AL - Mall shooting leaves 1 dead, 2 wounded, Hoover, 24 Nov 2018

From the link above -

“The video tells the whole story,” the Bradford’s family attorney, Benjamin Crump, said. “He was running away, like everybody else.” Crump said Bradford ran almost 50 feet, before realizing his friend wasn’t with him. “He took his gun out and went back, trying to protect his friend,” Crump said.

“E.J. Bradford had absolutely nothing to do with the initial altercation… The video is enough, Mr. Marshall,” Crump said.

Crump also said the officers stated in the AG’s report they didn’t give Bradford any verbal warning. “We don’t have any evidence whatsoever that EJ ever knew the police officers were there whatsoever," he said.

Interesting lesson here imo - don't run back when a shooting occurs, regardless of the circumstances. Just keep going and save yourself.

EJ was running and brandishing a gun in an area where people were being shot. Signs were clearly posted that guns were not allowed in the mall. He disobeyed the rules and took the risk and paid with his life.he was not a hero.

Last edited:
From the link above -

“The video tells the whole story,” the Bradford’s family attorney, Benjamin Crump, said. “He was running away, like everybody else.” Crump said Bradford ran almost 50 feet, before realizing his friend wasn’t with him. “He took his gun out and went back, trying to protect his friend,” Crump said.

“E.J. Bradford had absolutely nothing to do with the initial altercation… The video is enough, Mr. Marshall,” Crump said.

Crump also said the officers stated in the AG’s report they didn’t give Bradford any verbal warning. “We don’t have any evidence whatsoever that EJ ever knew the police officers were there whatsoever," he said.

Interesting lesson here imo - don't run back when a shooting occurs, regardless of the circumstances. Just keep going and save yourself.

ITA. The protests are starting back up & I can’t understand the point of them anymore. I’m scared to go anywhere around the area that the mall is. Last night they were burning flags & pushing the racially motivated narrative that they’ve had from day 1 (the protestors).

Link includes video of flag burning protest.

VIDEO: Protest in Hoover over AG's Galleria shooting report

ITA. The protests are starting back up & I can’t understand the point of them anymore. I’m scared to go anywhere around the area that the mall is. Last night they were burning flags & pushing the racially motivated narrative that they’ve had from day 1 (the protestors).

I live a few miles from there & I am also afraid of what kind of stuff they are going to do.They have also threatened to protest at the schools, elementary, middle & high school in Hoover. This scares me to death because my children go to Hoover city schools & I am afraid for their safety & that of their friends & schoolmates.

The main protester CCJ is nothing but a troublemaker, before this, he started trouble in a police station in downtown Birmingham last year & ended up being arrested. He recorded the whole thing including himself trying to escalate a situation to get a rise & reaction out of the deputies that he was recording, they didn't bite but he got arrested. He uses the guise as a "reporter" & other things to cover stories & turn them into racially charged events he can get publicity. Link to this story below:
Video shows Fairfield police officer punching man; activists demand firing
The (apparent) many lives of self-proclaimed Hoover civil rights champ Carlos Chaverst, Jr. - Yellowhammer News

I live a few miles from there & I am also afraid of what kind of stuff they are going to do.They have also threatened to protest at the schools, elementary, middle & high school in Hoover. This scares me to death because my children go to Hoover city schools & I am afraid for their safety & that of their friends & schoolmates.

The main protester CCJ is nothing but a troublemaker, before this, he started trouble in a police station in downtown Birmingham last year & ended up being arrested. He recorded the whole thing including himself trying to escalate a situation to get a rise & reaction out of the deputies that he was recording, they didn't bite but he got arrested. He uses the guise as a "reporter" & other things to cover stories & turn them into racially charged events he can get publicity. Link to this story below:
The (apparent) many lives of self-proclaimed Hoover civil rights champ Carlos Chaverst, Jr. - Yellowhammer News

CCJ is a joke! He publicizes his every move on SM, in advance & includes a date & time, then tags every media outlet in the area. Ridiculous!

This was in no way a racially motivated shooting IMO.

The “hero with a gun”, EJ aka Li Glock, on Facebook

I’m for gun rights but it not a good idea to reenter a hot area with a gun

Also I read he was part of a fight that led to the shooting

Well, he didn’t exactly reenter. As you said, he was a part of the original (planned) fight.

“surveillance video showed Bradford standing with a gun after Brian Wilson was shot and wounded”

“Roosevelt Poole, a friend of Brown, testified that two groups of men met up at the mall near a shoe store after Bradford sent him a Facebook message asking about their location.”

Testimony: Man shot by Alabama police held gun over victim

Here’s the entire report from the AG, including photos.

https://ago.alabama.gov/Documents/news/Hoover/Report.pdf

Not sure why some are bringing up the race card. There is much more to this shooting than that.

Life seems rather cheap now in the US imo and people are better off staying away. My spouse has to go there at least once per year - I hate every minute of it, especially since he is quite deaf. I can see him coming home in a box from there some day.

The family and the protestors are the ones bringing up the race card. It doesn't matter what color EJ was. He was brandishing a gun during a mall shooting, on property where firearms are forbidden. The end result would have been the same regardless of his race.

The family and the protestors are the ones bringing up the race card. It doesn't matter what color EJ was. He was brandishing a gun during a mall shooting, on property where firearms are forbidden. The end result would have been the same regardless of his race.

I couldn’t agree with this more & I really wish this wasn’t the case.

CCJ is a joke! He publicizes his every move on SM, in advance & includes a date & time, then tags every media outlet in the area. Ridiculous!

This was in no way a racially motivated shooting IMO.

The “hero with a gun”, EJ aka Li Glock, on Facebook
ITA! Glad I am not the only one!

I live not too far from there as well. My oldest son was at The Galleria Wednesday. Its sad that our kids can't even go outside without the risk of being murdered. CCJ shouldn't have even been on the streets! I'm truly not sure if protesters or Coronavirus are much dangerous right now!

Do you think the cop would have shot a white man three times in the back? According to the article posted the victim was not the only one holding a gun.

I live not too far from there as well. My oldest son was at The Galleria Wednesday. Its sad that our kids can't even go outside without the risk of being murdered. CCJ shouldn't have even been on the streets! I'm truly not sure if protesters or Coronavirus are much dangerous right now!
I am so sorry that your son had to go through that! They were protesting at city hall again today, mostly whit people & holding up signs that said release the video. To my understanding, the people were shot before any cops were on the scene. It is just a sad, terrible situation for all & it won't stop until people have more respect for life & stop pulling a gun every time they think they are "disrespected" or slighted in the least bit! An 8-year-old boy lost his life yesterday over something he had no control over! Humans need to change & be better, IMO, nobody has respect for anything anymore & they don't appreciate the value of life. Sorry for the rant, but that little boy's tragic & untimely death upsets & angers me.

I was out with my daughter & my husband called me from work to make sure that I hadn't stopped by my favorite food outlet in the mall for food. I can only imagine how panicked he was when he first heard about the shooting. I actually went to the mall a couple of days before this with my daughter to stop by Claire's, both of my children have friends who work at the mall & they checked in with them & they were fine. After this, we will no longer go inside the actual mall area & we will only visit 1 store that has its own entrance & exit, I can't risk my family's safety or my own for something trivial. Sorry if this doesn't make sense, it is late. JMO!

Here is an article about the little boy who was killed at the galleria recently. There is a quote from CCJ that I find interesting. His narrative has completely changed from EJ Bradford's shooting & death. There were protesters outside city hall the next day with signs that read "release the video", but I guess CCJ is satisfied with the single arrest so far in this recent case of Royta Giles.
‘His life matters too’: 8-year-old Royta Giles will not be forgotten, family vows

You have to be extremely careful believing the media in these types of shootings (LE / Crump involved). Benjamin Crump floods the airwaves with completely false information while LE can't say anything while the investigation is ongoing. Once the truth comes out Crump simply moves on to the next opportunity.

Dana Fletcher was shot and killed by LE in Madison Alabama. Although Crump and the wife of Fletcher, who was there and witnessed the whole thing, swore up and down Fletcher didn't have a gun, never had a gun, ECT..video released later plainly shows a gun in his hand pointed at LE.

People here are still out trying to protest this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back