CA CA - Lauralyn Palmer, 71, missing while walking her dog, Shasta County, 20 Apr 2018

I think the love is still there, I just don't understand the attitude of "well, that's it" because it doesn't have to be it. Maybe it is just feeling like there is nothing left to do now for the people who could and in my opinion, should be doing more. As with any tragedy, it can fracture a family. I am not close with my cousins anymore and I can't imagine what it is like to be them right now. I only know what it is like to be me and what it is like for my mom and my other aunt. Again thank you for the support.

I think the love is still there, I just don't understand the attitude of "well, that's it" because it doesn't have to be it. Maybe it is just feeling like there is nothing left to do now for the people who could and in my opinion, should be doing more. As with any tragedy, it can fracture a family. I am not close with my cousins anymore and I can't imagine what it is like to be them right now. I only know what it is like to be me and what it is like for my mom and my other aunt. Again thank you for the support.
A thing like this sure can fracture a family! I've seen a number of those kinds of instances right here on WS. I wish your mom and you had more support. Not knowing what happened would drive me nuts, but I realize not everyone is built that way. I believe most of us here on WS ARE built that way, and it's a reason we're here.

I am not very familiar with that case but a quick google search sort of gave me an idea. We do not suspect her husband (my uncle). Also he was already investigated and was cleared of any suspicion.
Thank you- I am glad to hear this. I still think of your aunt a lot. I wish there was some way we could help you search, but many of us live too far away to help. It would haunt me to have a loved one missing like that, as it is obviously haunting you and your Mom. Sending you both more thoughts and prayers.

Thank you- I am glad to hear this. I still think of your aunt a lot. I wish there was some way we could help you search, but many of us live too far away to help. It would haunt me to have a loved one missing like that, as it is obviously haunting you and your Mom. Sending you both more thoughts and prayers.
Thank you for your thoughts. My mom just informed me that Secret Witness of Shasta County had my aunt and some other currently open cases on the news tonight. It is good they talked about her again. I also feel for the other families of the people who were featured in that segment too. May we all get some kind of closure.

Last edited:
Thank you for your thoughts. My mom just informed me that Secret Witness of Shasta County had my aunt and some other currently open cases on the news tonight. It is good they talked about her again. I also feel for the other families of the people who were featured in that segment too. May we all get some kind of closure.
Have you tried contacting Tim Miller of Equusearch or David Marshburn and his assistant Marsha Ward? Just trying to think of where you and your Mom could get some help, and both Tim and Dave have great track records.

Wouldn't that be wonderful? Hopefully, LE will get some fresh tips re: your aunt's and other cases. Is Secret Witness a local TV program or news segment in Shasta Co.?
Secret Witness is like an anonymous tip line. If there is a reward involved, sometimes people are awarded money for information submitted. It is often featured on local news programs.
Have you tried contacting Tim Miller of Equusearch or David Marshburn and his assistant Marsha Ward? Just trying to think of where you and your Mom could get some help, and both Tim and Dave have great track records.
I have never heard of these people but I can pass that info along, although at this point I am not sure how much good it will do. I remember my mom passing along the info about the CUE Network to my cousins but I am not sure they ever looked into that.

Secret Witness is like an anonymous tip line. If there is a reward involved, sometimes people are awarded money for information submitted. It is often featured on local news programs.

I have never heard of these people but I can pass that info along, although at this point I am not sure how much good it will do. I remember my mom passing along the info about the CUE Network to my cousins but I am not sure they ever looked into that.
Thanks, Hanyuu, and I hope info passed along might see some good develop for your family.

Laurlyn Palmer
  • palmer_lauralyn.jpg
  • palmer_lauralyn2.jpg
  • palmer_lauralyn3.jpg
Palmer, circa 2018

• Missing Since04/20/2018
  • Missing FromFall River Mills, California
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth04/09/1947 (72)
  • Age71 years old
  • Height and Weight5'2, 138 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA t-shirt, blue jeans, sneakers and earrings.
  • Medical ConditionsAccording to loved ones, Palmer was exhibiting early signs of dementia at the time of her disappearance.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Palmer's ears are pierced, she has an appendectomy scar on her abdomen and she may wear eyeglasses. Her nickname is Lyn,, and she may names Lauralyn Crotwell, Layralyn Crotwell and/or Lauralyn Story. Her hair was shoulder-length at the time of her disappearance.
Details of Disappearance
Palmer was last seen in Fall River Mills, California at 4:30 p.m. on April 20, 2018. She took an unleashed dog for a walk in the woods southeast of her home, which was in the 23000 block of Cassel Fall River Road. She has never been heard from again. Her husband reported her missing two hours later.

The dog is described as a gray, black and white female Australian Cattle Dog named Lucy. It returned, uninjured and in good health but alone, four days after Palmer's disappearance. It wasn't her dog, but belonged to someone who lived twenty miles from her home.

A month after Palmer's disappearance, investigators stated she was missing under suspicious circumstances. Her case remains unsolved.
Investigating Agency
  • Shasta County Sheriff's Department 530-245-6025
Source Information

I had not heard of Lauralyn before today. Keeping her sweet smile in my thoughts. I hope answers come someday soon.
Thanks for that. :) It has been over a year now. The family had a "celebration of life" on her birthday this past April. The impression I get from my cousins, I think they just don't know what to do anymore, but it seems they won't really reach out to anyone either for help, as my mom, myself, and my other aunt would all be willing to help them shoulder this if they just asked or indicated that it would be welcome (emails with suggestions or links to places that could help have gone unanswered by them). At this point I am not sure how much good it would do anyway. The only real news I have regarding her case is that the FBI was in contact with my cousin recently and wanted to get in touch with the detective working on her case. I have not heard anything since then and that was a few days ago. As always, if I do hear anything, I will of course be back to post the news with all of you too (there really hasn't been any and that is why I do not post). I really ought to get verified, but when I began posting here I did not know that was a thing until recently. Thank you again for your support!

Thanks for that. :) It has been over a year now. The family had a "celebration of life" on her birthday this past April. The impression I get from my cousins, I think they just don't know what to do anymore, but it seems they won't really reach out to anyone either for help, as my mom, myself, and my other aunt would all be willing to help them shoulder this if they just asked or indicated that it would be welcome (emails with suggestions or links to places that could help have gone unanswered by them). At this point I am not sure how much good it would do anyway. The only real news I have regarding her case is that the FBI was in contact with my cousin recently and wanted to get in touch with the detective working on her case. I have not heard anything since then and that was a few days ago. As always, if I do hear anything, I will of course be back to post the news with all of you too (there really hasn't been any and that is why I do not post). I really ought to get verified, but when I began posting here I did not know that was a thing until recently. Thank you again for your support!

Wow, I'm so glad (not quite the word) that the FBI has made contact. Glad because this case is not forgotten by authorities, and glad because maybe answers are coming. Really hoping that any news you get allows you and your family some peace.

I need to amend this post as I have gotten further clarification from my mother. It was my cousin who got in touch with the FBI, not the other way around. They told him that they couldn't help him but directed him to a local field office, where they might be of more assistance. Not sure if it will help any but maybe they can point him in the direction of other organizations that could be of help.

I need to amend this post as I have gotten further clarification from my mother. It was my cousin who got in touch with the FBI, not the other way around. They told him that they couldn't help him but directed him to a local field office, where they might be of more assistance. Not sure if it will help any but maybe they can point him in the direction of other organizations that could be of help.
I see. Well, I hope some good resources come out of this contact. I can't imagine how painful this is. Best to you and your family.

Hi,
I saw you mention your aunts case on another thread the other day so haven't been following from the beginning,I apologise if I'm repeating something that's already been discussed, just wondered:
Did lucy the dog return to your aunts house? If so did they look after the dog often enough for her to find her way back there?
It sounds like your cousins are now ready to start reaching out for help if he contacted FBI, hopefully you will all get answers of some kind .I can only imagine how overwhelming it must be to have someone close to you just dissapear like that. I agree with your earlier post it does seem that lucy is somehow the key! Good luck I will keep checking in :)

Hi,
I saw you mention your aunts case on another thread the other day so haven't been following from the beginning,I apologise if I'm repeating something that's already been discussed, just wondered:
Did lucy the dog return to your aunts house? If so did they look after the dog often enough for her to find her way back there?
It sounds like your cousins are now ready to start reaching out for help if he contacted FBI, hopefully you will all get answers of some kind .I can only imagine how overwhelming it must be to have someone close to you just dissapear like that. I agree with your earlier post it does seem that lucy is somehow the key! Good luck I will keep checking in :)
Lucy returned home a few days later. I want to say maybe 4 days ? It could have been three though. She was in good condition and she was tested to see if they could find where she had been but nothing came of that. Thanks for your well wishes, as always if I get any news I will keep everyone informed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back