Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you entirely he can offer sympathy and condolences after his son has been sentenced now is not the appropriate time.

Why do you feel now is not the appropriate time? I feel any time is appropriate to offer sympathy and condolences. If he waits, people would say "Man, I can't believe he isn't saying anything to offer sympathy to her family. What a rude and uncaring man."

The Aunt guardianship was a given considering her long and close relationship with JC once she was free.

My curiosity is with the GAL for JC that was appointed a week of so after the parents murder. Do the tasks the GAL would do now passed over to the Aunt; or does the GAL continue while JC is a minor?
I believe it depends on how WI handles guardianships. I have seen the GAL stay on during the guardianship to represent the Ward (in this case, JC) and to make sure the Guardian is caring properly for the Ward. If there is money involved, that generally is petitioned to be placed in a locked, restricted account and any withdrawals have to go through the Judge. I do not know how it works in WI. If the Ward has a parent/spouse (generally this is if they are judged incapacitated) the GAL appointment is only until the Guardianship Letters are issued. Again, I do not know WI - this is how I have seen it work where I am located. JMO.

ETA: We can check the docket if guardianships are public?

That's right. So, "technically", he can't get out on bail. As far as we know, the family has nothing even close to this, and if they did, he'd probably be out.
I hope no one thought I was being contentious, I was stating how the bail would have to be paid as ordered by the judge. Some people might have missed the requirements for the bail. I'm very sorry if there was a misunderstanding in some way.
Respectfully, IMO.

Hi fellow WS’rs. I have been gone for 3 weeks with no internet access so trying to catch up
So far I see no further charges filed in Douglas county, JP waived right to PH. JP father did short interview stating prayers for JC and apology
Anything else that I missed?
Thanks in advance

Hi fellow WS’rs. I have been gone for 3 weeks with no internet access so trying to catch up
So far I see no further charges filed in Douglas county, JP waived right to PH. JP father did short interview stating prayers for JC and apology
Thanks in advance

Well.... Not sure if you heard about the SLP case? Not as gruesome, but just as gut wrenching. Two men are in jail for this one. And the details in the Criminal Complaint are horrifying. To put it mildly. I'm not sure if this is OT to the question you asked? Feel free to disregard as I don't want to give anyone nightmares:

Found Safe - TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #4 *ARRESTS*

IMO JMO + Link :)

Once I saw where the Watts parents were headed, I shut it down and stopped watching/ listening. There was no need to listen to them rant.

As far as Mr. Patterson's comments about JC, MAYBE those attorneys have told him not to say this, which they really had no right to do, but, IMO, if he had ever said the word " Sorry" at any time it would mean a lot more to me when followed by his words of " Praying for all of you" and " I hope J.C. heals in mind, soul and body".

" I am sorry" are three of the most powerful words we can ever say in sincerity. Something which shows Patterson family is sorry about what JP did and has admitted many times that he did.

An apology is not truly an apology without the unqualified expression of regret, and the words " I am sorry" seem to be very hard for many people to say, when, if heartfelt, they are powerful.

During the funeral services for James and Denise Closs, I'm sure MANY friends who obviously are so kind and innocent went to the family and said " I'm so very sorry for your losses" and some maybe emotional who could only say " I'm so sorry". It's happened to me many times when very aged family members passed away of a natural death at the expected age. Most of us can probably recall the same sincere and well meant simple expression of sorrow. It certainly didn't imply any guilt.
I'm not hearing " I'm sorry" from any Patterson, and this is still the foundation of a conciliatory statement of regret and hope for this child's losses, then come the statements of hope for her future.

This is not my opinion. It is factual as to what an apology means.
“I'm very sorry for everything that has happened."

Patterson's father: Pray for Jayme Closs and her family

Once I saw where the Watts parents were headed, I shut it down and stopped watching/ listening. There was no need to listen to them rant.

As far as Mr. Patterson's comments about JC, MAYBE those attorneys have told him not to say this, which they really had no right to do, but, IMO, if he had ever said the word " Sorry" at any time it would mean a lot more to me when followed by his words of " Praying for all of you" and " I hope J.C. heals in mind, soul and body".

" I am sorry" are three of the most powerful words we can ever say in sincerity. Something which shows Patterson family is sorry about what JP did and has admitted many times that he did.

An apology is not truly an apology without the unqualified expression of regret, and the words " I am sorry" seem to be very hard for many people to say, when, if heartfelt, they are powerful.

