TN TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were none during the press conference or during the interview.
I think that's pretty common. No-one wants to break down when trying to get important information out. It can be hard to understand people when they are crying.
I don't think that's any indication of what her emotions are during all the other hours throughout the day. Some people try to keep it together all day and don't cry until they get into bed. Others don't want their kids to see them upset. Everyone is different. Imo

Last edited:
It concerns me the ping was near the rest stop. Did she catch a ride there, only to meet up with someone else?
Thinking of SAMS reminder, mom/aunt initially thought S was a runaway. Moo
Ever since Mollie I have the feature now where I can see the location anytime - day or night on my phone. If my child was missing from her bed, the first thing I would do after calling 911 would be check this feature out. I wonder if either of her phones had this?

Tennessee Girl, 14, 'Was Her Normal, Bubbly Self' Before Vanishing More than 2 Weeks Ago
January 30, 2019 11:40 AM

“Savannah is 5 feet 3 inches and 110 pounds, with blonde hair and blue eyes.”

Her hair looked very red to me in a couple pictures posted on the DM link, especially the one outdoors with the green in the background, sun was shining on her hair, iirc.)

Parents’ agony as multistate search for missing 14-year-old girl enters a third week | Daily Mail Online
12:36 EST 29 Jan 2019

Last edited:
@margarita25 Note that WATE is an ABC-affiliate and they do not give a source for this information.

New details emerge in search for missing Monroe County teen
We now know she was last seen heading to bed around 11 p.m. on January 13. Her siblings found her bedroom window open the next morning and said some of her clothes and bed sheets were missing.

Last edited:
Her not having shoes on really bothers me. Who would leave their house and take clothes and sheets but no shoes? That makes me think she did not leave willingly as in terms of running away from home. I think someone took her against her will or something much worse occured. I just don't see anyone leaving without shoes. Doesn't make sense especially if it was cold out.

I think SuziQ ment it as an example not as fact in this case?

It concerns me the ping was near the rest stop. Did she catch a ride there, only to meet up with someone else?
Well, she's too young to drive so that can be ruled out. And, similar to KB's case, we know the phone pinged elsewhere but we don't know Savannah was with the phone. (Although I suspect she was.)
MOO

I'm sure this has been discussed. I'm just catching up. Why would she have a burner phone?

Fillyaw said Savannah has two cellphones with her and they pinged the morning of Jan. 14 near a welcome center in the Corbin, Kentucky, area, roughly 130 miles from her home. Investigators believe the teen may have been traveling north to an unknown destination.

Investigators searching for teen who vanished from home weeks ago

I’ve wondered this too Trudie. Or whomever took her from her room perhaps realized then that she had phones with her and shut them down? This in itself is odd to me though as I type this. What “abductor” would allow a child time to grab phones on the way out of the window? Could she have snuck them? Starting to think one of two things happened. 1.) Runaway or 2) Foul play. IMO

I'm sure this has been discussed. I'm just catching up. Why would she have a burner phone?

Fillyaw said Savannah has two cellphones with her and they pinged the morning of Jan. 14 near a welcome center in the Corbin, Kentucky, area, roughly 130 miles from her home. Investigators believe the teen may have been traveling north to an unknown destination.

IMO, she didn't. I think her parents went with a new provider after the move to TN due to the cell phone coverage there (or lack thereof).
MOO

@margarita25 Note that WATE is an ABC-affiliate and they do not give a source for this information.

New details emerge in search for missing Monroe County teen
We now know she was last seen heading to bed around 11 p.m. on January 13. Her siblings found her bedroom window open the next morning and said some of her clothes and bed sheets were missing.

Yes indeed.

So it looks like ABC has the exclusive on this. The reporters who did the story must have gotten a quote from LE because they say “authorities said”—would be nice to hear this directly from LE.

She didn’t have a “burner phone”.

Qmfr:
Yes, LE said in the PC she had one from where they used to live and one for where they live now (paraphrasing).

Source / “must watch” video:

—-

Interesting:
12:07 -12:25:

LE: “We’re not at liberty to name anybody at this point just because if it doesn’t pan out”

Reporter’s voice interjects:
“Abduction or Runaway?”

LE: (pause) “well, then, like I said I don’t wanna really say whether it was abduction or runaway at this point just in case (mumble) any of these suspects do pan out.”

—-

Notice “suspects” plural, as well as “two” other unnamed states.

She didn't have a burner phone. She had a phone from when she lived in GA and got a new phone when they recently moved to TN.

Tennessee Girl, 14, 'Was Her Normal, Bubbly Self' Before Vanishing More than 2 Weeks Ago
January 30, 2019 11:40 AM

“Savannah is 5 feet 3 inches and 110 pounds, with blonde hair and blue eyes.”

Her hair looked very red to me in a couple pictures posted on the DM link, especially the one outdoors with the green in the background, sun was shining on her hair, iirc.)

Parents’ agony as multistate search for missing 14-year-old girl enters a third week | Daily Mail Online
But that is the official description of her hair color as provided by the Monroe County Sheriff's Department and so it is repeated everywhere no matter what her pictures look like.
Help Us Find Savannah Leigh Pruitt

Yes indeed.

So it looks like ABC has the exclusive on this. The reporters who did the story must have gotten a quote from LE because they say “authorities said”—would be nice to hear this directly from LE.
I still have a hard time believing that LE would release that information. Not trying to be argumentative, I have just seen too many errors in reporting. I remain suspect. :oops:
MOO

Unless the window is too far off the ground for the person who went out to reach up and close it after going out. . That's all I can think of...otherwise I agree, sounds staged.

(Off topic, there was this case out of Australia iirc, the perp pulled his car directly under a little girl’s window, then stood on it to climb in and out!)

Been following along but first time commenting on this thread. Much of what has been said about Savannah's personality reminds me of myself at that age, so I wanted to share a few things that haven't been considered. I'm a farm girl through and through and I've raised 3 raccoons and later turned them loose once they reached breeding age. I can't even count how many birds, field mice, pigs, goats etc. I brought in the house and nursed back to health. I loved the outdoors no matter the weather. The barn was one of my favorite places, I spent more time in the barn than in the house no matter how cold it was. The barn was actually where I met my close childhood friend. Our parents didn't know about it for weeks. Fortunately for me, my friend, a boy, was a good boy. So I could see how Savannah could've made friends with someone without anyone knowing and no electronic trail.

I also had a tendency to bring home human, "injured" strays as well. Is it possible she met someone, male or female who took advantage of her nature? Maybe the sheets and clothes were for a friend who needed to run away for safety, then once she snuck outside, she was abducted? I know this sounds pretty far fetched but nothing is adding up from what we've learned so far IMO.

snipped

I wonder what makes them think she is heading north? This is a strange one IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member