Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. It's not designed like that as far as getting stopped for speeding or for whatever.

If they bothered to search out such vehicles and found a similar vehicle registered to that residence.. I would think they might expand upon that by looking in perhaps a different database for what might be known, if anything, about that particular address.. seeing as how it was very remote. And if they had done that, they would've found... what. That one of the kids who lived, or had lived there, had a record for a sexual incident.... perhaps they might also have come across info to suggest that the registered owner of said vehicle might currently be residing elsewhere with a different vehicle registered to her, etc. It could have been that one tip that blew open the entire case. imo.

If they bothered to search out such vehicles and found a similar vehicle registered to that residence.. I would think they might expand upon that by looking in perhaps a different database for what might be known, if anything, about that particular address.. seeing as how it was very remote. And if they had done that, they would've found... what. That one of the kids who lived, or had lived there, had a record for a sexual incident.... perhaps they might also have come across info to suggest that the registered owner of said vehicle might currently be residing elsewhere with a different vehicle registered to her, etc. It could have been that one tip that blew open the entire case. imo.

Exactly, They would be researching for murders and kidnappings so an obvious red flag

It’s 1 am Monday morning in a small
Town... you pass 1 car on way to brutal double homicide... it’s state law for front plate which this car doesn’t have...

Nobody is holding LE responsible... it was already too late for 2
Homicide victims...

But after you read the info from deputy fink, it’s stunning to not want to talk to
That driver ASAP.. even if they weren’t killer.. there’s good chance they passed car of relevance..

If you put out apb for red Taurus and can’t find car.. I would think there’s reason car owner didn’t call in...only car you passed half mile from crime scene with no plate.. ??
Jayme rescued herself.... deputy fink had your best lead.... it’s murky at best what happened in 88 days regarding the lead.
What I'm wondering about is if the approaching policecars could have seen the the lights of JP's car pull out of the Closs' driveway. Could that have been seen?
Or did he switch on the lights after he was out of the driveway? Or were the policecars too far away to observe something like that?

What I'm wondering about is if the approaching policecars could have seen the the lights of JP's car pull out of the Closs' driveway. Could that have been seen?
Or did he switch on the lights after he was out of the driveway? Or were the policecars too far away to observe something like that?
They did not see him pull out of the driveway. If they had, he would have been caught.
He yielded to LE as they drove by. Imo

Early on I did Google street view from Barron town limits to the Closs home trying to understand how the Perp wasn't seen by LE quick arrival.

The land undulates between the two locations so if the vehicles were in the low spots they would not see each other. Also thought maybe the perp left with vehicle lights out. Always thought perp headed West.

95 percent cars have front plate...
Auto $150 fine
Make model color... only thing missed was year...

Based on challenger / MDX. ... u believed perps came from town and went back to town...

It’s just a big miss... good cops make mistakes...with 100 people in case 30
Days u have to get to
<modsnipped racial comment against TOS>

Let’s hope by feb 6th he pleads guilty...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question with reference to the photo below. It looks so cold and snowy outside but I do have to ask why the outbuilding to the left of the photo is devoid of any snow on the left sloping roof of the outbuilding. To me, it says it is flipping warm in there compared to everywhere else. What am I getting at? I really don’t know but as sure as hell that outbuilding is losing enough heat out the roof enough to make the Snow not even be there. Just curious nothing more.

9362250-6664805-The_13_year_old_was_held_captive_for_88_days_in_a_rural_cabin_in-a-2_1549283547685.jpg

A-smiling-Jayme-Closs-tucks-steak-grandfather.html

Last edited:
Yikes... is all this ice in Barron County?? Is the Court open for business??
Paul BlumeVerified account @PaulBlume_FOX9 4h4 hours ago This salt truck driver has had quite the AM. Gotten stuck themselves on a couple of inclines. Was told it's nice to have the salt on board to get yourself moving again. Reports ice rink parking lots and witnessed a construx crew member take a hard fall. What a mess! @fox9weather

Lou Raguse on Twitter
Circling back to this, authorities withheld that info because it was the best lead they had. They were trying to find a red Taurus owner and didn’t want him to know they had that info and get rid of it.
IMO, they (LE) even had a problem with the Amber Alert for Jayme, because they had no car to search for (they didn't want to search for). Nevertheless they made it appear as having no knowledge of the type/model/color etc. of a car. The Amber Alert got delayed for several hours. There was a huge problem, which couldn't be cleared at that time, I think. MOO

It's mainly Daily Mail that keeps running with that. While I guess they do count as "media", they are one of the more questionable sources out there. They pay for stories. They get it right sometimes, but are known for sensationalist coverage. Much less reputable than other media.