During the funeral services for James and Denise Closs, I'm sure MANY friends who obviously are so kind and innocent went to the family and said " I'm so very sorry for your losses" and some maybe emotional who could only say " I'm so sorry". It's happened to me many times when very aged family members passed away of a natural death at the expected age. Most of us can probably recall the same sincere and well meant simple expression of sorrow. It certainly didn't imply any guilt.
I'm not hearing " I'm sorry" from any Patterson, and this is still the foundation of a conciliatory statement of regret and hope for this child's losses, then come the statements of hope for her future.

This is not my opinion. It is factual as to what an apology means.

Below is first info on Patrick Patterson... I get what your saying... I think he tried to say at first... and there’s no manual to apologize for sociopath children ...

I think he is trying to balance apologies... show his true love for son.. and keep jake open enough to listen to him ... at some point I’d think family will force issue in 2/3 weeks... u need to plead out.. we will visit ..
I think if u had death penalty it’s an easy plead... still think he pleads ..or hope.so soon..

—————

Patrick Patterson, the father of 21-year-old suspect Jake Patterson, sent a handwritten note to Jayme's family expressing sorrow and shame at the murder of her parents and her kidnapping.

"He wanted my family to know that he was sorry and he was crying," Jayme's cousin Jodie Arnold told Inside Edition.

Thanks in advance

Nope, I think you're up to speed!

Sheriff Fitzgerald and Chris Kroeze, voice contestant, will be honored as heroes for involvement in a selfless act of courage and kindness during the past year. The Sheriff's award is "the Hero of a Lifetime" honor. Honored by the NW WI Chapter of the American Red Cross.

Heroes among us: Fitzgerald and Kroeze to be recognized

I was wrong, and I'm sorry. Thank you @sumzero !
At the end of this statement, Mr. Patrick Patterson does say he's sorry:
Patrick Patterson, father of Jake Patterson, spoke exclusively to ABC News. Patterson's father: Pray for Jayme Closs and her family

"I most definitely want Jayme's family to know, everyone to know that our hearts are broken for their family," Patterson said. "I would like to humbly ask people to pray for a complete healing of Jayme's heart, mind, and soul. And I would also ask for people to pray for that for their entire family. I'm very sorry for everything that has happened."

BBM.
I believe what I saw did not have the last sentence, or he was turning away from the reporters as he said it, but I did miss it.
I was wrong.
I have immense respect and also sorrow for him. This was a very compassionate thing to say in the midst of his own different type of pain.

God bless and help all who were hurt by JP to heal.

It is. Initially, the family was criticized on this very forum for not making a public statement. The first time he spoke wasn’t really a public statement. Media simply caught him trying to deliver a note through LE to the family. Now that he makes his first actual public statement, some of those same people are losing their minds.

This man did not commit murder. A 21 year old man who shares some of his DNA did.

Amen.

But don’t you think that when defendents’ families say nothing and keep their heads down, it also rubs people up the wrong way.

I think his pain for them, and his part in that, is sincere.

I agree Mimi.
JP's Dad is in shock.
He still loves his son, cannot believe what has happened, and certainly feels for the Close family.
It is his way of expressing himself, during these times.
MOO.

Why do you feel now is not the appropriate time? I feel any time is appropriate to offer sympathy and condolences. If he waits, people would say "Man, I can't believe he isn't saying anything to offer sympathy to her family. What a rude and uncaring man."

JP's father, who loves his son, is certainly feeling horrid due to his son's actions.
He is expressing himself, showing empathy towards the Closs family, unlike his son.
All this is happening, and is revealing his feelings.
Poor man.
MOO.

Looking at the huge spectrum of human behavior and crime just in my lifetime, and cases like JP's involving heinous crimes against multiple victims, I want to ask my fellow sleuths who have such vast knowledge of what happens after an arrest and charging:
Has there been a case in modern times where a total stranger to the accused and the victim or victims paid a bail such as this case's $5,000,000 bail because they believed the person was innocent, or wanted to make a statement, or were simply very wealthy and likely unhinged?

I don't know of any, but I don't usually follow most high profile crimes through the stages past " He pleaded guilty in court".

Also, does the person posting bail of $5,000,000 in this hypothetical instance have to assume responsibility for the person? How do you assume responsibility for a functional ( if very dangerous and unstable) adult's actions, exactly, in the court's eyes? What if the person posting the bail falls into the category of " extremely wealthy but definitely not thinking like the rest of us would?"

Last edited:

It just doesn’t seem right to me to be offering sympathy and condolences when his son is currently continuing to put the Closs family through an extremely stressful situation by proceeding to trial. His Father knows that some members of the Closs family did not appreciate him writing a letter and he should respect this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle