CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #34 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has struck me from the beginning of this case is how cold, unemotional and controlled PF has been from the get go.

Lawyered up asap, didn't speak to the press, has remained icily silent other than instructing his attorney to seek dismissal of the wrongful death suit filed by KB's parents.

In a way his silence scares me more than Chris Watts' crying and squawking like a canary.

Is PF the epitome of a psychopath? From what I can gather he is so arrogant and seems sure that LE won't find KB's remains.

It appears to me he planned it out methodically, although allegedly trying to enlist accomplices to carry out the dirty deed was a mistake he possibly regrets.

I cannot fathom his thinking, and I don't want to even try because whatever lurks in his mind is terrifying.

MOO.
I’ve had the same thoughts. Actually it has made me wonder if he has possibly committed other crimes in the past and not been caught. MOO

I hope he will admit to where KB's remains are, for her loved one's sake. But from what I can determine, its all about control for PF. Sadistic, controlling people get satisfaction from the suffering of others. Plus he probably knows that although CO is a DP state, they haven't carried it out in years so he'll sit on death row for the remainder of his days, possibly getting fan mail from women who pretend to "love and understand" him.
MOO.
I don’t think he will; because of the reasons you stated, and the fact that he has no incentive to do so.

I think he will forever deny killing her, and will claim that he doesn’t know where she is, because he had nothing to do with it.

I don't think she'll talk. She's one of those insipid "stand by your man" types who is always a doormat. Look, she carried a torch for this man and did his bidding after he had a relationship with KB and had a child with her. The allure of KKL for PF is that she's a doormat and she's weak, and she inherently knows this. She's not afraid of him, she's too stupid to be afraid of him because he's convinced her she's special and different, you know the same thing he tells every woman. KKL would need some feeling of self worth, a backbone and street smarts to squeal, and her actions tell us she's severely lacking in all those areas.

But the fact that she is weak and once LE experts interrogate her I think she'll break.

I don't think anyone would spend LWOP for a guy who threw her under the bus, and LE will be far better at turning her into a witness for a lesser charge than PF's control over her.

I think she'll crack. Prison is hell on earth, even for the toughest.

MOO

I am a CO native, living in CO currently and if a friend or neighbor who was a transplant asked me about peculiarities about the state, in general, or in comparison to the other states I've lived in at one point, I wouldn't mention anything significant about the legal system, or criminal actions, etc. I'd mention expensive license plates, road construction issues, and a few minor quirks/stereotypes about certain cities or neighborhoods.

What are you thinking they should/could/would have asked?
My opinion of Colorado laws is well known. In spite of my opinion, I fully recognize that those laws apply to everyone the same, and are well known by ressidents. IMO

I’ve had the same thoughts. Actually it has made me wonder if he has possibly committed other crimes in the past and not been caught. MOO
Its usually big, fat lies that trip killers up.

Like Jodi Arias and her "ninjas did it" fairy tale.

In PF's case he's said nothing, just denied anything to do with KB's disappearance and lawyered up.

He didn't take a lie detector test.

He's cunning and sneaky enough to know that lying liars who lie get confused and trip over their lies.

And edited to add, that I think you're correct.

moo

Last edited:
I'm looking for some clarification here. Did I read that KB and PF were heading to custody trial right after Thanksgiving or did I dream that. If not a dream where is it stated? Court date was set before 11-22-2018

I'm looking for some clarification here. Did I read that KB and PF were heading to custody trial right after Thanksgiving or did I dream that. If not a dream where is it stated?
Some in the media, incorrectly interpreted the scheduling of that custody hearing.

It was scheduled after the murder, and not before.

That would have been a huge deal, as it would have provided the (elusive) motive here.

The difficult part ahead is having the Berreth's live through all the details. I am sure they have some details but we do need to pray for their strength through the months ahead.

Yes. And the prospect of raising a young toddler. I am sure that they love baby K. and grieve for their daughter. But it is sure hard to change your life from empty nest to new toddler nest. At my age, small children are wonderful, for a few hours, then back to their Mama! It would really be an adjustment.

Yes. And the prospect of raising a young toddler. I am sure that they love baby K. and grieve for their daughter. But it is sure hard to change your life from empty nest to new toddler nest. At my age, small children are wonderful, for a few hours, then back to their Mama! It would really be an adjustment.
Caring for a toddler will be an adjustment, but I hope it will bring tremendous solace and comfort to KB's parents, knowing that their daughter lives on through their grandchild.

It will likely give them strength being able to love and nurture their grandchild, even though their daughter has been taken from them in the worst possible way.

moo

This needs to be a DP case.
The DA doesn't need PF's confession, because PF is so **** stupid. It is a virtual certainty that he will have left such a direct trail of evidence, it will be the equivalent of him having tattooed "I DID IT!" smack dab in the middle of his big, fat Herman Munster forehead.

This needs to be a DP case.
IMO, it doesn't matter that a grand total of 3 people are currently sitting on death row in CO or that they haven't executed anybody there in the last 350 years or however long it's been.

PF is both extremely stupid, and a narcissist. Winning combo!
The only person on the planet PF cares about is PF.
So, the only incentive for him to talk would be for the sake of saving his own precious hide.

Is waterboarding legal in Colorado?
Asking for a friend.

JMO.

No, no I don’t. I was just pondering some recent posts, yesterday. Iirc, I was thinking about CO concealing arrests, trying to find the post explaining it. I certainly don’t think she needs “protection”, I think she’s capable of handling herself.
Maybe she got some type of deferred judgement, we would need to ask Rio or Mercedes.
Maybe she’s not guilty, maybe it’s all a big mix up. Idk.
Maybe her friend lied to the R’s.

We deal with deferred judgment in potential drug cases or juvenile cases. I have never seen it in a homicide. But I'm also in CA, I don't know how things work out there in CO.

Some in the media, incorrectly interpreted the scheduling of that custody hearing.

It was scheduled after the murder, and not before.

That would have been a huge deal, as it would have provided the (elusive) motive here.
I found it! Kelsey Berreth and Patrick Frazee were supposed to be in court for a custody hearing This leads me to believe she knew about KKL possibly wanted to move closer to her family. Maybe she knew more about PF than he wanted her to know??

I cannot imagine on any level as a human being traveling with a deceased (murdered) person's cell phone. I do not understand why this bothers me so profoundly but it does. Driving that far gives you a long time to think about your actions, right? There is just something wrong about this on a psychological level.

Absolutely. There is no way she is innocent! The only way she would be was in the off the rocker chance that she really did not know the phone was tossed in her bags, and then she turned it on, and oh look! the pre-scheduled, pre-typed texts just sent off, and she didn't do anything further with the phone and just let it sit til the FBI showed up.

Ummmm...no.

It crossed my mind this morning how difficult it must be to shield the toddler from seeing the two people she most loved plastered on the tv, magazines at the grocery and in the media One day they will have to explain it all. I have custody of my oldest grand from some bad circumstances that happened to her at 8 mos old, I'm soon to be 64, she is 11 now. It's truly a challenge. Praying for the Berreth's
Yes. And the prospect of raising a young toddler. I am sure that they love baby K. and grieve for their daughter. But it is sure hard to change your life from empty nest to new toddler nest. At my age, small children are wonderful, for a few hours, then back to their Mama! It would really be an adjustment.[/QUot

Lindaromas' great summary shows that the DA said the sealing was only for about thirty days, and was motioned by the prosecution at the request of the WP Police. In the video link Lindaromas provided, the DA explains that the WP Police Is a very small unit, and needs extra time to complete it's investigation.
Forty-two days of that thirty day period have passed. The only thing that I see which has changed at the WPPD website is that Commander Chris Adams is no longer in command of the one man Investigative Division. He doesn't appear to be in charge of anything at this time.
I had assumed that the rescheduling of the next hearing was due to a routine scheduled change in judges, but now I'm not sure of that, either. Could it be that the entire world is waiting for newly appointed Commander Halloran and Detective McDaniel to settle in and get up to speed?
Investigations | Woodland Park - City Above the Clouds

The defense asked for that continuance.

Wondering why the video wasn't removed then?
Yeah, this reporting was ultimately determined to be untrue.

Reporter Sam Kraemer had Tweeted about it, and later retracted the idea that this hearing had been previously scheduled.

Yes, because the sealed documents were revealed to PF and his defense. They needed extra time to prepare and decide if he would enter a plea in February.

Yes, because the sealed documents were revealed to PF and his defense. They needed extra time to prepare and decide if he would enter a plea in February. I'm wondering what the time limit is to file a plea. He doesn't have to plea on Feb 19.

Wondering why the video wasn't removed then?
Probably just an oversight.

This would be a game changer if it was true, and it would have been repeatedly discussed by the media.

After those initial reports, they pulled back on that idea, and haven’t mentioned it since.

We would have a rock solid motive if there was a custody hearing scheduled prior to her killing.

We’ve got nothing but speculation right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44