ACTIVE SEARCH SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybervampira

Reaction score
Pennington County Fire Service

Public asked for help finding missing child

Pennington County, SD – Law enforcement agencies are now looking for a missing nine year old girl last seen at 11:20 am, Sunday, February 3, 2019, leaving the Children’s Home Society on South Rockerville Road. The Sheriff’s Office is concerned for her safety especially considering the winter weather conditions and her lack of warm clothing.

Serenity Dennard is described as a Caucasian female, 4’7”, 90 pounds, with blue eyes and shoulder length dirty blonde hair. She was last seen wearing only a long sleeved grey shirt with flowers, blue jeans and snow boots. (Picture attached) She is from Sturgis and may be trying to get to family.

Pennington County Deputies, Pennington County Search and Rescue, Custer County Search and Rescue, Rockerville Volunteer Fire Department, Rapid City Fire Department and at least three dogs are searching the area around Highway 16 and Rockerville. If anyone has seen or had contact with this little girl, please contact the Pennington County Sheriff’s Office at (605) 394-6115.

##

upload_2019-2-4_1-48-21.png

Pennington County Sheriff's Office

Authorities In Pennington County Searching For Missing 9-Year-Old Girl

Pennington County Search and Rescue searching for missing child in Rockerville - KNBN NewsCenter1

ROCKERVILLE S.D. – Multiple emergency agencies are in Rockerville looking for a missing minor.

_____

4:55 p.m. – According to a press release from the Pennington County Sheriff’s Office, 9-year-old Serenity Dennard left the Children’s Home Society on South Rockerville Road. The Sheriff’s Office is concerned for her safety especially considering the winter weather conditions and her lack of warm clothing.

Serenity Dennard is described as a Caucasian female, 4’7”, 90 pounds, with blue eyes and shoulder length dirty blonde hair. She was last seen wearing only a long sleeved grey shirt with flowers, blue jeans and snow boots. She is from Sturgis and may be trying to get to family.

Pennington County Deputies, Pennington County Search and Rescue, Custer County Search and Rescue, Rockerville Volunteer Fire Department, Rapid City Fire Department and at least three dogs are searching the area around Highway 16 and Rockerville.

[...]

Last edited:
Special Report on search for missing child in Rockerville - KNBN NewsCenter1

[...]

Last seen wearing a light grey t-shirt with flowers, dark stonewashed jeans, black snow boots with no coat or gloves.

Authorities believe that Serenity is trying to reach family in the Sturgis area.

Custer County Search and Rescue has also been called in. Ground crews, search crews, ATVs, and UTSs are searching for the girl.

Hurry and get some where safe, Serenity. If it's bad enough to run away, run to a police or fire department, hospital, large grocery store, or similar public place.

Dear God, bless this child and wrap her in Your protective arms to keep her safe from harm. She needs Your help and guidance. In Your son's precious name, Amen.

Thanks for starting this thread cybervampira. I used to live close to there. The weather has been horrible today. It’s rained gone to sleet then snow and it’s icing over. This treatment center is in Rockerville which you go through on the way to Mt. Rushmore. It is out in the middle of nowhere.

Would a nine year old understand how isolated this place is or could she have thought, given the weather/temps, that she could make it safely to wherever it is she is trying to go?

Could someone have parked nearby to give her a ride after her escape?

Did any child who befriended Serenity at the Children's Home get released recently? Were they close with Serenity to the point that maybe they made a plan before the other child left?

Just throwing thoughts out there.

In Rockerville it is 4 degrees with a windchill of -13 degrees Fahrenheit. And getting colder. Hopefully she is found soon. I fear the worst with the weather

Omg...this is no time or place for a child to be running away. Can't they go up with choppers using heat seeking technology? But hurry!!

Moo I would think she would have realized how isolated this place is on the way there if she had been paying attention. Yesterday it was 60 degrees Fahrenheit. But the weather rapidly changes there. Somebody could have parked and she met them. It would have taken about an hour by car in good road conditions to get to Sturgis where family is.

With current weather conditions I don’t think that they could get a chopper up. The one news report above from Pennington co sheriff did say there were 3 dog teams out. Due to weather they are asking for professionals only being out searching so more people aren’t put in harms way

Would a nine year old understand how isolated this place is or could she have thought, given the weather/temps, that she could make it safely to wherever it is she is trying to go?

Could someone have parked nearby to give her a ride after her escape?

Did any child who befriended Serenity at the Children's Home get released recently? Were they close with Serenity to the point that maybe they made a plan before the other child left?

Just throwing thoughts out there.

given the place where she is from I am guessing she is some kind of special needs. my boy is 9, he has odd and ADHD. he does things that no one expects, including him. he will do things with out thinking or get so focused on one thing that he wont think about the basic things.
they need to find this little one fast. poor thing

Ty for the replies. I think too that certain youngsters are way more advanced in maturity levels than others, most especially children who have been in the system for a while. As a former teacher in inner city schools, I've seen first hand how tough life can be on some children and how resourceful and resilient these youngsters are when they are determined to do both good and bad things. A nine year old Serenity might be years ahead of a 12 year old John or Jane. MOO And I pray that is exactly the case here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288