Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we think back on how some remains have been found it's quite a job this searching. That is why I believe it's so important to have trained searchers.
Mollie T found in a corn field only because her killer led them there. Would her remains have been found in the Fall when they plowed?
Hailey Dunn found by a man walking his dog up in the area the suspect said she would be found.
Morgan Harrington found in a field by a farmer checking his fences after a storm. So many never found. Sad.

But here's the thing I ponder. Were they able to hike to some remote spot in their condition? I know two were able to drive so that says maybe.
The more I ponder the more I lean toward water..a bridge. Pull up, unload and dump. Easy and off they go.
Is there such a fast moving river with a bridge that water is deep and not filled with debris? How many days does it take for a body to rise that has no chains or weights holding it down.
Now the big question. If yes is it one of the ones the search team seems to be focusing on?

We've had quite a bit of rain and the river swells. The water gets very deep. It's possible that they're looking on the river banks, as well as in the water, right now.

When we think back on how some remains have been found it's quite a job this searching. That is why I believe it's so important to have trained searchers.
Mollie T found in a corn field only because her killer led them there. Would her remains have been found in the Fall when they plowed?
Hailey Dunn found by a man walking his dog up in the area the suspect said she would be found.
Morgan Harrington found in a field by a farmer checking his fences after a storm. So many never found. Sad.

Yeah, that training is very important. Not only are they trained to look for certain things, but they're also trained on protocol when it comes to approaching possible evidence. When they see something, they're never sure that they're not approaching a crime scene. You don't want that area or the evidence contaminated. But you're right-a lot of times the people are just found by the public. :-(

But here's the thing I ponder. Were they able to hike to some remote spot in their condition? I know two were able to drive so that says maybe.
The more I ponder the more I lean toward water..a bridge. Pull up, unload and dump. Easy and off they go.
Is there such a fast moving river with a bridge that water is deep and not filled with debris? How many days does it take for a body to rise that has no chains or weights holding it down.
Now the big question. If yes is it one of the ones the search team seems to be focusing on?

We don't know that they were incapacitated. There also was a gap between her disappearance, identifying them and getting a search warrant. Jenna Burleigh's murder in Philly involved her killer taking her body upstate. She met a guy at a bar and her friend felt she was safe and went home. Joshua Hupperterz killed her after she rejected anal sex supposedly. There was a roommate in the apt or house that possibly slept through her murder, and a cousin unknowingly helped move her body. This has some similar elements to Savannah's case. It happened in 2017 and Hupperterz was convicted this year.
Joshua Hupperterz found guilty of killing Temple student Jenna Burleigh, gets life sentence

It seems like I've been seeing more cases where a girl goes out for a night and gets murdered. It's horrible.

Thank you! You've been so helpful answering questions about the area and everything. So if there was an accident they weren't in the middle of nowhere an ambulance could get there within at least 30 minutes?

Yes. I see no reason why an ambulance couldn't have gotten there in less than half an hour. Maybe even 10-15 minutes, depending on where it came from. I think Stanford is probably the closest. A lot of these smaller hospitals don't have operating rooms, meaning the people often have to be transferred to UK hospital or Central Baptist, but there are still trauma centers. Garrard County is rural and has some places that feel like they're out in the middle of nowhere, but these places are still accessible by emergency vehicles.

There would have been no reasonable reason not to call 911 if something happened.

Just like what Burt Reynolds said in Deliverance........"We hide him everywhere, anywhere and nowhere".......

Which also brings to mind one issue (it's not pretty): Bodies usually sink as the lungs fill with water, but later on...decomp will bring them right back up again.....
Everything I've read says a body should have floated by now unless caught on something or weighed down which would increase the time it took to surface.

Everything I've read says a body should have floated by now unless caught on something or weighed down which would increase the time it took to surface.

I think that if her body was put into the river then there's a good chance it got caught on something or washed up on the river bank when the rain hit. In many places along that river, the mud on the banks is so thick that it can go up to your knees. Tons of trees and branches. Garbage that flows along in the water and then gets washed up on the edges. A body could easily get caught on some of those things. When it rains, too, the river gets super fast and carries all kinds of things along.

The location of the Cajun K-9 Search and Rescue vehicle (High Bridge) was taken WAY downriver from the US27 Bridge at Camp Nelson.............Is that where they put the boats in?.....why are they searching that far away?
Where is the High Bridge boat ramp?
ETA: Found it

Last edited:
I am pathetically holding out hope that she's just an overwhelmed Mommy that needed a break- she's young, she just turned 23 the other day. While that hope is diminishing, it's still there.

Did she have custody? Do we know?

Where is the High Bridge boat ramp?

There are two that are near High Bridge and I can't remember which one is state owned and which one is privately owned (but the public can still use it). One site is almost right under the bridge, if I am remembering correctly. It's off Lock 7 and HWY 29. There's a little sandy "beach" area there. Good for fishing. You can also get access to the Dix River (which goes on into Herrington Lake). Shakertown uses one of them for their boat tours. Camp Nelson is around 15 miles or so. It's really pretty paddling under the palisades.

I did contact a mod to see about becoming verified as a local, but the TOS have changed and locals no longer have to be verified.

Locals:
We no longer verify locals. It became way too time consuming and we didn't feel it was necessary. However, if a moderator deems that a poster seems to be more of an insider than a local, we will ask that you become verified before posting information that is not in the mainstream media. Otherwise, you are free to post about your area and what you've observed.

I only know Savannah through other people. I've never met her. I do know quite about about the geography, though, and the culture of the area. I don't have any "inside information", other than knowing what time the searchers are meant to go in and to what general area they're looking.

We don't know that they were incapacitated. There also was a gap between her disappearance, identifying them and getting a search warrant. Jenna Burleigh's murder in Philly involved her killer taking her body upstate. She met a guy at a bar and her friend felt she was safe and went home. Joshua Hupperterz killed her after she rejected anal sex supposedly. There was a roommate in the apt or house that possibly slept through her murder, and a cousin unknowingly helped move her body. This has some similar elements to Savannah's case. It happened in 2017 and Hupperterz was convicted this year.
Joshua Hupperterz found guilty of killing Temple student Jenna Burleigh, gets life sentence

It seems like I've been seeing more cases where a girl goes out for a night and gets murdered. It's horrible.
Yes, it's just sickening. I keep thinking of Cyndi Lauper's " Girls Just Wanna Have Fun ". Women are not truly free in this society.

@rsd1200 might have it. She’s very good at record keeping. You’re right, I think it was even discussed on Inside Edition. How much can she endure? S’s aunt has taken over most of the PR, imo. That’s good for the mom to have a break. Moo

I haven't seen anything about a tbi in MSM, that's not to say I couldn't have missed something.

I haven't seen anything about a tbi in MSM, that's not to say I couldn't have missed something.

I don't remember seeing that either, but I haven't read everything yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82