Help for Submitting your DNA to GEDMATCH to help catch bad guys

morf13

Ver. Insider Golden State Killer & Zodiac Killer
Reaction score
As a supporter of law enforcement tapping the GEDMATCH DNA database to ID rapists & murderers, I decided to download my DNA profile data from Ancestry.com & upload to GEDMATCH. Thought it was going to be hard, it was easy and took all of 10 minutes! (Thanks to Paul Holes for walking me thru the process) For anybody here that would like to do the same follow these steps- 1) Download your Ancestry.com DNA profile data(23andMe may be similar) Downloading Ancestry’s Autosomal DNA Raw Data File 2) Upload the DNA data to GEDMATCH How To Upload Your Ancestry DNA Test Results To GEDmatch That's all there is to it. Let's hope this database keeps catching bad guys!

Might help with the UID too. We have a 72 case, but no hits on her DNA. But I would bet she has relatives in one of these DNA databases.
Definitely would help. It has with the Lyle Stevic case & Joseph Newton Chandler case

I haven't posted on Websleuths in a long time, but I saw something on Facebook today that made me think of this forum. I'm sure GEDMATCH has been discussed on Websleuths too. But I thought this was interesting. I thought it was kinda cool that they were using geographical locations of DNA matches.

I have no intention of trying to solve these cases, but I think it is cool that law enforcement is looking at geographical locations, so I thought I would share this info.

Also people posting in the Facebook thread didn't agree with the part of the post that was encouraging a bunch of people from Tennessee and South Louisiana to post to GEDMATCH. (Mainly because it is just kinda crazy) But I do think the DNA can lead to law enforcement featuring segments in local media to try an identify the young women.

"The bodies of these two women were found in League City, TX. The woman on the left was found in 1986 and has roots in Tennessee. The woman on the right was found in 1991 and her roots are in the Acadiana region of south Louisiana. If people from these regions upload to GEDMATCH, it may lead to closer DNA matches to aid in the investigation. If you have any credible information, please contact the Criminal Investigations division of the League City police department. You can view a segment about these cases on Dr. Oz, featuring DNA Detective, CeCe Moore."
51337449-2587990104549675-2564130934961995776-n.jpg

Attachments

• 51337449_2587990104549675_2564130934961995776_n.jpg
    51337449_2587990104549675_2564130934961995776_n.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 7
I've done quite a bit of "genetic genealogy" for people looking for their biological history using all the DNA testing companies as well as GEDmatch. I hope it helps these (and other) cases get solved. It's amazing to unfold answers that without the science would never be found. Thank you for posting!

As I say I am a foreigner but believe I am closer in DNA terms to Ralph Leon Jackson than most of the posters on this site. I would like to make the point under the terms of free speech that I believe Paul Holes has accused an innocent man Joseph DeAngelo of terrible crimes in the Golden State Killer case and that the methods he used to do this are not very scientific and he likely never had a pure sample of the Golden State Killer's DNA in the first place as he did not have official permission from the FBI. As of today in my opinion the FBI have not corrected this mistake. All I ask is all DNA genealogy cases be considered in light of this. Some may be right some may be wrong but the fact in my opinion Paul Holes made a mistake a case in the case that started it all the Golden State Killer case should be made public so innocent people do not suffer.

As I say I am a foreigner but believe I am closer in DNA terms to Ralph Leon Jackson than most of the posters on this site. I would like to make the point under the terms of free speech that I believe Paul Holes has accused an innocent man Joseph DeAngelo of terrible crimes in the Golden State Killer case and that the methods he used to do this are not very scientific and he likely never had a pure sample of the Golden State Killer's DNA in the first place as he did not have official permission from the FBI. As of today in my opinion the FBI have not corrected this mistake. All I ask is all DNA genealogy cases be considered in light of this. Some may be right some may be wrong but the fact in my opinion Paul Holes made a mistake a case in the case that started it all the Golden State Killer case should be made public so innocent people do not suffer.

Just want to make the point no one wants killers caught more than me. I also believe the FBI Agents involved in the EAR/ONS case are good people that care about the victims. As I say apart from her relatives no one more than myself wanted the killer of April Tinsley caught for example I just want to make sure it is the right person and by making public the fact Paul Holes in my opinion accused an innocent man in the Golden State Killer case will help this.

Just want to make the point no one wants killers caught more than me. I also believe the FBI Agents involved in the EAR/ONS case are good people that care about the victims. As I say apart from her relatives no one more than myself wanted the killer of April Tinsley caught for example I just want to make sure it is the right person and by making public the fact Paul Holes in my opinion accused an innocent man in the Golden State Killer case will help this.

Also just want to make the point with the FBI'S consent I spent time defending the Golden State Killer victim Janelle Cruz against vile racial abuse from the Troll Den long before the case was fashionable.

Accused an innocent man? What do you mean? You are mistaken. There was plenty of semen left at plenty of EAR/GSK crime scenes. Samples were taken and preserved and a DNA profile was generated. They obtained DeAngelo's DNA and it matches 100% GSK/EAR. This is a slam dunk!

Accused an innocent man? What do you mean? You are mistaken. There was plenty of semen left at plenty of EAR/GSK crime scenes. Samples were taken and preserved and a DNA profile was generated. They obtained DeAngelo's DNA and it matches 100% GSK/EAR. This is a slam dunk!

Thanks with the greatest respect it appears to me if you look closely there is only one supposed DNA hit on one crime scene where DNA was obtained later. Why have to obtain this and why were the FBI not involved with all the crime scenes when they have all the hits. There was never any talk of an Italian Golden State Killer. He is the wrong age, the wrong height, has part of his finger missing and looks nothing like the composite sketches. If you listen closely to the Is Ray There call it sounds like a Virginian accent. With the greatest of respect you are an amateur sleuth and not privy to the DNA information which only some FBI people know. All I am trying to do is to try and save what I consider to be an innocent mans life. Thanks.

Thanks with the greatest respect it appears to me if you look closely there is only one supposed DNA hit on one crime scene where DNA was obtained later. Why have to obtain this and why were the FBI not involved with all the crime scenes when they have all the hits. There was never any talk of an Italian Golden State Killer. He is the wrong age, the wrong height, has part of his finger missing and looks nothing like the composite sketches. If you listen closely to the Is Ray There call it sounds like a Virginian accent. With the greatest of respect you are an amateur sleuth and not privy to the DNA information which only some FBI people know. All I am trying to do is to try and save what I consider to be an innocent mans life. Thanks.

Just to add I would like the processes used to identify him checked out. Just for me to see how scientific they were.

Just to add I would like the processes used to identify him checked out. Just for me to see how scientific they were.

I want killers caught by to me he is not the Golden State Killer so deserves a fair trial and the FBI to divulge all the relevant information to his defence lawyers. This is my opinion but I do not think Paul Holes standing by a giant photo of him is allowing him a fair trial in the public eye. As I say I want killers caught and justice for the victims too. Thanks for your input and good work with the victims and their relatives.

All of that stuff you just mentioned, means NOTHING. His DNA like a finger print belongs to him, and ONLY to him, no one else on this planet but HIM

All of that stuff you just mentioned, means NOTHING. His DNA like a finger print belongs to him, and ONLY to him, no one else on this planet but HIM

Thanks for the reply it does mean something if like me you believe there is no legitimate DNA hit because the processes used were flawed. I have seen a thread by yourself about a case where DNA genealogy lead to a misidentification for a while. What I am saying is in my opinion the DNA hit is flawed and hence the fact he is nothing like the man we were all looking for is relevant. Cheers.

Thanks for the reply it does mean something if like me you believe there is no legitimate DNA hit because the processes used were flawed. I have seen a thread by yourself about a case where DNA genealogy lead to a misidentification for a while. What I am saying is in my opinion the DNA hit is flawed and hence the fact he is nothing like the man we were all looking for is relevant. Cheers.

One final point from me on this thread for hopefully a while. One lone voice like me trying to save what I consider to be an innocent mans life should be tolerated as the odds are stacked against him. As of today no confirmation of the fact there has been a mistake by the FBI. All odds against him people assuming guilt when in my opinion there is no legitimate DNA hit. An elderly man in a wheelchair his health deteriorating each time you see him and all in my opinion for the crimes of a dead man Ralph Jackson. The only person you would wish that on is EAR/ONS.

As a supporter of law enforcement tapping the GEDMATCH DNA database to ID rapists & murderers, I decided to download my DNA profile data from Ancestry.com & upload to GEDMATCH. Thought it was going to be hard, it was easy and took all of 10 minutes! (Thanks to Paul Holes for walking me thru the process) For anybody here that would like to do the same follow these steps- 1) Download your Ancestry.com DNA profile data(23andMe may be similar) Downloading Ancestry’s Autosomal DNA Raw Data File 2) Upload the DNA data to GEDMATCH How To Upload Your Ancestry DNA Test Results To GEDmatch That's all there is to it. Let's hope this database keeps catching bad guys!
Also upload your tree to GEDmatch so that researchers can compare yours to other cousins and find the common ancestors.

Also upload your tree to GEDmatch so that researchers can compare yours to other cousins and find the common ancestors.

I hope when the FBI start to use these techniques they have high ethical standards. Other people equal but no one outside of the victims and their family members have fought harder than me for justice for EAR/ONS aka Ralph Leon Jackson in my opinion victims. I also hope killers are found. But in my view you better not be an innocent Joseph DeAngelo and his family after what they have been through.

Last edited:
I hope when the FBI start to use these techniques they have high ethical standards. Other people equal but no one outside of the victims and their family members have fought harder than me for justice for EAR/ONS aka Ralph Leon Jackson in my opinion victims. I also hope killers are found. But in my view you better not be an innocent Joseph DeAngelo and his family after what they have been through.

Believe it or not I do trust the FBI Agents working the case to have greater ethical standards as they have certainly held onto to EAR/ONS identity long enough never wavering but as an organisation they need to get to grips soon.

Also upload your tree to GEDmatch so that researchers can compare yours to other cousins and find the common ancestors.[/QUO

TE]

Just want to make the point we all want to see killers like that of April Tinsley caught. But it has to be the right offender. I have to say I am a foreigner but I believe my DNA is closer to EAR/ONS than by no means all but most of Americans. I believe Joseph DeAngelo is innocent so I personally would not want Paul Holes or Anne-Marie Schubert having anything to do with my DNA or anyone I loved. Just my thoughts under your first amendment. Thanks.

Also just want to make the point with the FBI'S consent I spent time defending the Golden State Killer victim Janelle Cruz against vile racial abuse from the Troll Den long before the case was fashionable.

Just want to make the point again whatever people think of me in the Golden State Killer case I stuck up and defended the poet Janelle long before it was fashionable with the help of the FBI some of who may be Hispanic Americans if that means anything.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back