TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris County, Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks Yellow Rose.
That is a helpful article referencing the city of Austin.
Is the same true for Houston where this murder took place?

Do we know where EB worked?
I think it is a reasonable assumption that she either took a paid day off for her garage sale that Friday, or she worked at a job that could also include Saturdays & Sundays and this particular week Friday was her regular day off.

The only two things I can think of that would trigger this level of rage in a woman are someone messing with her man, or someone getting her fired.
Of course, she could be a nut case without any reason other than she thought the decedent looked at her wrong.

Time will tell.
Opinion and speculation only

I know I probably have watched way too many true crime shows for many years now showing what countless females are perfectly capable of doing to other human beings, and unfortunately they never run out of new cases or new series.

The motives of female murderers run the gambit just like motives for male murderers.

I do see several of those who will murder the spouse or partner of the one they are having an affair with. But motives often vary.

I know this... so many of them can be very ruthless. Some of the worst cases I've seen on ID or OWN were committed by females with many of them over killing their victims or multiple victims including their own children.

As a woman myself, it's bone chilling to have to face the fact of how downright cold, cruel, cunning, sadistic, and viscous female murderers truly are.

This woman shot this victim in cold blood. I hope she is found, and arrested soon so that justice can be served for the victim and her love ones.

Imo

She always spoke very highly of him. IDK she was very friendly and chatty at her job. I used to work with her.

How long had they been married? The reason I ask, is if there was a girlfriend in the past who wasn't pleased about the marriage I have seen other cases where the ex girlfriend or ex wife has killed the man's wife.

Tia

How long had they been married? The reason I ask, is if there was a girlfriend in the past who wasn't pleased about the marriage I have seen other cases where the ex girlfriend or ex wife has killed the man's wife.

Tia
I read somewhere that it was just their 5 year anniversary, but I cannot find where I saw that

(edited for spelling)

I read somewhere that it was just their 5 year anniversary, but I cannot find where I saw that

(edited for spelling)

Thank you for your reply,Mysti.

You would think by then the ex would have moved on, but sadly, I have seen other cases where exes both female, and males, who will not let go, and will rage for even longer than 5 years.

I just pray she is caught soon. Anyone who commits murder execution style is a danger to others. What would stop her now from doing it again?

We have seen suspects when they were arrested that have had a kill list. They will lay low for awhile after a murder, but were still planning to kill others.

This execution of this woman was an extremely bold act of extreme violence.

Imo

It seems incredible if LE does not have a suspect...especially if targeted as surely this appears. I doubt this young woman had a long list of enemies, or even people who had grudges against her. I hope they are investigating a specific person by now...crazy how sometimes even video does not help enough. Jmo

Tia
I posted back on page 2 that I saw she would be celebrating her 5year anniversary (2/1/2014) but forgot to post her page link.

(ETA: page has turned to “remembering” page) and BBM - could be!

MOO: She looked to be a quite fun and lovely person.

Attachments

• CF2B11E5-4D94-4DA4-944C-079A01071AEE.jpeg
    CF2B11E5-4D94-4DA4-944C-079A01071AEE.jpeg
    129.5 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
It seems incredible if LE does not have a suspect...especially if targeted as surely this appears. I doubt this young woman had a long list of enemies, or even people who had grudges against her. I hope they are investigating a specific person by now...crazy how sometimes even video does not help enough. Jmo

ITA cluciano63... and I too hope LE knows more than what they're saying... are they watching, and waiting for someone to drop their guard? IDK... I would certainly THINK that with all that video, she would have been identified by now. JMO.

I can't seem to multi-quote but in reply to everyone of course I understand people get vacation time. I didn't realize though that someone would intentionally use one of those days in January to have a garage sale. I misinterpreted the post to mean that she was given a paid day off to have a garage sale and yes that would be an oddity.

I can't seem to multi-quote but in reply to everyone of course I understand people get vacation time. I didn't realize though that someone would intentionally use one of those days in January to have a garage sale. I misinterpreted the post to mean that she was given a paid day off to have a garage sale and yes that would be an oddity.

My understanding is that it is basically a vacation day to use however you wish.

Doesn’t most full-time work, and even some part-time work, provide vacation days?

I am surprised with the discussion, about a 'day off work'.
Here, in Australia, we have loads of PAID holiday leave, sick leave, each year, and these accumulate if not used.
After working several years, there are several months of ADDED PAID leave.
MOO.

I posted back on page 2 that I saw she would be celebrating her 5year anniversary (2/1/2014) but forgot to post her page link.

(ETA: page has turned to “remembering” page) and BBM - could be!

MOO: She looked to be a quite fun and lovely person.

Ugh. Her poor husband. Having to face their anniversary so soon after her death.

My understanding is that it is basically a vacation day to use however you wish.

youère not understanding my point
I know she can use it however she wishes -
picture this - you ask your boss for a day off to have a garage sale OR you ask your boss to use one of your vacation days
there is a difference
just never mind ... no one gets what I am saying

Though I could look it up, forums are designed to stimulate conversation and exchange of ideas.

So.... What is cosplay?

i think it is dressing up as specific characters? She was said to be into Star Wars I think? Some people are very, very into it. Hence the Comic Con conventions which seem to be huge. I don’t know really...

youère not understanding my point
I know she can use it however she wishes -
picture this - you ask your boss for a day off to have a garage sale OR you ask your boss to use one of your vacation days
there is a difference
just never mind ... no one gets what I am saying

Lol I do. But I did know a few people at my last job who used days off for very specific annual events like a big home show at convention center, etc...and announced as such. One even her dog’s birthday...:)

i think it is dressing up as specific characters? She was said to be into Star Wars I think? Some people are very, very into it. Hence the Comic Con conventions which seem to be huge. I don’t know really...
My adult son and adult daughter cosplay. You dress up like your favorite character in a movie/tv show/anime. It is super popular and fun! You also can see the same people at the different conventions. On the whole, my children have met many friends and everyone seems to get along.

It is interesting, in our technology world, that so many crimes are captured in real time, on film.

I think that the problem with this, is that juries have come to expect ALL crimes to be on film, and are seemingly unable to interpret evidence and connect dots with crimes that are not on video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak