Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybervampira

Reaction score
Richmond Police Department

MISSING PERSON

The Richmond Police Department is searching for 22-yar old Savannah Spurlock. Savannah was last seen on Friday, 1/4/2019 leaving The Other Bar located at 319 S. Limestone in Lexington, KY. Savannah was last seen leaving the bar with an unknown black male and an unknown white male. The Richmond Police Department is seeking the identity and whereabouts of these two individuals. The white male was seen leaving the area in a black, Chevy S-10 pickup. Please contact the Richmond Police Department with any information at 859-624-4776 or email information to detective@richmond.ky.us

Savannah Spurlock
Shoulder length brown/blond hair
Multiple tattoos including a rose on left shoulder, “I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me” on right side torso, “I’m her daughter” on her back.
Last seen wearing a black sleeveless top and a maroon skirt with heels.

Lt. Col. Rodney Richardson
Assistant Chief of Police
rrichardson@richmond.ky.us

B7339D34-854F-4845-BE58-35A4A78AE174.jpeg 58573D51-C8FC-45BC-88D2-C3419D898F3A.jpeg 7B0F5C21-469F-4046-861F-42EA6D3A61FD.jpeg C2E4A0B2-7F97-4C87-A07A-8D7978DD64FB.jpeg

Richmond police searching for missing woman, two men last seen with her - ABC 36 News

Thread #1
Thread #2

Last edited by a moderator:
My husband hasn't received a call in for tomorrow (well, later today), but that doesn't mean anything. He usually knows the night before, but it could just be that they're only focusing on the water tomorrow. In the summertime he'll help search the river banks with kayaks, but the river's too big right now to have the kayaks out there. He doesn't usually assist with the actual water searching. There usually isn't enough room on the boats for more than a handful of people.

I hope they both find something and not find something. My child is dead, but at least I know where he is. I couldn't imagine having one who is missing, no matter how old they were.

CCSAR leaving Tuesday.
[Up until Thursday, the Cajun Coast Search and Rescue team hasn’t said how long they will stay in town, but now say they have to leave next Tuesday.

"It's making me want to double up on the hours I'm putting out in the field right now because I know I have a timeline now that I have to leave," Wade said. "It's very frustrating. It'd difficult for us to leave a case with questions unanswered because we're going to get home and beat ourselves up."]
Savannah Spurlock: Search for woman intensifies as search team’s time grows short

Sorry if previously posted. Seeing theSAR team the dog searching and going through water gives me hope SS will be found.

I think she will. I hate it that the Cajuns are leaving, but there's still another week of state search. There have been a few local groups organizing, too. They're not professionals, but at least it will keep the interest up.

Number 2 from SS's friends interview at bottom:
We really don't know what SS was going through but it reminded me of something I went through years ago that caused me to look for information. After adopting a teen who was one the of the most well behaved, polite, and kindest child I'd ever met she became pregnant at 16. She was a responsible and amazing mom. About 10 months later I was devastated to find out she was pregnant again. She came from a troubled past which no doubt attributed to the pregnancies but she did share with me that she felt like trash and thought no guy would ever want her after having the 1st baby so she fell for the first guy that showed interest and became pregnant again. Reading about it there are many women who are driven to have babies. A few examples from the linked article:
  • {Some of the women were suffering with depression or panic attacks and yet when their youngest child became a toddler, they wanted another baby. These women can be driven to have more children in an effort to make up for some sort of void or loss, usually from their own unhappy childhood}
  • {having babies to complete something in yourself that never got completed)
  • {Babies — all new and cherubic and completely enthralled with their mothers — can bring profound joy. But when they enter toddlerhood and start developing independence and a mind of their own, some mothers miss the intenseness of the newborn period and want another baby even though that’s not in the best interests of the family}
My point? People assume that wanting sex is the reason unmarried women have babies and give unfair labels to the mothers. It's much easier to make a quick judgment than to think a little deeper as to why. But if you don't really know someone you can't fairly say either. My daughter could have been destroyed by the things people said about her. It may even have caused her to become who people were saying she was. But she overcame and grew to be an amazing & happy wife & mother. She worked hard to attain 2 college degrees (all while being a dedicated wife & mother), is very active in serving the community and is very well adjusted. Savannah has the same opportunity if found. I'm not posting this because I think people here are judging here. It's generally quite the opposite. I'm posting this after reading SS's friends comments in hopes of enlightening .

From linked article SS friend
“I think it’s crazy that people have the audacity to go on there [social media] and bash her when, No. 1, you don’t know what the girl was going through. No. 2, you don’t personally know her and, No. 3, this very well could have been your family,” Speratos said}
Savannah Spurlock: Best friend says missing mom of twins is not on drugs, rarely goes out and ‘would have jumped’ from car before going to rural area with 3 men
Here is an article that explains more if anyone is interested:
Some women driven to ‘baby addiction’
Sorry for the long post
Its all JMHO
BBM

Last edited:
I think she will. I hate it that the Cajuns are leaving, but there's still another week of state search. There have been a few local groups organizing, too. They're not professionals, but at least it will keep the interest up.
I dread them leaving too. I saw one of the team members post on Cajun Coast Search & Rescue Team
that Toney looks exhausted. I wouldn't be surprised if part of it is having to leave. I think he would stay indefinitely and keep searching if possibly. JMO

Thank you, @BlinkOfAnI Those are all really good points.

Savannah basically had babies back to back. She has a 2 year old and twins, so there wasn't more than about a year in between. I did that myself (my child that died and my youngest daughter are on year apart, almost to the day) and it was very hard on the body and mind. I struggled and others who have done similar have as well. I try not to judge people by actions that don't make a lot of sense to me because you just never know what their motivation may be-or what their frame of mind could be at the time.

The judgment in this crime is super harsh and it's unfair.

I dread them leaving too. I saw one of the team members post on Cajun Coast Search & Rescue Team
that Toney looks exhausted. I wouldn't be surprised if part of it is having to leave. I think he would stay indefinitely and keep searching if possibly. JMO

I believe he would, too, if he could. Yesterday I said that I expected them to leave at the end of the weekend. My husband was out all day yesterday. He didn't come in until after dark, but others were still out. Searching is exhausting. I've only done it once myself and I'm not sure I could do it again. Even with the fairly nice weather yesterday, it was still foggy and damp, especially on the water. Today is super cold with the windchill.

I DO wish they could've received more funds. IMO some of them reached into their own pockets to keep the search going.

I don't know if this would be interesting to any of you, but I have attached the Kentucky Procedures for Missing Persons cases.

The doc was current as of 2013. I couldn't find a anything that's been revised since then.

Attachments

• KentuckyMissingPersons.pdf
    242.4 KB · Views: 20
I don't know if this would be interesting to any of you, but I have attached the Kentucky Procedures for Missing Persons cases.

The doc was current as of 2013. I couldn't find a anything that's been revised since then.

Thanks! This is what I was explaining about search groups last night regarding the training and protocols. Except this does a better job of it. :)

I don't understand the news regarding her purse and cell phone. The purse they have photographed does not look like the purse she was wearing when she went missing. What's the significance of the photographed purse in the news?

I'm new to this site and so far it looks like a good platform to communicate and bounce theories of each other. I live in the Pacific North West and I just heard about this case. I'm frustrated that the police arent saying more after talking with the 3 men, however I understand them having to hold on to info to build a case, after a month I would think they might let more details out other than they drove to the house and 1 man says she left in the morning, what did the other 2 men say? I also read that SS left the bar with 3 men and 1 vehicle was following the other then, later I read shes in 1 car and theirs 2 people in the back seat 1 girl 1 guy is their any validity to the latter scenerio? If so did anyone talk with the girl that was in the back seat. I saw a reporter knock on the door of the house in question but nobody answered, has anyone followed up to question the people that live there? I'm sure somewhere some of these questions have been answered and I apologize in advance for not reading every thread I did manage to get through about 30 pages before feeling the need to burst because of the many questions that seem to have no answers.

I see they've put out a picture of her phone and purse so that if anyone has found them or does find them they will contact authorities.
In information put out with the pictures of her phone and purse, some articles also mentioned her wallet, which was left in her car along with her coat. I'm pretty sure this wallet is the purse they've reported that was left in the car and that had some of us confused and discussing whether she had gone back to her car before going out of town with the men.

Still not thinking the dogs would have been able to pick up Savannah's scent at the home while she was alive because it had been weeks before they used the dogs and a lot of foot traffic in that area which destroys the scent. Cadaver dogs would have smelled a dead body and wonder if they found anything at the home?

As far as the names of the three men, authorities gave out the address of a home they searched so we know people looked up the address and connected that name to the three men. Could be the reason for them not giving out more information on the next search they say they did on another home. I'm still not certain of the home she was at and if it was the home they've pictured where the car was towed away. I'm understanding they searched two homes.

I read in the 2nd thread Savannah's Mom is reading the threads about Savannah here on this forum. Hoping she is holding up as well as anyone could in such an emotional time. So sorry that you, the family, friends of Savannah and of course Savannah herself are going through this. Hopefully Savannah is alive and will be found soon. I have several theories and am not sure of anything as far as what happened to cause Savannah to be missing. I'm holding onto hope she did leave the home and is out there somewhere and will be found alive. We know of missing persons cases where this has happened and we sure don't know it will not happen in this case. God is there for all of you and let God give you strength right now. Let your faith carry you through this difficult time. Thinking of you everyday and praying for answers and for Savannah to be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288