Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything revealed about her behaviour after being dropped off by the taxi suggests that she lost her keys. A combination of lost keys, a bitterly cold night and drunkenness would put her in a vulnerable position. It seems like she sat on the bench, possibly crying, simply not knowing what to do. What happened next is not yet known, but I'm certain the starting point was the fact that she'd lost her keys.

Everything revealed about her behaviour after being dropped off by the taxi suggests that she lost her keys. A combination of lost keys, a bitterly cold night and drunkenness would put her in a vulnerable position. It seems like she sat on the bench, possibly crying, simply not knowing what to do. What happened next is not yet known, but I'm certain the starting point was the fact that she'd lost her keys.

She might have just not brought them, if she was going out with all her housemates and didn't bother bringing her phone (more essential to most people).

Perhaps they got a taxi to the pre-party and left home in a hurry. If the housemate who put her in a taxi was also drunk, she might not have checked if Libby had keys. Or perhaps they both thought another housemate was in.

She might have just not brought them, if she was going out with all her housemates and didn't bother bringing her phone (more essential to most people).

Perhaps they got a taxi to the pre-party and left home in a hurry. If the housemate who put her in a taxi was also drunk, she might not have checked if Libby had keys. Or perhaps they both thought another housemate was in.

Yes, quite possibly. But whether the keys were lost or not taken in the first place, her behaviour was that of somebody who arrives home and suddenly realises that they can't get in.

The reports of the screams, male voices, more screams then a sound of a door or gate closing, if true I feel is very key to this.

Slightly suspicious of this particular incident.

I am thinking it might not in fact be a wooden door or a gate closing, maybe this could have been a vehicle of some sort and she was actually abducted and driven away quietly out of the area.

In her enebriated and distressed state, if she wasn't abducted and she was alone, let's face it, she couldn't have got very far from her house given the temperatures and conditions and that she wasn't particularly wrapped up. I'd have expected her to have been found by now.
I think if they haven't found her today, I am going with there is someone else definitely involved who has taken her against her will.

There's hundreds of comments of people saying there is something 'off' or ' doesn't add up' with this case and the more I think about it ( which I have done since it was first announced) the more I wonder why would a drunk student not actually go into her house. It was one of the coldest night's here then so why didn't she go in ? It makes me think that had she seen or heard an intruder , shocked or scared by this she walks out of her street on to the main road into what she thinks is safe ? Maybe she sat for a while and then went back in hoping that they'd now be gone. After that could an altercation of taken place ? The neighbour who heard the screams and the gate slam could of mistaken it for a car door maybe ?
That would be the only reason I wouldn't enter my home or that if lost my key. I have a niggly feeling that as drunk as reported I don't think she's come to harm by accident of her drunkenness. You wouldn't catch me walking on Bev Rd by myself during the day never mind at night.
I believe her home has been searched by police now. I think they would have mentioned if there were signs of an intruder having been there.

This is the house we've previously mentioned as it's pretty much straight across the road from the lady who heard the "screams". The house with the garage that says "KEEP OUT" in red?

Yes. That’s right but I think some readers may think that the link I posted earlier was in reference to the house at the other end.

This one also has a wooden gate but is at opposite end to the road from the one with the “keep clear” sign. I’m not sure which end the lady who heard the scream lives at, has she specified?

Last edited by a moderator:
Where was this info found? I thought one of the friends said they went to find an ATM, and when they got to the Welly she was already in the taxi leaving - did I misunderstand that?

I linked a source for this a couple of pages back, her housemate Amelia put her in the taxi.

From what I understand, her male friend in the blue jacket said that they were all out in a few separate groups of people - I think he meant that he and his group went to an ATM, Libby was with another group at that point, and then when he got to the Welly Libby had already been put in a taxi. Although I could be wrong, this is what I understood him to mean.

Where was this info found? I thought one of the friends said they went to find an ATM, and when they got to the Welly she was already in the taxi leaving - did I misunderstand that?

“Amelia Cummins, 19, has lived with Libby for the last two years. She said she last saw Libby when she put her into the taxi outside Welly on Thursday night.”
Friends of missing Libby Squire want people to help search for her

I think you are thinking of the male student who was interviewed who spoke about seeing Libby at predrinks and then went to the bank.

Her housemate Amelia Cummings put her in the taxi. Meanwhile another of her uni friends, Ryan Tweddell, was with her earlier in the evening at the pre-party but had gone to a cashpoint.

Friends of missing Libby Squire want people to help search for her

EDIT: I see LittleMystery's already answered this, sorry!

Yes. That’s right but the link that I posted earlier I believe may be for the property at the other end. Think some posts are confusing the two.

This one also has a wooden gate but is at opposite end to the road from the one with the “keep clear” sign. I’m not sure which end the lady who heard the scream lives at, has she specified?

DD-COMPOSITE-LIBBYS-LAST-MOVEMENTS-6.jpg

This map was included in the following article https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/8355592/libby-squire-mystery-5-clues/amp/

If it's anything to go by, as they refer to her as a "neighbour", I believe the woman lives nearer Libby's end, nearer the "KEEP CLEAR" garage.

Last edited:
In her enebriated and distressed state, if she wasn't abducted and she was alone, let's face it, she couldn't have got very far from her house given the temperatures and conditions and that she wasn't particularly wrapped up. I'd have expected her to have been found by now.

I think if they haven't found her today, I am going with there is someone else definitely involved who has taken her against her will.

I'm curious as to why the police have been repeatedly searching the Oak Road pond. It's not on her way to pubs, shops or the Welly, and it's pretty much in a dark, empty dead end.

I know this is probably just phrasing on your part, but it is not a fact that she lost her keys. It's speculation only. If she hadn't brought her keys in the first place the police would have found them in her house by now (though whether they would have told the public if they did, I don't know). If she lost them during the night, I don't suppose they would know... though you would think that with how thorough the searches had been, the police would have found any lost keys.

I personally think that she did have her key, she just didn't want to go into her house because she didn't want to be alone.

MOO.

I made the assumption that he was in a separate group and they were joining up, but I don't think it's been explained. These cases are always like this, though, aren't they? Where you get half the information, so you end up filling in the rest yourself!

We don’t even know if she tried to get into the house, do we? Wouldn ‘t there probably be someone else in there, that might have heard if she had knocked?

Also, LE may have more info than they are sharing, by where they are focusing. Maybe it relates to her state of mind, maybe other factors, jmo

Joanna Yeates took weeks to be found. Adrian Lynch took ages. The other student has only just been found today and went missing the day before Lilly. I'm not at all surprised that the police are still searching.

I'm curious as to why the police have been repeatedly searching the Oak Road pond. It's not on her way to pubs, shops or the Welly, and it's pretty much in a dark, empty dead end.

I don’t know much about this pond but I was surprised at how shallow it seems to be. I know it’s possible to drown in a puddle though but I think I always associate missing people with deep water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member