Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if he was bragging about it to people in jail.

He would not brag about what went on in his house though.

That’s partially why I anticipate a plea here, as that aspect will make him look like the creepy weirdo he is.

I think your right, and police report...
Do u really think he wants to be in court with dad/brother/sister.... admit what are likely odd items and horrible facts...

Got in fight with mom, decided that day, to kidnap girl and off her parents. Stole dads gun the next day and 6 of his shells...

Took sisters car and drive to Barron...

If they go over full police report his family is apt to walk out...

I think JP Family gonna force issue and plea.....Plus who knows what other bizzare crap is on his phone ... <modsnipped> or Barry manilow music... gotta be enough reasons for him to avoid trial. You’d hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think your right, and police report...
Do u really think he wants to be in court with dad/brother/sister.... admit what are likely odd items and horrible facts...

Got in fight with mom, decided that day, to kidnap girl and off her parents. Stole dads gun the next day and 6 of his shells...

Took sisters car and drive to Barron...

If they go over full police report his family is apt to walk out...

I think JP Family gonna force issue and plea.....Plus who knows what other bizzare crap is on his phone ... <modsnipped> or Barry manilow music... gotta be enough reasons for him to avoid trial. You’d hope.
Yeah. That’s a solid point.

Even if what specifically went on in his house is off limits (thank God), there are still things that would be deeply embarrassing to him.

The prosecution could go to town on him, and computer and phone records, internet searches, and various other things, could really crush him.

He wouldn’t like this one bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am pretty sure so far he has appointed public defenders. With no income, he would qualify. They also have to give him attorneys that have some expertise in such cases so he cannot claim inadequate representation--meaning they cannot just for instance give him attorneys that have only defended petty crimes. That is how I understand it.

I do not think they can influence him to save the State money either, he is entitled to a trial and all it entails if he wants it.

In my opinion, to the best of my understanding.
That’s correct. This is interesting because WI apparently has the lowest public defender pay rate in the nation- to the point of crisis. The rate is hourly (not salaried) and ranges from $40-$70 per hr. Factors include the nature of the case & if a judge appointed the attorney vs an attorney offered to take the case. Not sure which occurred for JP. Apparently there will be a rate increase, but not ‘till 2020. In a perfect world this would have no bearing, but.... hmmm.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.jsonline.com/amp/579026002

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.jsonline.com/amp/739504002

Ommmg is he grinning? Did they just slam him down in his chair??? (Maybe it just sounded loud)

Rewind!

Cocky SOB!!

Waiving right to preliminary. Court will bind him over for trial.

March 27. 1pm arraignment

Omg was he practically laughing!? Maybe my eyes deceived me.

I want to punch him in his face!!!

No remorse!!!

Smiling like he’s so proud of himself and not concerned!!

OMG!!!

(ETA: MOO)
Catching up tonight and just watched it a little bit ago- my thoughts exactly!! Glad i wasn’t the only one to react this way.

That’s correct. This is interesting because WI apparently has the lowest public defender pay rate in the nation- to the point of crisis. The rate is hourly (not salaried) and ranges from $40-$70 per hr. Factors include the nature of the case & if a judge appointed the attorney vs an attorney offered to take the case. Not sure which occurred for JP. Apparently there will be a rate increase, but not ‘till 2020. In a perfect world this would have no bearing, but.... hmmm.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.jsonline.com/amp/579026002

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.jsonline.com/amp/739504002

Yes, it should not affect representation but one sure has to wonder when one considers the rate for contracted private attorneys. I believe they were appointed but cannot give you an article to prove that offhand--and it is also interesting to me that two were appointed (not one) which I think is unusual(?). If they offered to take the case, they sure do not seem to be seeking publicity (to date anyhow) which lends also to appointment. I believe if there is an income a defendant can be made to pay the state back in small incremental payments. You may know more about that than I would. I was surprised when I learned that they had to consider the nature of the case and expertise awhile back--I thought for some reason they had to accept just any public defender regardless of expertise, knowledge or experience, but that is incorrect...

It felt like a nervous smile due to the whole situation, indicating really poor social skills in the very least. But i detect some cockiness, too. Sheesh- he can’t even ACT solemn or remorseful in this setting!

I think your right, it was odd, he might act the same for speeding tix. One good thing, attorneys have to know, we can’t but this guy on stand, doesn’t come off crazy or abused, just cold.

It felt like a nervous smile due to the whole situation, indicating really poor social skills in the very least. But i detect some cockiness, too. Sheesh- he can’t even ACT solemn or remorseful in this setting!
I know right! I wonder if he was smiling when he was pulled over & said, “I did it”.

Sheesh- he can’t even ACT solemn or remorseful in this setting!

Snipped by me for emphasis.

What this means to me is that the family members in the court room were quiet, respectful but no one sobbed like his dad did earlier with the brother in January.

JP can MIMIC what others are doing. If his dad looks extremely upset and is crying, then JP can take VISUAL CUES from him and act the same way.
If he's as disordered as I think he has to be to do what he did, he's not actually able to FEEL any remorse, sadness, or regret for what he's done.

What he CAN do if he MUST is to watch others and appear to be like them by attempting to do what they did. This is likely how he was able to stay in public education and not be sent to some sort of school for troubled children. He was probably able to see how other children were reacting and react in a similar fashion, and slide on through the system.

Greater social skills are required to attend college, with all the discussion periods in lectures, and the socialization among students is on an adult level, but amplified. He most likely could not make it through college successfully because he's never fit in with his peer group, or likely, not with any other group either.
Likewise, I doubt he could ever keep a job without it being an extremely independent pursuit such as a computer job from home where he could do as much or as little as he cared to do ( emphasis on the " as little" part).

He likely is as full of rage and dysfunction as BTK was when he started killing. I believe they would be a great deal alike if JP were older and hadn't been caught. Thank goodness he was caught before the legacy of terror BTK inflicted could fully form.

This is why he was able to kill JC's parents in cold blood. He lacks normal emotions. Likely he's been " different' in this aspect all his life.

Since DP is not an option in WI, the only thing I can think of that they can offer him in a plea is a sentence with the possibility of parole versus life no possibility of parole. Although I would rather see him just plead guilty for the family's sake , the thought of him ever being allowed to be paroled is sickening.

I wouldn't be surprised if in time, it is used as a rental.
Trying to catch up so I know convo has moved on but still wanted to comment. I have no idea how the family feels or what they may decide. Not having experienced the trauma I don't know what I would think or do. There is a small part of me that thinks it might be beneficial & healing to know another family is living in the home as opposed it being torn down or destroyed. That said, the town reminds me of the one I grew up in many years ago. Small homes and country setting. Over time it became a popular place to buy for people wanting to escape the city but still be within an hour driving distance of jobs. They bought for the land, had the homes demoed, and built beautiful new home

Since DP is not an option in WI, the only thing I can think of that they can offer him in a plea is a sentence with the possibility of parole versus life no possibility of parole. Although I would rather see him just plead guilty for the family's sake , the thought of him ever being allowed to be paroled is sickening.

He is a potential danger to every person in this country if he's free. NO WAY on any parole option, ever!
JMO.

This won’t cross the prosecutor’s mind, nor should it.

A double murdering kidnapper, is never going to be afforded a deal that includes the possibility of parole.

He’s going to get to play a game of “Deal or No Deal,” and all the briefcases will have the same prize.

Life without parole.

I know this is unpopular.
Doesn't make it any less true.
LE dropped the ball, they just flat dropped it.
Fick should have said "hey, there was this maroon car driving in the other direction as we were going to the crime scene."
Who knows what they would have done with that information but it's information that they should have had.
Everyone is saying that it's better this way, JC survived, but what if it wasn't better that way? What is JP would have tired of JC and killed her on day 87? That car was a clue. A clue they should have followed. Yes it's better this way because it all turned out for the best but that doesn't mean LE should just overlook clues in the future because hey, look how well it turned out for JC?
They had a ball. They dropped it. Period.
JMO

Good post, well said Forpsy, 1,000 likes IMO

Maybe to terrorize. Maybe in the off chance that someone survived or that they had some kind of video surveillance system he wasn't aware of.
This is a very odd thought but he may have needed the mask to hide from himself. Hope this makes sense but he was a social outcast and people made him uncomfortable. The mask may have bolstered his self image of being the person he wanted to at the time. It served as a barrier between the loser he was and the Rambo he wanted to be. Sorry if that was confusing. Couldn't think of a better way to say it.

This is a very odd thought but he may have needed the mask to hide from himself. Hope this makes sense but he was a social outcast and people made him uncomfortable. The mask may have bolstered his self image of being the person he wanted to at the time. It served as a barrier between the loser he was and the Rambo he wanted to be. Sorry if that was confusing. Couldn't think of a better way to say it.
I think the mask served two purposes:

To conceal his identity.

To fulfill an aspect of his fantasy.

I think saw himself as some sort of special forces soldier. The black clothing, gloves, and mask, were an important part of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie