Victim: Alicia Showalter Reynolds and the Route 29 Stalker, 2 March 1996

I will have one more go at posting Jackson's photo for comparison against the Route 29 Stalker composite sketch: Really quite unbelievable when will it end. If any other posters can post that picture of Jackson with the headline about his pecker pills please go ahead and do it for me

RalphLeonJackson.jpg

June 10, 2011 Ralph Leon Jackson, the pecker pill thrill-killer, gets life without parole

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply and sharing your theory. As I have researched the cases you feel as if you know some of the victims a little and Alicia seemed a lovely girl or young woman.

I knew none of the victims in the these cases at all. I dont want to give the impression I did.

The route 29 stalker did try to pull me over when I was 19. I did not report the incident. I guess being objective ,it could have been someone else who tryed to pull me over but the area, time frame, and method matched exactly the descriptions.

I knew none of the victims in the these cases at all. I dont want to give the impression I did.

The route 29 stalker did try to pull me over when I was 19. I did not report the incident. I guess being objective ,it could have been someone else who tryed to pull me over but the area, time frame, and method matched exactly the descriptions.

Thanks for your reply and sorry to here about your experience. Just to add I never knew any of the victims in these Virginia cases as I live many miles away but as mentioned in the post above you feel you get to know them in a way when you study the cases for some time.

This is a case I would really like to see solved. Like some others I believe a Serial Killer was living in and operating out of the State of Virginia for quite some length of time. I will give the case a bump with a link to an article as we head towards another anniversary of the crime:

Route 29 stalker case

ralphleonjackson.jpg

Here is a photo of my suspect in this case for comparison:

RalphLeonJackson.jpg

Others may disagree of course but I think my suspect is the best one better than Randy Taylor for instance. I live a along way away and have never been within thousands of miles of Virginia but many people there felt he was a good suspect in this case at the time of his arrest and to me he is as good a suspect today as he was then.

Others may disagree of course but I think my suspect is the best one better than Randy Taylor for instance. I live a along way away and have never been within thousands of miles of Virginia but many people there felt he was a good suspect in this case at the time of his arrest and to me he is as good a suspect today as he was then.

I will leave it for others to comment on now but I also think he is by far the best suspect for other crimes in Virginia including the Colonial Parkway Murders. The Parkway Shooter being the Colonial Parkway Killer. Anyway these are my beliefs and I am pretty sure I am right but hopefully there will be some progress in these cases to prove me right or wrong.

Jae Jae,
While I am not sure I necessarily agree with you that he was responsible for route 29, and colonial parkway, I do think he was probably very active in Va. I appreciate your gusto. We need to be passionate about seeing these injustices solved. Your guy was out in the wilderness, the parkway, probably Skyline drive and other roadways, colonial? Don't know why these crimes are so numerous yet never solved.

Jae Jae,
While I am not sure I necessarily agree with you that he was responsible for route 29, and colonial parkway, I do think he was probably very active in Va. I appreciate your gusto. We need to be passionate about seeing these injustices solved. Your guy was out in the wilderness, the parkway, probably Skyline drive and other roadways, colonial? Don't know why these crimes are so numerous yet never solved.

Thanks for the post. As I say for my sins I am convinced he was the Route 29 Stalker and Colonial Parkway Killer. I was trying to solve the Golden State Killer case when I found him and he did serve ten years in the military and I thought at one time he may have been stationed in California but of course I was wrong in that case as a man is about to be tried in this case after a DNA hit. As I say thanks for the post and I am still convinced he was the Route 29 Stalker.

Though still reviewing records, currently appears family of Jackson’s wife from MA. Appears Jackson could have been visiting in-laws at time of CRV crimes, mother/father in law or sister in law. Sister in law address near Maura Murray begins days before disappearance though resided in area prior to then. Following up on dayes of occasions such as death, birth and marriage that would have brought Jackson for visit to area and compare to dates of crimes.

Jackson’s wife had brother who appears to have in-laws in Williamsburg, Va. Parkway killings on weekends when Jackson could have been with wife in Williamsburg visiting wife’s brother at the brother’s in-laws.

Longer term visits such as those to care for sick family are also possible. Also other family or ties to these area expected.

Still determining relation and whether any possiible connection but currently appears father in law of Jackson’s daughter registered sex offender from NC for sexual assault and forcible sodomy.

Jackson has earlier conviction involving DUI and other charges. Records appear incomplete as there is habitual offender charge in history but no records of the prior charges in records secured to date. Appears this could be to Jackson using a different DOB - year reflected as 1950 in NC arrest records but 1953 on all others. Need to review court and arrest records for other address

Though still reviewing records, currently appears family of Jackson’s wife from MA. Appears Jackson could have been visiting in-laws at time of CRV crimes, mother/father in law or sister in law. Sister in law address near Maura Murray begins days before disappearance though resided in area prior to then. Following up on dayes of occasions such as death, birth and marriage that would have brought Jackson for visit to area and compare to dates of crimes.

Jackson’s wife had brother who appears to have in-laws in Williamsburg, Va. Parkway killings on weekends when Jackson could have been with wife in Williamsburg visiting wife’s brother at the brother’s in-laws.

Longer term visits such as those to care for sick family are also possible. Also other family or ties to these area expected.

Still determining relation and whether any possiible connection but currently appears father in law of Jackson’s daughter registered sex offender from NC for sexual assault and forcible sodomy.

Jackson has earlier conviction involving DUI and other charges. Records appear incomplete as there is habitual offender charge in history but no records of the prior charges in records secured to date. Appears this could be to Jackson using a different DOB - year reflected as 1950 in NC arrest records but 1953 on all others. Need to review court and arrest records for other address

I know I said I was going to let you post in peace but as I said I cannot stop thinking about him or discussing him that easily. Good post with interesting information. I was aware of his drink driving charge but did not know the details of it. I only know what I have found out surfing the net and it is good to see someone doing more advanced searches on his history.

Of course the alias used by the Route 29 Stalker was Larry Breeden. Of course no real connection but with my research into the Golden State Killer case I think of the two Larry's Crompton and Pool.

The Route 29 Stalker was described as being softly spoken and having the habit of moving the fringe of his hair away from his eyes with his left hand. He was however of course prone to outbursts of anger when people did not comply with him. My suspect Ralph Leon Jackson was described as a part time mechanic when he was captured in 2010. This might have given him access to multiple vehicles and fit in with the ruse of telling the female motorists there was something wrong with their cars.

Thanks for sharing the web page dedicated to the Route 29 stalker. I would urge anyone following Alicia's case to listen to the podcasts as they seem to contain info that was never shared with the public.

It is mortifying that many local authorities are not more helpful in assisting in the process of solving the crimes. Its been years, and it appears that this sleepy little town would like to pretend that they were not the epicenter of a number of unsolved crimes.

I understand that they need tourism and want to be seen as a desirable place to live. Thing is, lots of us already know about the murders and attempted abductions, and sweeping it under the rug does not make the problem go away. There are lots of people who still care and authorities can actually make this problem go away by solving it, not by turning a blind eye.

There is a host of evidence that points to the perp being local to Central Va. While it is likely the perp left, since the string of crimes ended, to identify them it would be helpful to concentrate on who lived around Culpeper at the time.

For those live locally, the last name Breeden is a common name. It is not a name you hear so much outside of that community. That is a clue that the perp was local. It is like Smith or Johnson, but germaine to Virginia.

Did this person live within walking distance of Alicia's abandoned vehicle? Within walking distance of where Sherry Warner was viciously killed in 2005 just up 29 in Reva? Who was on the cop's radar at that time? What do all the clues say about how the perp entered and exited the crime scenes? Does anyone know if Alicia's vehicle was located in the same place that the witnesses saw her with a sandy brown haired man? Or was her vehicle moved to a different spot?

Of those of you who listened to the podcast, what do you make of Alicia's credit card that was located on Clay St, Culpeper? My gut is that it was placed there by the perp in order to confuse investigators and possibly frame whoever picked up and used the credit card. I also have to wonder what men lived on that street at the time and if they had any guesses as to who may have been trying to set someone up.

Of those of you who listened to the podcast, what do you make of Alicia's credit card that was located on Clay St, Culpeper? My gut is that it was placed there by the perp in order to confuse investigators and possibly frame whoever picked up and used the credit card. I also have to wonder what men lived on that street at the time and if they had any guesses as to who may have been trying to set someone up.

Good post sorry to go on about but my suspect I believe made a habit of doing things like that with the credit card.

It sounded from the podcast as if Lignum, VA the town where Alicia's body was discovered has had its share of murder in the same time frame of Alicia's homicide. Alicia's killer may have easily known his way around that small town, he felt comfortable leaving Alicia's body there, my opinion only.

"Thelma Scroggins, a 74-year-old church organist and retired mail carrier, was shot four times in the head on the evening of July 13, 1996, in her Lignum, Virginia home."
One Innocent VA Man Gets 6 Years For Murder, The Other Life

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back