IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Detectives piecing together 'digital puzzle' as they investigate report of attack on 'Empire' actor Jussie Smollett

In all that, it does not state that both the "star"/victim and the two people walking were even on the same street at the same time.

PS...The "star"/victim refuses to address the incident with the media. But if you buy tickets to his concert tomorrow in Los Angeles, he will be making a speech about it.

PSS...According to one of the "stars"/victims tweet from Jan. 20, 2019:
"45 and all his white hooded cohorts are a national disgrace. And if you support them...so are you. Clowns."
His tweets support the idea that he may have a hate filled agenda.

Last edited:
Jussie Smollett breaks silence on Chicago attack

Beautiful People,

Let me start by saying that I'm ok. My body is strong but my soul is stronger. More importantly I want to say thank you. The outpouring of love and support from my village has meant more than I will ever be able to truly put into words. I am working with authorities and have been 100% factual and consistent on every level. Despite my frustrations and deep concern with certain inaccuracies and misrepresentations that have been spread, I still believe that justice will be served. As my family stated, these types of cowardly attacks are happening to my sisters, brothers and non-gender conforming siblings daily. I am not and should not be looked upon as an isolated incident. We will talk soon and I will address all details of this horrific incident but I need a moment to process. Most importantly, during times of trauma, grief and pain, there is still a responsibility to lead with love. It's all I know. And that can't be kicked out of me.

With Love, respect & honor...

Jussie.

Chicago Crime 2019 | Chicago Murder, Crime & Mayhem | HeyJackass!
Final January 2019 Totals for Chicago:
Shot & Killed: 20
Shot & Wounded: 112
Total Shot: 132
Total Homicides:
2 people killed and 4 wounded from Tuesday 1/29 through 1:00am Friday.
Yes, it's been a safe and quiet month for Chicago. They'll make up for it when the cold snap ends. Usually 2 people a day are murdered, and dozens shot. I wonder why Smollett was wandering around in subzero weather at 2am? He knows how unsafe the streets are.

Chicago Crime 2019 | Chicago Murder, Crime & Mayhem | HeyJackass!
Final January 2019 Totals for Chicago:
Shot & Killed: 20
Shot & Wounded: 112
Total Shot: 132
Total Homicides:
2 people killed and 4 wounded during the "polar vortex" from Tuesday 1/29 through 1:00am Friday.
I'm betting there were motives for those crimes such as robbery or gang violence. The arctic blast is why many in Chicago are doubting his story. The brutal wind was already setting in and going outside and breathing in the air was painful. Yelling would also be painful and would serve no purpose whatsoever. People were bundled up head to toe. The two images police released show very bundled up people to the point it is impossible to see any features. <modsnip> Chicago is one of the most diverse cities on the planet. Their annual Gay Pride parade is incredibly fun.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Police won't demand 'Empire' actor Jussie Smollett turn over cellphone

Headline reads that Chicago Police will not demand that his cell phone be turned over. Even though it's clear that to have the audio of the "attack" would be beneficial in capturing these "attackers".

Ellen Page blames Mike Pence for Jussie Smollett attack: ‘He has hurt LGBTQ people’

Teary eyed actress Ellen Page went on television last night and blamed Vice President Mike Pence for the attack on the "star"/victim.

The “Flatliners” star then attempted to link Mr. Pence’s record on gay rights to the reported attack against Mr. Smollett.
“Connect the dots,” she said. “This is what happens. If you are in a position of power and you hate people and you want to cause suffering to them, you go through the trouble, you spend your career trying to cause suffering, what do you think is going to happen?”

140752-a0ad1ef02bbcd12730484c6deee260d9.jpg

Attachments

• Popcorn-eating-Emoji-Rockstar-300x3002.jpg
    Popcorn-eating-Emoji-Rockstar-300x3002.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 0
Maybe the reason he doesn't want to turn over his phone is because he has names and numbers of other well known people that he thinks should be kept private.
Not sure why the quotation marks around the word star as Empire is a very well known series.
Also thought WS was victim friendly unless there is proof the person isn't a victim. IMO

Maybe the reason he doesn't want to turn over his phone is because he has names and numbers of other well known people that he thinks should be kept private.
Not sure why the quotation marks around the word star as Empire is a very well known series.
Also thought WS was victim friendly unless there is proof the person isn't a victim. IMO

BBM

Right???

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...of-hate/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.0d69aa514031

Reported hate crimes in America rose 17 percent last year, the third consecutive year that such crimes increased, according to newly released FBI data that showed an even larger increase in anti-Semitic attacks.

Law enforcement agencies reported that 7,175 hate crimes occurred in 2017, up from 6,121 in 2016. That increase was fueled in part by more police departments reporting hate crime data to the FBI, but overall there is still a large number of departments that report no hate crimes to the federal database.

2017 Hate Crime Statistics Released

Last edited by a moderator:
Websleuths is victim friendly ... 39 posts have been removed which violate WS policy in that respect.

UNLESS/UNTIL law enforcement indicates they are not taking this case seriously, posts that are not victim friendly will be removed and posting privileges may be suspended either temporarily or permanently.

Also, leave politics out of this discussion. Warning points for introducing politics into a thread can remain permanently on a member's account.

Post accordingly.

Websleuths is victim friendly ... 39 posts have been removed which violate WS policy in that respect.

UNLESS/UNTIL law enforcement indicates they are not taking this case seriously, posts that are not victim friendly will be removed and posting privileges may be suspended either temporarily or permanently.

Also, leave politics out of this discussion. Warning points for introducing politics into a thread can remain permanently on a member's account.

Post accordingly.

Thank You!

If there are conflicting facts surrounding a story and you discuss them, does that make you non victim-friendly? Just curious.

what "conflicting facts"? CPD has said nothing other than he is a victim. Im pretty sure most other cases would get a modsnip if approached like this one has. Image if the first post in Jayme Closs thread was "anyone else not buying this?"

All MHO

what "conflicting facts"? CPD has said nothing other than he is a victim. Im pretty sure most other cases would get a modsnip if approached like this one has. Image if the first post in Jayme Closs thread was "anyone else not buying this?"

All MHO

- Conflicting time of the attack
- Conflicting location of the attack
- Conflicting description of the perpetrators - hats/no hats? MAGA statements or not?
- Conflicting reports of how/if the perps identified the victim as gay and/or an actor on a tv series
- Conflicting reports of the noose - was it a clothesline? A rope? Tied in a noose or not?
- Gaps in the timeline
To name a few.

- Conflicting time of the attack
- Conflicting location of the attack
- Conflicting description of the perpetrators - hats/no hats? MAGA statements or not?
- Conflicting reports of how/if the perps identified the victim as gay and/or an actor on a tv series
- Conflicting reports of the noose - was it a clothesline? A rope? Tied in a noose or not?
- Gaps in the timeline
To name a few.
Conflicted by who? CPD has said he is a victim. Just because you dont agree doesnt mean its not factual. LE has said he's a victim.

I have not seen you provide 1 link.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts...after-alleged-assault/?utm_term=.9a48d137c320
“He’s a victim right now, and we’ll treat him like a victim," Chicago police superintendent Eddie Johnson told Chicago’s ABC 7 in an interview Friday. “He’s been very cooperative and we have no reason, at this point, to think that he’s not being genuine with us.”

Conflicted by who? CPD has said he is a victim. Just because you dont agree doesnt mean its not factual. LE has said he's a victim.

I have not seen you provide 1 link.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts...after-alleged-assault/?utm_term=.9a48d137c320
“He’s a victim right now, and we’ll treat him like a victim," Chicago police superintendent Eddie Johnson told Chicago’s ABC 7 in an interview Friday. “He’s been very cooperative and we have no reason, at this point, to think that he’s not being genuine with us.”
I didn't say he's not a victim. I'm just saying the news reports have included conflicting statements. This case is very confusing.

I didn't say he's not a victim. I'm just saying the news reports have included conflicting statements. This case is very confusing.
What are you inferring in trying to create a narrative by passing opinions off without linking to facts? Can you back your claims up with links? All I saw was opinions of the city, of the weather, opinions on how you'd personally act.

There is a lot of, "why was he outside at 2am?, why wasnt he this... that"... Thats akin to saying a woman was raped because of how she was dressed. And thats victim blaming 101.

I am not saying you cant have an opinion. Maybe you wouldnt be out at 2am in the cold. But that doesnt mean he wasnt a victim. Maybe you cant relate to being homosexual and black in modern times, doesnt mean he wasnt attacked.

Fact is LE has said he is a victim

And what difference does it make if its a rope or clothesline around his neck?

IDK how this is not believable to some people, Heather Hayer was literally murdered by a Nazi not too long ago. What happened to Jussie is nowhere near out of the realm of possibility, if not actually likely

here a link that backs up LE saying he IS a victim.

What are you inferring in trying to create a narrative by passing opinions off without linking to facts? Can you back your claims up with links? All I saw was opinions of the city, of the weather, opinions on how you'd personally act.

There is a lot of, "why was he outside at 2am?, why wasnt he this... that"... Thats akin to saying a woman was raped because of how she was dressed. And thats victim blaming 101.

I am not saying you cant have an opinion. Maybe you wouldnt be out at 2am in the cold. But that doesnt mean he wasnt a victim. Maybe you cant relate to being homosexual and black in modern times, doesnt mean he wasnt attacked.

Fact is LE has said he is a victim

And what difference does it make if its a rope or clothesline around his neck?

IDK how this is not believable to some people, Heather Hayer was literally murdered by a Nazi not too long ago. What happened to Jussie is nowhere near out of the realm of possibility, if not actually likely

here a link that backs up LE saying he IS a victim.

I don't have an opinion of the city or the weather or how I'd personally act .... I was simply asking if it is against TOS to discuss discrepancies in news reports re this case. I'm gonna leave you here and bid you a good evening.

I don't have an opinion of the city or the weather or how I'd personally act .... I was simply asking if it is against TOS to discuss discrepancies in news reports re this case. I'm gonna leave you here and bid you a good evening.

Ok, well I'd like to see those "discrepancies" with links if possible.

Heres a link to LE saying they have no reason to not think he's being genuine.
I included the quote from CPD Superintendent Eddie Johnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member