Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the trainers found , as we know nothing about her footwear.... but do girls now where trainers instead of heels on a night out ? Just asking if this has become more normal as my 16 year old would put a nice skirt on to go to a party but more often than not she’d wear trainers with it rather than nice shoes

Yes, it's very common to wear trainers on a night out!

I am wondering if this small body of water at Oak Road playing fields directly behind the allotments which is secluded and surrounded by trees has been searched. Off the photos on HDM the searches seem to be in open areas, covering bushy areas. Hope they check this place as it's slightly out of the way of the main areas of the playing fields.

From the satellite view they look like a children's splash park.

Really? I’ve had the best of nights clubbing until 6am in my trainers :)

On a serious note, I stand by what I say in that I am point blank refusing to form an opinion until I see a charge. But seeing the police have had an extension of time to question means they have something fairly substantial on their books - otherwise CPS would not have allowed the extension, that’s fact.
If his sister is admitting to the media that Libby was in the car, presumably that's what he's telling the police too. That would make him the last person to see her alive - would that be enough for the extension? If he's still pleading innocence, he must be claiming that Libby got out again at some point and that he left her alive and well. Could the police apply for an extension to check out his version of events?

If you have a Google account and are logged in, or you have a Google phone, your location history and activity history are stored in your account settings which the police could view on your phone or a PC (assuming you gave them your password). It is accurate enough from personal experience that you could tell what house you were in or in front of. In my car my Sat Nav stores the last 20 entered addresses and you could easily see where I have been by starting the car and looking.

I agree that it's generally very accurate, but you can definitely turn off the location tracking for Google.

Hi everyone, I don't know if it's just the wording (possibly) but just going through the daily mail's updated article and it states that his mum was unaware that he was a part time taxi driver. Is that just saying he had no reason to drop her off anywhere as he isn't a taxi driver?

Hi everyone, I don't know if it's just the wording (possibly) but just going through the daily mail's updated article and it states that his mum was unaware that he was a part time taxi driver. Is that just saying he had no reason to drop her off anywhere as he isn't a taxi driver?

Interesting

I wonder if he's claiming to operate a taxi now? Could be an illegal thing, I suppose. Money may be tight with his wife on leave. So he drives around and offers rides for money. I accidentally rode with one of these sketchy companies in Boston

We do need to keep in mind that his family doesn't speak English as their first language. Will be easy to misinterpret their statements

I am wondering if this small body of water at Oak Road playing fields directly behind the allotments which is secluded and surrounded by trees has been searched. Off the photos on HDM the searches seem to be in open areas, covering bushy areas. Hope they check this place as it's slightly out of the way of the main areas of the playing fields.

I see where you mean - natural pond surrounded by trees and bushes, 100m south of the man made splash pools. I hope that area has been searched.

Interesting

I wonder if he's claiming to operate a taxi now? Could be an illegal thing, I suppose. Money may be tight with his wife on leave. So he drives around and offers rides for money. I accidentally rode with one of these sketchy companies in Boston

We do need to keep in mind that his family doesn't speak English as their first language. Will be easy to misinterpret their statements
Maybe it's his cover story and he told his family that.

Different image of the body of water I am referring to. It's not the skate park or splash pools. A very secluded small lake surrounded by thick undergrowth and large trees. Very visible on google maps.

Attachments

• Oak 2.jpg
    Oak 2.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 27
To get a custodial extension is as simple as the police managing to convince a magistrate that it is justified to enable the proper gathering of evidence - this is dependant upon the individual magistrate but the required threshold is not particularly high.
I read very little into an application for custodial extension...its just the legal way to fiddle with the P.A.C.E clock.

I would point out here that the role of police here as in any case, should be to gather evidence...nothing more and nothing less.
Many many police officers do not seem to understand that this is their role.

I hear way too many police officers giving opinion upon guilt or innocence and all manner of other things.
They should gather evidence - the C.P.S are responsible for the next step.
If the police stuck to this more closely, they may not need to apply for so many custodial extensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spartan12!!