They must have paid a FORTUNE for those basement photos.
I try to read about the British Royal Family, and DM is one of my sources. Ever since they got that warped set of photos, they have run them with EVERY story about Jayme, even the happy and positive ones.

I'm at the point where I consider the basement " squalor" photos and descriptions to be exploitative of Jayme and emotionally distressing to those who don't know that she's never said she was in that basement.
The totally messed up part about this is if the crime had occurred IN Great Britain, their privacy laws are such that I doubt very much they'd be posting the unnecessary and slightly salaciously nuanced captioned photos of part of a house of torture.( Keeping a 13 year old girl pinned under a bed for hours at the time involuntarily and away from everyone she knew for 88 days fits my definition of torture.)
I hope we don't ever know more about any details of this part of the crime unless Jayme decides to write a book one day like Elizabeth Smart did.

So glad the Douglas County records are sealed. God bless those in the American justice system for protecting children in this way when they can.

IMO, they (LE) even had a problem with the Amber Alert for Jayme, because they had no car to search for (they didn't want to search for). Nevertheless they made it appear as having no knowledge of the type/model/color etc. of a car. The Amber Alert got delayed for several hours. There was a huge problem, which couldn't be cleared at that time, I think. MOO
Yes, they did. They tried twice to get an AA issued and finally got it after the FBI stepped in.

Autopsy results of dead couple coming soon; search for missing teen continues

Last edited:

I can imagine the adrenaline they were all experiencing. Two adults dead. Finding out sometime later that a young girl also lived there. The daughter of those two adults they just found.

Would it really make sense that you hide this information? IMO they made a mistake. They overlooked this vehicle that yielded the right of way. They should have immediately alerted on that vehicle!

They had no idea what the perp(s) were capable of! There was a 13 year old girl in immediate danger! And actually, they did know what the killer was capable of.

They were faced with many decisions that morning. Did they actually make a rush to keep this close to the vest? Or not think there was anything to this?

88 days and not knowing if there will be a day 89. JC made the right decision!

Sorry, LE, No, they had not a clue.

I have a question with reference to the photo below. It looks so cold and snowy outside but I do have to ask why the outbuilding to the left of the photo is devoid of any snow on the left sloping roof of the outbuilding. To me, it says it is flipping warm in there compared to everywhere else. What am I getting at? I really don’t know but as sure as hell that outbuilding is losing enough heat out the roof enough to make the Snow not even be there. Just curious nothing more.

9362250-6664805-The_13_year_old_was_held_captive_for_88_days_in_a_rural_cabin_in-a-2_1549283547685.jpg

I'd say it depends on when the picture was taken. We (and they) have had some rather warm days mixed in with all of the cold and snow. It's possible that that side faces the sun, and it warmed the snow up enough for it to slide off the roof. I know I see that happen fairly often, and it looks like the snow on that side of the house's roof has also slid some. MOO

I am positive there was a thorough discussion about this somewhere in the 20's threads. Anything from sun, roof slant & orientation, and wind. I forget what, if any, the final consensus was.

Jake Patterson Due In Court This Week
The man charged with kidnapping Jayme Closs and killing her parents is scheduled to be back in court on Wednesday.

Jake Patterson’s preliminary hearing is set at the Barron County courthouse. A preliminary hearing is a chance to show the court there is enough probable cause to prove a crime occurred.

The man charged with kidnapping Jayme Closs and killing her parents is scheduled to be back in court on Wednesday.

Jake Patterson’s preliminary hearing is set at the Barron County courthouse. A preliminary hearing is a chance to show the court there is enough probable cause to prove a crime occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288