Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he’s innocent, he needs the police to find Libby. If he’s guilty, the police need to find Libby or get a confession. If he trains in those fields with his sports club and has already admitted to having her in his car, then any evidence placing him in the fields (if it transpires that’s where a crime took place) or placing Libby in his car (unless it’s blood) is circumstantial.

Interesting point. It would be good to know if his English is fluent. An interaction between someone who is intoxicated and upset and someone with an accent and limited English language could be challenging/ lead to miscommunication.

A news article said a neighbor was asked to call the landlord for his wife because her English isn't good. He works at the same place as her, it seems to employ a lot of foreign workers.

We don't know how good his English is but I don't think it needs to be good based on his job. We know his wife doesn't speak much English though

I assume the police are using the extension in the hopes that they will find Libby either alive or dead and therefore have a large amount of evidence with which to charge him. I doubt they are looking for anything else at this point.

It's strange because I was following the Kelsey Berreth case prior to this, and I remember thinking 'you couldn't get away with it in the UK, there would be too much CCTV, it's too built up' etc.

:(

I could be way off with my current theory- but I wonder if he did pick her up, did drive her (possibly to the park), something happened from either party and she made a run for it in the dark. Drunk and disorientated in the pitch black across parkland, she could have ended up falling into the river or lakes. The running man?, did he think he was running after her?

Regarding the trainers found , as we know nothing about her footwear.... but do girls now where trainers instead of heels on a night out ? Just asking if this has become more normal as my 16 year old would put a nice skirt on to go to a party but more often than not she’d wear trainers with it rather than nice shoes

The search area seems small so I am surprised that they haven't identified any other places to search for Libby.

Would his sat nav track him?

If he was using an Android phone with Google maps it would if his location was on at the time. But I don't think it's a hundred percent accurate. Might track him to within a few streets of where hes been though.

For me, it's all still about how he would have got her in the car if it were him. If it were me and I got home and I realised I had no key and no phone and was a bit drunk my instinct would be to go somewhere busier where there's cctv and may possibly spot someone else I knew going back to the uni nearby. Now there's still no way I'd get into a random man's car even if drunk however as someone pointed out on the last thread, there is a possibility by that point that I would be busting for the loo and if someone said 'I know somewhere where you can nip behind a bush, it's nice and open so you won't be trapped in a room with me whaddaya say?' I would seriously considering following him there. Maybe once there he fancied his chances and she was having none of it.

Regarding the trainers found , as we know nothing about her footwear.... but do girls now where trainers instead of heels on a night out ? Just asking if this has become more normal as my 16 year old would put a nice skirt on to go to a party but more often than not she’d wear trainers with it rather than nice shoes

On the missing leaflets apparently it said she was wearing vans

RSBM I imagine his conversational English will be fine given he holds down a job etc but more formal English in a stressful setting might be an issue.

His wide works there too yet her English is sufficiently poor that she asked a neighbour to call the landlord about a broken fence panel. If PR’s English was good, you’d expect he’d have called.

They've had the car for a while now though surely they would have found evidence that a dead body had been in it and would have had something to hold him on suspicion of murder rather than abduction?

But I agree he could have done anything with the body really because he had almost a week.
I have been following this case pretty closely. Did I miss the bit where the police have said she was in his car or is that an unconfirmed rumor from other SM sources?

This is the only source for that: the sister allegedly said this: Libby Squire: Sister of butcher held over missing student reveals he comforted her on night she vanished - but insists he's innocent

Last edited:
Student raped by Polish men Roman Smentek and Krzysztof Drozdz demands they are deported | Daily Mail Online

Interesting article - gave me cause to think about the Sat Nav element. I wonder did he type the wrong address into it. Miscommunication due to drunkeness? Maybe this was why we originally saw the police examining number 15 instead of Libby’s house. What time did the students see her get out of a taxi? I can’t see an actual time on the MSN accounts? Could they have perhaps been seeing Libby exiting P’s car (mistaking it for a taxi, perhaps retrospectively assuming it was a taxi after hearing from news reports that she was last seen getting into one) getting to her front door, realising it was the wrong house and then stumbling down the street to find the correct one...

For me, it's all still about how he would have got her in the car if it were him. If it were me and I got home and I realised I had no key and no phone and was a bit drunk my instinct would be to go somewhere busier where there's cctv and may possibly spot someone else I knew going back to the uni nearby. Now there's still no way I'd get into a random man's car even if drunk however as someone pointed out on the last thread, there is a possibility by that point that I would be busting for the loo and if someone said 'I know somewhere where you can nip behind a bush, it's nice and open so you won't be trapped in a room with me whaddaya say?' I would seriously considering following him there. Maybe once there he fancied his chances and she was having none of it.
She may well have got in willingly. She was cold and probably very tired, and maybe somehow he got her to trust him. I think he probably then took her to the park with one thing on his mind, she resisted (hence the screams), at which point he panicked and decided he needed to shut her up.

She was supposedly wearing Vans and IMO it’s common for young women to wear trainers/flats to clubs, especially if the weather is bad and/or they’re tall, as Libby is

The search area seems small so I am surprised that they haven't identified any other places to search for Libby.

Would his sat nav track him?
If you have a Google account and are logged in, or you have a Google phone, your location history and activity history are stored in your account settings which the police could view on your phone or a PC (assuming you gave them your password). It is accurate enough from personal experience that you could tell what house you were in or in front of. In my car my Sat Nav stores the last 20 entered addresses and you could easily see where I have been by starting the car and looking.

She was supposedly wearing Vans and IMO it’s common for young women to wear trainers/flats to clubs, especially if the weather is bad and/or they’re tall, as Libby is

Eeee, when I were a lass we weren't even allowed in clubs with trainers on!

If she was wearing Vans then the trainers found today aren't hers. Probably not his either. Most likely left behind from some sort of sports practice and unconnected to the case.

He may not have been operating alone. He could have had a pal with him in the car and together they forced Libby into the car. I just can't imagine a young woman willingly getting into a male stranger's car under any circumstances. If he forced her into the car, he knows there'll be evidence of Libby on his clothing. His sister has provided his 'defence' for this.

I am wondering if this small body of water at Oak Road playing fields directly behind the allotments which is secluded and surrounded by trees has been searched. Off the photos on HDM the searches seem to be in open areas, covering bushy areas. Hope they check this place as it's slightly out of the way of the main areas of the playing fields.

Attachments

• oak.jpg
    oak.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 12
Eeee, when I were a lass we weren't even allowed in clubs with trainers on!.

Really? I’ve had the best of nights clubbing until 6am in my trainers :)

On a serious note, I stand by what I say in that I am point blank refusing to form an opinion until I see a charge. But seeing the police have had an extension of time to question means they have something fairly substantial on their books - otherwise CPS would not have allowed the extension, that’s fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo