CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is for me Chase can not explain away the back dating of the Cheques.

So I don’t like a few people involved in this case and I think Joey unfortunately was taken advantage of by multiple low life’s who took advantage of his good nature. But by the looks of things it was Chase at that home and he would of been the one who back dated the cheques.

Now I don’t believe that this was just down to theft and I am also not convinced all the family was killed in the home. But at we are only on day 16 I guess I have another 5 months to be convinced.

Absolutely, I agree. Backdating checks?? C'mon. Huge red flag.

I wholeheartedly believe Joey fired CM that day over lunch, and said he was reporting CM to authorities for theft and fraud. I believe this because the first 2 checks, CM deposited on 2 Feb and on 4 Feb, Joey discovered it. He called his bank and CM each several times on his way to lunch meeting.

Absolutely, I agree. Backdating checks?? C'mon. Huge red flag.

I wholeheartedly believe Joey fired CM that day over lunch, and said he was reporting CM to authorities for theft and fraud. I believe this because the first 2 checks, CM deposited on 2 Feb and on 4 Feb, Joey discovered it. He called his bank and CM each several times on his way to lunch meeting.

Joey had a lot of custom work needing to be done. Was there another welder waiting in the wings to take over that workload if Chase was fired?

Joey had a lot of custom work needing to be done. Was there another welder waiting in the wings to take over that workload if Chase was fired?

That's a pretty good point... lol I am still unsure if I think he was fired that day or not. If Joey had said something to his Dad that morning... or anyone else who's name did not start with a D and end in AN... I might find it more likely.

I can't verify your question but I'll look into it. IMHO, I believe he would have zero problem getting a replacement. He was an excellent businessman with a myriad of contacts

Interesting...... in regards to the bed of the truck

Reaction of Luminol and Bluestar
https://www.bluestar-forensic.com/pdf/en/Watkins_Brown_luminol_BS.pdf

Clean Up: Testing was also conducted on possible blood stains with bleach as a cleaning agent and the effects of Luminol and BlueStar® Forensic. Both Luminol and BlueStar® Forensic reacted with the bleach with a very short hot reaction (Figure #8), which peaked and then dissipated almost immediately. No difference was noted between the Luminol and the BlueStar® Forensic with the reaction to bleach and not the regular reaction to the blood was detected.

Clean Up: Testing was also conducted on possible blood stains with bleach as a cleaning agent and the effects of Luminol and BlueStar® Forensic. Both Luminol and BlueStar® Forensic reacted with the bleach with a very short hot reaction (Figure #8), which peaked and then dissipated almost immediately. No difference was noted between the Luminol and the BlueStar® Forensic with the reaction to bleach and not the regular reaction to the blood was detected.

The prosecution asked about cleaning supplies. In re-cross, the defense asked if the cab of the truck also "flashed" like the back of the truck. It did not.

That's a pretty good point... lol I am still unsure if I think he was fired that day or not. If Joey had said something to his Dad that morning... or anyone else who's name did not start with a D and end in AN... I might find it more likely.

Joey's business seems to have improved after his partnering with Chase. It's very possible there was another welder, but getting someone up to speed on the specific work Joey did, seems like it would involve a learning curve. Maybe. Maybe not.

What is your take on this, based on what you understand about this type of testing?

It’s a complete farce.

They had Monday off and no Jury in yesterday and today they break at least 2 hours early.

But I mean it’s all ok as they still got their 1 and a half hrs lunch break even though they finished hours early.

In defense of the state, it can be very difficult to correctly schedule the witnesses. Most do not live in SB area, most likely. And at the start of the case, the defense was doing such long cross exams, that they had witnesses waiting and having to come in again the next day.

So it is not surprising that they might be dine an hour early, if the defense is not filling up that entire time to cross. JMO

What is your take on this, based on what you understand about this type of testing?
Describes the reaction when Blue Star was sprayed in the back of the truck bed according to today's witness. Bleach (or another similar chlorine cleaning product) had been used in the bed of the truck.
When I was a crew boss driving 2 of the service trucks that the mobile home transport, setup, and removal company had, it was policy to take them to the self serve car wash once a week. We'd have oil, gas, and hydraulic fluid spills in the bed, sometimes in the side tool boxes. I NEVER had to use bleach on any of it. Just a regular soap wash, maybe 5 minutes with the de-greaser and rinse.

I've never used bleach on ANY truck I've owned and they've all been multi-purpose, mostly 4 x 4's. My husband has never used bleach on HIS service truck. The ONLY wheeled thing I've put a bleach solution on is the floor of our horse trailer that's wood with stall mats.

Anyone out there used bleach on their vehicles?

Describes the reaction when Blue Star was sprayed in the back of the truck bed according to today's witness. Bleach (or another similar chlorine cleaning product) had been used in the bed of the truck.
When I was a crew boss driving 2 of the service trucks that the mobile home transport, setup, and removal company had, it was policy to take them to the self serve car wash once a week. We'd have oil, gas, and hydraulic fluid spills in the bed, sometimes in the side tool boxes. I NEVER had to use bleach on any of it. Just a regular soap wash, maybe 5 minutes with the de-greaser and rinse.

I've never used bleach on ANY truck I've owned and they've all been multi-purpose, mostly 4 x 4's. My husband has never used bleach on HIS service truck. The ONLY wheeled thing I've put a bleach solution on is the floor of our horse trailer that's wood with stall mats.

nope :)

Is this a good point for the defense to bring out? I wouldn’t think so—but maybe there’s different ways to look at it.

Asking about the back of the truck flashing because of cleaning products ... trying to imply it could have been cleaned... so the defense asked about the cab, which didn't flash like it would with cleaning supplies, shows it wasn't cleaned with cleaning supplies, like bleach, etc.

What I took away from the witnesses testimony was... the DEFENSE had to ask him about processing the truck. IMO the prosecutor should have and when they start objecting like they did... it just didn't look good.

IIRC the reaction that they got was not limited to JUST cleaning products. I will have to look to see if the video's are up yet and check :) Will report back lol

IIRC the reaction that they got was not limited to JUST cleaning products. I will have to look to see if the video's are up yet and check :) Will report back lol
I was taking a quote off the link from the Blue Star web page https://www.bluestar-forensic.com/pdf/en/Watkins_Brown_luminol_BS.pdf

It doesn't have comparisons for metal surfaces, only the reaction that both products produce when sprayed on a surface cleaned with bleach. (It's under the caption "Clean Up")

(BTW: It looks like Blue Star is a better product than Luminol, lol!)

So after the jury went home today, the lawyers and judge were discussing other things. At least they used their last hour wisely lol

I made a note on a part of it because we have discussed before that there seems to be a line and we just didn't know where the line was...

From what I heard in regards to DK and what is and isn't allowed.... EIP transactions (I think that's what the judge said) before and after the disappearance, whether they were authorized or not, the sale of the business, and testimony that DK confessed is allowed. DK's background and comments were deemed irrelevant and can not be brought up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla