Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seattle1 - It’s bizarre behavior from JPs father. We are in the very beginning stages of everything in court and to date he’s wrote a letter and now is on television making statements.

For some reason it rubs me the wrong way.

But don’t you think that when defendents’ families say nothing and keep their heads down, it also rubs people up the wrong way.

I think his pain for them, and his part in that, is sincere.

Technically JP can still get out on bail. Highly unlikely but I’m just reminding people how things work. It just amazes me, that’s all. I’m glad I have the brain and mind I do.

What are you watching?

The exclusive ABC video link consists of 2 sentiments by PP:

Please pray for the complete healing of JC's heart, mind, and soul; and apology to her family.

He also thanked LE for their professionalism towards his family. He refused to make any further comments.

I’m thinking of the “defense” of JP. What sort of defense case will his lawyers present since he’s already essentially confessed? In discussing the case with the lawyers, would PP not ask for their advice regarding appropriate action, especially with a network appearance? Did ABC contact PP directly or his lawyers?

I’m thinking out of the box here, not just taking what he said at surface value because some decision making went on behind the scenes in order for this interview to take place. Putting a human face on JP isn’t a bad idea, is it? I’m not doubting that PP is sincere, but it was a major step to appear on Good Morning America.

Seattle1 - It’s bizarre behavior from JPs father. We are in the very beginning stages of everything in court and to date he’s wrote a letter and now is on television making statements.

For some reason it rubs me the wrong way.
I'm sorry, I don't find PP's or (anybody else's) expression of human compassion bizarre.

To my knowledge, his presence has only been known at the hearings. This father wrote a private letter --of which content has and should remain undisclosed, and most recently requested prayers for JC's complete healing. Reportedly, JC is also a child of faith.

I'm sorry you are offended by him.

I’m thinking out of the box here, not just taking what he said at surface value because some decision making went on behind the scenes in order for this interview to take place. Putting a human face on JP isn’t a bad idea, is it? I’m not doubting that PP is sincere, but it was a major step to appear on Good Morning America.

Wisconsin is strange state, there is no death penalty, but jury decides sane vs insanity?? Is that correct ?? And u need 10
Of 12 jurors to accept insanity?? That’s a high bar if that’s what they would eventually try for... I could see that angle , blaming medication, or another Hail Mary, but I don’t see any jury buying anything.

I’m thinking of the “defense” of JP. What sort of defense case will his lawyers present since he’s already essentially confessed? In discussing the case with the lawyers, would PP not ask for their advice regarding appropriate action, especially with a network appearance? Did ABC contact PP directly or his lawyers?

I'm not worried about JP's defense -- he confessed to double homicide in a cold, calculating manner.

I also don't believe his own family seeking anything more than answers from JP, and for him to be punished for his atrocity. Not once have they used a camera moment to defend JP or his actions, or themselves. (No comparison to Chris Watts family).

PP's 25 second sound bite aired on ABC/GMA exclusively, hardly a "network interview" -- but a "get" for the hounding network I'm sure. In fact, background looks like the hallway of the court. (I also believe we saw the reporter pass a note to PP after the hearing). MOO

But don’t you think that when defendents’ families say nothing and keep their heads down, it also rubs people up the wrong way.

I think his pain for them, and his part in that, is sincere.

JP used his fathers gun to murder 2 people in cold blood.. He raised this individual and I do think he must be suffering...

I think he is damned either way with regards to making or not making statements

I know this is unpopular.
Doesn't make it any less true.
LE dropped the ball, they just flat dropped it.
Fick should have said "hey, there was this maroon car driving in the other direction as we were going to the crime scene."
Who knows what they would have done with that information but it's information that they should have had.
Everyone is saying that it's better this way, JC survived, but what if it wasn't better that way? What is JP would have tired of JC and killed her on day 87? That car was a clue. A clue they should have followed. Yes it's better this way because it all turned out for the best but that doesn't mean LE should just overlook clues in the future because hey, look how well it turned out for JC?
They had a ball. They dropped it. Period.
JMO
Your post isn't unpopular for me at all. I feel the very same way. LE totally dropped the ball on way more than the maroon car. I think that my opinion at this time would be exceptionally unpopular so I've been sitting on my hands at this time. I think that some things could be totally impossible for people to accept.

In my opinion he only has 2 avenues. The first being some sort of insanity but he has been pretty competent so far in his appearances with the judge clearly laying question out to him and him answering.

The second would be to attack the criminal complaint. Let me be the first to say that I believe there was plenty to convict him on without all the extra details on the cc with all 3 people in concert with one another in 90% of the cc. I will leave it at that so I dont break any rules here.

Technically JP can still get out on bail. Highly unlikely but I’m just reminding people how things work.

Technically, yes.
To be clear in case anyone doesn't know: Bail in this case is set at a 5 million dollar ( $5,000,000) CASH BAIL.
Not a percentage of 5 million dollars as a lot of bonds are made, but the entire 5 million dollars in cash.

I believe his defense will be schizophrenia. He is the right age for such a diagnosis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288