CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #36 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appreciate that. I do wish for a bit more diversity of opinion and a little less majority shouting down the minority. But regardless, we should each continue sharing thoughts about the case and figuring it all out.

Most of us have been in the minority at one time or another on these threads. I know it's not an easy place to be sometimes, but hang in there:)

We are looking at this blind.

On its face, we can easily come up with a potential motive for KK, and not for PF.

The thing is, we know absolutely nothing about this investigation, and what it has turned up.

A couple weeks from now, we might have an answer, then again, we might never have one.

Not every murder has a clear motive, and fortunately, that’s not required in order for a jury to deliver a guilty verdict.

Sometimes it just isn’t as simple as finances, custody, jealousy, or anger.

Just because someone has a more obvious motive to commit murder, doesn’t necessarily mean a hell of a lot.

Not if the evidence points in a clear direction. I think it will.
Which is why I specifically said, with the facts we know now. :)

Agreed, BUT, did they have a reason to lie?? I doubt it. KK had all the reason in the world to misrepresent the truth to her BFF. MOO

ed:sp
MOO MOO I believe the R's were manipulated into being the personal mouthpieces for KK. I thought it was very funny that Dan May said that she is specifically forbidden from speaking to the media. I think she's had more than one person doing her speaking for her.

There are a lot of things we don’t know for a fact. We actually know very little at this point. Not enough to crucify the woman. Not enough to declare her an innocent victim, either. I’m just presenting possible scenarios. No more far-fetched than opinions that had KKL disposing of the body and cleaning up the crime scene. JMO

KK knew that PF murdered KB
KK knew that she had someone's phone with instructions to "move it" (or whatever).

At this point KK had leverage to protect herself, and have the murderer locked up. So why not go to LE in CO or ID?

Unless she is complicit in other ways, or, felt others were (or were about to be) involved.

If he did that, he’d be confessing to his involvement in this.

He can’t point the finger at her, without pointing it directly at himself.

So unfortunately, it is wishful thinking.
Is the only thing KK has going for her is that PF isn't talking? If he's not talking she can say whatever she wants and she gets her plea deal. They don't have a smoking gun or they wouldn't need her. If he starts talking and blames her and has proof against her as well. They can't prove either did it and they both walk is my fear and their plan worked.

'Wait and See' is a great attitude to have in these cases. But at this point , we have 'waited' and we have 'seen' quite a bit of damning information against KK.

We have confirmed that she did know back in September, that PF had plans to kill the mother of his latest child.

And even though she knew that, not only didn't she warn that young woman, but she continued to see the man who was planning to kill her.

And we waited long enough to see that she did indeed know that he had killed her on the 22nd, and she still continued to help him cover up the cold blooded murder.

So I am not sure what we are supposed to 'wait and see.' I took up for KK back at the start. I surmised that she may have been intimidated and bullied and coerced into going along with it, due to threats, etc.

But that was before I found out that she knew about his murder plans, and that she still traveled out of state to see him for Thanksgiving. If she was truly afraid of him, and afraid he'd harm her kids, she wouldn't have done that.

The same goes with her reaction to finding out he did kill her that day. Her kids were out of state, with their father. If she was so frightened of this guy hurting her or her kids, she had the perfect opportunity to have him arrested for murder, while her kids were in a safe place, far away from him. But she didnt do that. She aligned herself with him.
And that's it in a nutshell.

Exactly. “Wait and see” is appropriate when you are talking about someone’s specific involvement in a legal context.

But there is absolutely nothing I could learn that would make me not want to puke, when I look at this on a moral and ethical level.

Nothing is going to change the fact that she didn’t even try to save Kelsey’s life.

There is not an excuse in the world that would work

I ain’t waiting for nothing.
OMG.... so spot on.... millions and millions of likes for this....

Local news from Twin Falls

"CRIPPLE CREEK, Colo. — A Magic Valley woman said Friday that she helped thwart an investigation into the disappearance of a Colorado woman who authorities believe was killed by her fiance, but her motive and the nature of her relationship with the suspected killer remains a mystery. She also agreed to testify against him at his murder trial."

UPDATE: Magic Valley woman pleads guilty to tampering with evidence in Colorado

A simple drive away from the area by KB could have taken her away from harm. But she didn’t. Nor do I blame her in any way whatsoever. Just making the point that saying something is “simple” doesn’t mean that it actually is. Real life is always more complicated.

Are you saying that KB could have prevented her own murder by simply leaving?

I guess that would work if she KNEW she was about to be murdered.

Seattle....The question that I keep coming back to is why? If it had been a crime of passion, PF killed KB in the heat of the moment, I wouldn't have a doubt about motive, but with the facts that we are currently aware of, I see no logical motive for PF to want KB dead. I do however see a huge reason for KK to want KB dead. I see motive plain as day for KK. That is why I think that KK may be way more involved than is being acknowledged.

Here is the problem that I have, with KK being the planner and the killer.

I can see a clear motive--- anger/jealousy and wanting to get rid of the person in the way of her happiness with PF.

But if so, why would she be telling her BFF, who worked in an attorneys office, about PF planning the murder?

There is no way she could live happily ever after with PF once she began telling people about that.

So the motive would have to be that she was going to frame PF and get him arrested for the murder.

Is that what you think she was doing?

Is the only thing KK has going for her is that PF isn't talking? If he's not talking she can say whatever she wants and she gets her plea deal. They don't have a smoking gun or they wouldn't need her. If he starts talking and blames her and has proof against her as well. They can't prove either did it and they both walk is my fear and their plan worked.
I don’t think that’s the main thing she has going for her, although it wouldn’t hurt.

She gave an account to LE and the DA, and they would have investigated it. That’s why I think it took so long to reach this point.

They wouldn’t have said “oh ok, your story sounds believable, here’s a deal.”

They would have vetted everything she told them, and if she is ever caught in a lie, that deal is off.

So do I have this right?:

PF had originally retained the service of a private attorney but now he has a public defender?

KK has retained the services of a private attorney with a very good reputation.
Could anyone chime in here and advise the average cost KK would need to pay this esteemed attorney?

AFAIK KK's attorney is not doing it pro bono?
I'm just curious to know what the approximate cost could run into for KK being billed by the hour, which, is what I assume her prestigious attorney is charging her?

MOO

A simple drive away from the area by KB could have taken her away from harm. But she didn’t. Nor do I blame her in any way whatsoever. Just making the point that saying something is “simple” doesn’t mean that it actually is. Real life is always more complicated.

And, there is nothing even remotely complicated about saving the life of another by speaking up to law enforcement.

She had a confession from PF. She had a phone. She had a car. And she had a moral obligation.

What she doesn't seem to have is common sense, or heart.

Appreciate that. I do wish for a bit more diversity of opinion and a little less majority shouting down the minority. But regardless, we should each continue sharing thoughts about the case and figuring it all out.
There is simply no angle I can think of regarding KK's choices with any other diversity of an opinion than just pure evil.

Do you have any thoughts on why she wasn't arrested at the outset?

Because she plead to the tampering charge, does that absolutely mean she was given immunity on any others?
I’m not the incredibly smart Rio, but I do wonder if she went to law enforcement earlier than we think. Maybe as soon as it became evident that PF was suspect #1 despite the phone shenanigans, which was fairly early on. If she did and has been giving tidbits along the way it might be why an initial arrest wasn’t made. MOO

Ha! That would be ironic.

She does exactly as instructed, except she then proceeds to take her lawyer’s advice and take a deal, thereby nailing PF’s *advertiser censored*.
It certainly would be!

When two people know the details of a plot, its no longer a secret.
One is likely to rollover and squeal.

PF is a poor strategist if he thought he could use somebody else to do his dirty work.

He obviously has never bothered to read Sun Tzu's Art Of War.

Good. KB deserves justice.

MOO

Exactly. “Wait and see” is appropriate when you are talking about someone’s specific involvement in a legal context.

But there is absolutely nothing I could learn that would make me not want to puke, when I look at this on a moral and ethical level.

Nothing is going to change the fact that she didn’t even try to save Kelsey’s life.

There is not an excuse in the world that would work for me in this regard.

You're a Pats fan and I'm an Eagles fan, but man I love your posts.

There is not an excuse in the world that would work for me in this regard.

I don't think she wanted to. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members