GUILTY MA - Conrad Roy, 18, urged by friend, commits suicide, Fairhaven, 13 July 2014 #2 *guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh took me awhile to find the thread, had no idea it was moved!
So tomorrow we will find out the end results. What does anyone who follows this case think is going to happen with this appeal?

W
OMG thank you, I was just looking to see if there was one!!!!!!
What did you think?

I thought they asked the defense some interesting questions. Questioning why he thinks his ideas of the appeal are sufficient.

The prosecution didn't really have to provide a brief just answer questions. I guess because they aren't the ones appealing the case.

Sounded like we may have to wait up to 4 months before we have an answer. Darn I was hoping it would be pretty quick.

Well I have an electrician here and could not hear most of it over the drills and them yapping.

So we have to wait 4 months,,,,I came to a decision right away!!! lol
I really thought this was going to be over after today, and where was Michelle?? I did not see her, did she not have to be present?

I don't think I saw any family present. It seemed there were many media people there and I am not sure who else was in back, maybe that is where the familys were.

I am undecided which way it will go. By the questions that were asked to the defense, I would say it will go toward the prosecution though. imo

The local news said Michelle's parents were present but not her. They did not say anything about Conrad's family.
Every news station is showing it and I hope we hear sooner than later.

I am always undecided since the Casey Anthony trial and others. I know what I would decide most times but others there is no way of knowing. Don't think she is going to get much and the fact that she is out free during all this has always bothered me.
So my expectations are low.

Bella Thorne to Play Michelle Carter in Lifetime Movie - Michelle Carter Murder Suicide Case

A movie already, September 23 on Lifetime. At least I am relieved that MC will not profit from it.
I hadn't been on this thread in a while so have been catching up. I didn't see the movie but it really, really irks me that the movie was about MC, or so I presume from the title. Just the fact that her name is in the title of a movie seems to glorify her. Why couldn't Conrad Roy's name be in the title. I wouldn't mind a movie that focuses on CR's life (highs and lows) and then tragic death and the aftermath, portraying what MC did to end his life and benefit from his death.

When a person suffers from depression, there are days when everything seems hopeless, but they're followed by days when the person enjoys life again. Conrad just needed someone to remind him that "tomorrow will look brighter" when he was submersed in a depressive state. As has been mentioned here, CR was emerging from that phase and was cycling into the positive outlook phase when MC intervened and led him to his death. What she did was so evil and she knew what she was doing. IMO, she enjoyed the control she had over CR.

I hadn't been on this thread in a while so have been catching up. I didn't see the movie but it really, really irks me that the movie was about MC, or so I presume from the title. Just the fact that her name is in the title of a movie seems to glorify her. Why couldn't Conrad Roy's name be in the title. I wouldn't mind a movie that focuses on CR's life (highs and lows) and then tragic death and the aftermath, portraying what MC did to end his life and benefit from his death.

When a person suffers from depression, there are days when everything seems hopeless, but they're followed by days when the person enjoys life again. Conrad just needed someone to remind him that "tomorrow will look brighter" when he was submersed in a depressive state. As has been mentioned here, CR was emerging from that phase and was cycling into the positive outlook phase when MC intervened and led him to his death. What she did was so evil and she knew what she was doing. IMO, she enjoyed the control she had over CR.

Indy Anna....very good points you brought up about the felon.

I will not be watching, maybe if others did not watch the movie would flop. Then the felon would not think she is so important.

It would have been better if Conrad’s name was in the title. His name is well known just as the felons is. That really makes me wonder if the family is getting any kind of money kick backs. Yes, I know felons are not to make money off of their crimes through books, movies, etc, but look at the felon now, out free until all appeals are completed and decided, a strange ruling. I do not think she even has to wear a tracking device. Parents have money, the Judges ruling is questionable to me as she is free and can do what she wants. Where there is a will there is a way....money talks.....Conrad will never be able to be free on earth.....yet the felon can, even after serving her time if she ever has to. Anyone connected to her in the future needs to be careful, very careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288