldn't open for me. How do we know the 94 was all the cattle he owned.
My family buys and sells hundreds at a time regularly, but we have 22,000. I don't exprexhr has more than a few hundred, at very most.
Daughter of a beef cattle rancher and I agree to the selling all year around although prices are usually better later in the year. It's a bit unusual to be selling cows in calf though. We wouldn't typically do it.

Daughter of a beef cattle rancher and I agree to the selling all year around although prices are usually better later in the year. It's a bit unusual to be selling cows in calf though. We wouldn't typically do it.

I have been gone for a little while, can someone catch me up on why we're talking about PF's cattle? TIA!

*Edited for syntax

Last edited:
There is something strange about this wrongful death lawsuit news. KB's parents hired a lawfirm from Colorado Springs to represent them. Sanders Law Firm. Someone said they represented Micheal Jackson's Mother in her wrongful death law suit.

I cannot believe that a Colorado Law firm would not know exactly who can and cannot file a wrongful death lawsuit. The law isn't muddy in this area.

I was surprised they filed because as far as I know, KB has not been officially declared dead yet.

Very interesting note by the Colorado auction owner on January 2019 sales....

- JACE'S NOTES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member