Found Deceased UK - Daniel Williams, 19, University of Reading, Whiteknights campus bar, Reading, 31 Jan 2019

cybervampira

Reaction score
Thames Valley Police

** MISSING PERSON **

Officers from Thames Valley Police and volunteers, including the Berkshire Lowland Search & Rescue, are continuing the search for Daniel Williams, aged 19, who is missing from Reading.

He was last seen at around 12am on Thursday in a student union bar on Whiteknights campus at the University of Reading.

Daniel is white, 6ft tall with a slim build and short light brown hair and blue eyes.

He was last seen wearing black or blue jeans, a black hooded top and black shoes, He was wearing a black t-shirt underneath with a distinctive white motif on the front.

Superintendent Jim Weems said: “We are continuing to appeal for anyone with information about Daniel’s whereabouts to contact police urgently, as we are extremely concerned for his welfare.

“Our officers and volunteers have worked tirelessly searching for Daniel, and will continue to do so.

“I would ask that the privacy of Daniel’s family is respected at this time and that there should be no speculation as to the reasons for Daniel’s disappearance.”

If you have any information about Daniel’s whereabouts, please call the 24-hour Thames Valley Police enquiry centre 101, quoting reference URN 1307 (31/1).

3E839DA3-54CA-4693-A035-B7723A220A7C.jpeg upload_2019-2-2_12-31-20.jpeg

Officers step up urgent search to find missing university student

I wonder which bar? If he was at Mojo's, it is right near the lake.

Is Mojo's a student bar? I don't know the area, just read this update :

Search and rescue teams are trying to find a missing university student.

Daniel Williams, 19, was last seen in a student union bar at the University of Reading's Whiteknights campus in the early hours of Thursday.

He was reported missing after he failed to return to his student accommodation.

It looks like there's a lake on campus and a bar (no. 29 on the map) pretty close to it.

View attachment 167152

http://www.reading.ac.uk/web/files/maps/whiteknights-campus-map.pdf

Is Mojo's a student bar? I don't know the area, just read this update :

Search and rescue teams are trying to find a missing university student.

Daniel Williams, 19, was last seen in a student union bar at the University of Reading's Whiteknights campus in the early hours of Thursday.

He was reported missing after he failed to return to his student accommodation.

Yeah Mojo's is no 29 above and in the student union center. What looks like a river there is just the skinny end of the lake. I wonder if it had much ice?

Mojo's Bar
RLb5DEa.jpg

Yeah Mojo's is no 29 above and in the student union center. What looks like a river there is just the skinny end of the lake. I wonder if it had much ice?

Mojo's Bar
RLb5DEa.jpg

Yes, a lake right at the edge of the campus, with access from outside. I don't believe it's frozen over, at least not all over and it wouldn't be thick enough to stop someone falling in even in the worst winters IMO.

0086EC65-F18B-4F79-A97D-713D42BCF189.jpeg

Daniel Williams, 19, was last seen at around midnight in a student union bar on Whiteknights campus at the University of Reading.

The second-year Computer Science student was reported missing after he failed to return to his student accommodation.

Investigating officer Sergeant Bradley Pitt said: 'We are appealing for anyone with information about Daniel's whereabouts to get in contact with police as we are extremely concerned for his welfare.

'It is out of character for Daniel to be missing so please report any possible sightings of him to officers as soon as possible.'

Search continues for missing University of Reading computer science student | Daily Mail Online

Not much info to go on re where he lived or where he might have been going. If he was at the student union bar and was headed east towards his home that would take him directly over or past the lake. And if he was drunk he could have gone that way if disoriented or lost. I'm quite surprised a second year student would be living and drinking on campus but there you go. It looks like misadventure/accidental and that the likely outcome will not be good. Sad to have this at the same time as Libby Squire's disappearance.

Police have urged missing university student who vanished on a night out to contact his family as hunt enters its fourth day.

Daniel Williams, 19, was last seen at around midnight on Wednesday in a student union bar on Whiteknights campus at the University of Reading.

The second-year computer science student was reported missing after he failed to return to his student accommodation.

Searchers urge missing university student to contact his family | Daily Mail Online

Yes, a lake right at the edge of the campus, with access from outside. I don't believe it's frozen over, at least not all over and it wouldn't be thick enough to stop someone falling in even in the worst winters IMO.

Long time lurker, but had to post since this is so close to home.

The lake was iced over on Thursday, apart from a small patch under Friends Bridge. The ice would not have held a persons weight (the ducks were having a good skate though :)).

The lake was my first worry when I heard the news, I do hope this young man is found safe and well.

Long time lurker, but had to post since this is so close to home.

The lake was iced over on Thursday, apart from a small patch under Friends Bridge. The ice would not have held a persons weight (the ducks were having a good skate though :)).

The lake was my first worry when I heard the news, I do hope this young man is found safe and well.

This happened recently in Michigan. Similar story.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ml...before-falling-into-water.html?outputType=amp

Thames Valley Police

Statement from Silver commander for Thames Valley Police, Superintendent Jim Weems regarding missing person Daniel Williams.

"Thames Valley Police is continuing to search for Daniel Williams, who has been missing from Reading since the early hours of Thursday morning (31/1).

Daniel was last seen just after midnight on Thursday morning, leaving the student union bar on the Whiteknights campus of the University of Reading.

His disappearance is completely out of character, and we are extremely concerned for his welfare.

Volunteers from the Berkshire Lowland Search & Rescue team have been supporting officers from response teams and neighbourhood teams from Thames Valley Police, along with the National Police Air Service (NPAS) in the search.

Leaflet drops have been arranged by Daniel’s family, and it remains our top priority to locate Daniel.

We remain open-minded as to the circumstances behind Daniel’s disappearance, but naturally, as the search enters its fourth day, our concern for him is growing.

I would like to appeal to Daniel directly, if he sees this, please make contact with Thames Valley Police or your family.

You are not in any trouble, but we want to ensure you are safe and well.

I would re-iterate our appeal that if anybody believes that they have seen Daniel, or knows of his whereabouts, please contact 101, quoting URN 1307 (31/1).

Daniel’s family are from Sutton, London, and are being supported by specially trained officers.

I would again urge people not to speculate as to the circumstances being Daniel’s disappearance.

We will continue to maximise all available resources into our search for Daniel, and would re-iterate that any sightings or information relating to his disappearance should be reported to Thames Valley Police."

More here ➡️ Statement from Silver commander for Thames Valley Police, Superintendent Jim Weems regarding missing person Daniel Williams

Local radio report this morning stated that Daniel was last seen in leaving 3sixty (the student union nightclub) between 1am and 2am on Thursday 31st January. Thames Valley police have an image of Daniel in the clothing he was wearing that night (Appeal to trace missing man – Reading).

The radio report stated that the Whiteknights campus had been searched over the weekend and main search efforts were being moved to the surrounding areas.

Campus is covered in missing posters and everyone is extremely concerned.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back