Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #4 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering (yet, again), do we know why BDR kept her hidden? Has he said what the reason for not calling the police, or letting her call the police immediately. If he really thought he was rescuing her, why not contact some form of LE. What was he planning to do with her? Do we have any idea. MOO. Thanks, everyone. Katt

I am wondering (yet, again), do we know why BDR kept her hidden? Has he said what the reason for not calling the police, or letting her call the police immediately. If he really thought he was rescuing her, why not contact some form of LE. What was he planning to do with her? Do we have any idea. MOO. Thanks, everyone. Katt

It's all speculation at this point. LE has not made a statement regarding BDR's intentions.

That sounds fabulous to me, and is the way we live, but for a young girl being regularly abused I'm sure it sent panic waves through her. I think this move, and the isolation, was one of the big reasons why she chose to run.
I do too and that new 4 bedroom house where she had her own room... just a week after the move (I believe it was the 18th) she reached out to BR on the game (Christmas Eve) - in the complaint. Poor child.

Sadly, RP's time behind bars may be lessened by the fact that no one is dead. (Note that I am happy SLP is alive -- I wish I could ensure her safety for the rest of her growing up --that and her siblings !!!)
So he may not do the time he deserves. Disgusting.

What ever happened to the "mamma bear" instinct ?
If someone harms your child-- -- prison should be the least of their problems !
Call LE and throw the perp to the curb. Not necessarily in that order.
If proof is needed, a visit to a doctor and a dna collection is enough "Proof".
I have zero sympathy for this person in Wisconsin. How dare he further traumatize this girl ?
He's no 'savior' ; imo.

Last edited:
Sadly, RP's time behind bars may be lessened by the fact that no one is dead. (Note that I am happy SLP is alive -- I wish I could ensure her safety for the rest of her growing up --that and her siblings !!!)
So he may not do the time he deserves. Disgusting.

What ever happened to the "mamma bear" instinct ?
If someone harms your child-- -- prison should be the least of their problems !
Call LE and throw the perp to the curb. Not necessarily in that order.
If proof is needed, a visit to a doctor and a dna collection is in order.
I have zero sympathy for this person in Wisconsin. How dare he further traumatize this girl ?
He's no 'savior' ; imo.
Yep

He kept her hidden and didn't call the police so that no one would know that he committed a federal crime, I'd imagine. I don't think we know what he was planning to do with her *precisely* in hideous detail, but he was not rescuing her.

From the criminal complaint, during BDR's interview with LE:

"KV #1 disclosed to him that she was being molested. She told Rogers she had never told anyone else but her mother, who didn't believe her."

Was BDR telling the truth, or another lie? Would LE publish this if it is not corroborated? Not sure.....

It is so inflammatory, at minimum...hope they verified with S.

I respect your opinion - he abducted her IMO - and coerced her to make the video. Frankly, that is enough for me. But to top it off, he lied to the FBI when they came knocking, destroyed her cell phone so she could not easily contact anyone and very likely lied to his Mother that he held her in the basement. She is a child, it doesn't matter to me at all if she feels like he rescued her. I just can't fathom what else is needed for the determination that his motives were not good for this child for those who are awaiting additional information to form their opinions and I am not being sarcastic I truly would like to know. Mainly because I made up my mind as soon as I saw the details of his conversation about making the video - I did not need anything more than this. Maybe I am the only one that sees him as the predator who led her on, made her do unspeakable things with her father and kept her from LE for 18 days. JMO. This is what is great about Websleuths. We get to discuss these things. Mostly, I am just trying to figure out what else could have been done to help this poor girl and it seems to me, that answer lies with the family since she has been so isolated since the move. IMO
The perp meant it for evil, but the situation ended up getting flipped for her good. It's a rare situationt (I think) in crimes. But again, imo, it's not because he intended it as a rescue. If he meant it for good, he would have taken her straight to LE.

I agree, but maybe we are confronted with a "she said, she said" with nothing to corroborate SP's side again and without that, who is most believed? It seems that this line of reasoning is what set off the very flawed set of events we just learned about. But, I would ask, what in SP's life experience would have led her to believe anything differently? That would have think she would be believed.
We also don't know that SP even actually said she told her mother. That info wasn't from the text message thread LE published. That was a statement made by BDR in questioning. He could have said SP told him that to "prove" he was her only hope. It is in his best interest that he says she had asked for help elsewhere, so he knew he needed to get solid proof and be the one to swoop in and save the day.

Of course. The only way he only meant to "help" in my mind is if he is mentally challenged in some way and does not understand right from wrong.
Judging from the planning and manipulation that was involved, I'm guessing that is not the case. Imo

I think, he had a plan created for his own benefit.
He used SP to achieve this.
Evidence to his planning occurs in the online communication, his avoiding public roads, and keeping SP in the basement.
He lied to Police, whom he should have reported to.
All this, and probably loads more, stacks against this Creep.
MOO.

Thinking out loud.

BDR is a 31 year old male using an app that is usually played by 12-14 year old children.

BDR has made contact with another player, SLP, a 14 year old female.

BDR began conversing with SLP on Christmas Eve, 12/24/2018.

BDR reads words typed by SLP, she is despondent, being molested, has suicidal thoughts.

BDR convinces SLP that the ONLY way he will help is if SLP captures video of her rape by RP.

SLP unwillingly succumbs to capturing this video On January 10, 2019.

SLP emails this video evidence to BDR.

BDR travels the 700 miles to 'rescue' SLP. Avoiding detection, destroying SLP's cellphones.

BDR decides the evidence would not hold up in court. Does not contact LE, or anyone.

BDR is visited by LE and claims no knowledge of SLP.

BDR is revisited by LE once mom comes home.

SLP is discovered by LE and safely recovered.

Synopsis: LE had information that BDR was totally involved with SLP. From the video file, to the unknown contact (tip) at the St. Louis FBI.

BDR, in denying his involvement, was not trying to protect the victim, SLP.

Jim is a xx year old father/grandfather. He doesn't even know what these APP's are, but he watched over his children during dial-up/AOL/early FB days. He is aware of the dangers out there 'on the Internet.'

He happens to receive a mysterious message, from a person claiming to be in serious trouble. After the heart attack moment, he takes a deep breath. How to prove this is legitimate? First thoughts are asking, "Are you in immediate danger?" "Are you planning to do anything to yourself right now?" "Can you get someplace relatively safe and call me?"

Making a video never even crosses my mind. I'm not contemplating "proof", I'm thinking this person needs help. How can I help them?

BDR had 17 days to figure out how to help SLP. He then had her in his basement lair for 18 additional days. Unless he was going to use that proof, that he coerced SLP into making, there was no chance this was going to end well for SLP.

Mostly IMO with details from CC. (ETA: Not sure if needed)

One of the scariest parts of this to me is that it took only 17 days for him to gain her trust enough for her not only to tell her horrifying secret, send an explicit video of her rape, but for her also to give him her HOME ADDRESS so he could wisk her away to a 'safe' place.

What did this man say to her that allowed him to gain such an important place in her life?

He can't be mentally challenged or unintelligent if he managed to do all of this! JMO (I really hope this came out right!)

Hello Crime Fighters,

I'm working with Ms. Tricia right now to help get Mr. Shaw, SLP's father, to be a verified insider.

<modsnipped>

Hopefully he'll join us today or tomorrow and he can tell you

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the scariest parts of this to me is that it took only 17 days for him to gain her trust enough for her not only to tell her horrifying secret, send an explicit video of her rape, but for her also to give him her HOME ADDRESS so he could wisk her away to a 'safe' place.

What did this man say to her that allowed him to gain such an important place in her life?

He can't be mentally challenged or unintelligent if he managed to do all of this! JMO (I really hope this came out right!)
Maybe he was talking in a vacumn, no one else was talking to her about her situation so his voice was all she heard. He was the ONLY one who seemed to be hearing her.

I am not sure if this has been mentioned but if there needed to be proof then he should have taken her to hospital immediately after the assault as there would be semen. I would think that would be the best proof rather than a video.

Not sure if a condom is entirely foolproof, does anyone know? He would have to take it off at some point.

I am not sure if this has been mentioned but if there needed to be proof then he should have taken her to hospital immediately after the assault as there would be semen. I would think that would be the best proof rather than a video.

Not sure if a condom is entirely foolproof, does anyone know? He would have to take it off at some point.
Geez, I never thought of that, good point !!!

Maybe he was talking in a vacumn, no one else was talking to her about her situation so his voice was all she heard. He was the ONLY one who seemed to be hearing her.
You are so right. He really was the only one hearing what she had to say.

My kids are 9 and 7 and my ears perk up at the slightest thing I hear them say that sounds like adult conversation. I can't even imagine not believing them if something like that was said to me. I can't even fathom.....

She had no one else. JMO

He said he didn't turn the video over to police because it was blurry and he didn't think it would hold up in court. I'd guess that she was hidden because he knew he was going to be in a whole heap of trouble if LE found her.

She was desperate; contemplating suicide.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members