CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #36 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didn’t she go to LE with her “leverage to protect herself”?
There are only three possible reasons here: 1. She wanted KB dead and contributed what she was willing to do to make it happen. Or 2. She didn’t want KB dead at all and was only willing to do what she did under extreme duress from PF. Or 3. She wanted to protect him because her infatuation with him overrode all morality and decency for someone else’s life, even if it meant not “protecting herself”.

Or, 4. there are more involved than the players we are currently aware of.

Not saying that is or isn't the case, but if she thought someone else had been solicited by PF, and/or, had participated in some way, she may have felt threatened enough to do as told by PF.

I STILL think she's as much a murderer as he is, even tho' the law might not.

To continue with Sonicgate, I read very early on that KB's debit card was used there. ?? Drive-thru restaurants are one of the rare places that don't require a PIN entry. You just hand them the card. They hand it back with your bag of chili cheese frito pie.

Possibly her card was used in the same way as her phone texts. To distance her murder from the 22nd.
If true holy Acomplis batman. The audacity,and stupidity that takes. Dumb,and Dumber couldn't hold a candle to that. Seriously.

Many people see being fat as a character flaw. Which is ridiculous really, and yes, very high school. For her, a flaw among many others. For some its just another reason to hate her. Sadly, its a simple as that IMO
The sad fact is, her vanity is quite apparent. And we are angry at her. And we want her to pay for the heinous crimes she has committed, but will not be paying for through legal channels because of her value in slaying the bigger monster. So we lash out at something that we know will be hurtful to her. It is juvenile. It is not our best selves, but it is the best we can do in the circumstances and I give a pass to those who have done it and who will do it in this circumstance. It's not about her looks, it's about how she feels about her looks and how helpless we feel about the circumstance.

I just have to butt in and say I find the issue of her looks to be petty. I think she's a good looking woman and didn't look inappropriate for court. Yeah, she could lose 50LBS but so what? It's her character and her dirty deeds I care about. Book/cover, you know?
When someone is as ugly as she is on the inside, it amplifies her exterior flaws of which she has far more than a mere 50lbs of.

It appears she didn't hold up her end of the bargain :) MOO

I’ve thought all along P would somehow pin it all on KKL.
I’m not pleased she’s getting off so easily but am confident it aint over, new charges can be added, I think, so once the entire story comes out, maybe things will change. Her current deal only deals with the one aspect, correct?

I agree. I don't believe a word out of a killer's mouth.
PF and KB weren't married though, so he could be with whomever he chose.
Whether PF and KB were still in a relationship wouldn't matter in a court of law since they were not married. Its about baby K, imo.

PF could be with KK had he chosen to be. The only thing is, he would have had to pay KB for child support since he fathered her child.
And I think this killing has to do with custody of baby K and child support.

KK was merely a tool he used.

MOO
I disagree on the motive. If they shared custody 50/50, chances are, she'd end up paying him child support as I believe she made more money than he did. (I know we can get into the whole farrier income debate, but let's face it....what (mostly) cash business do know that actually declares every penny?

I agree. I don't believe a word out of a killer's mouth.
PF and KB weren't married though, so he could be with whomever he chose.
Whether PF and KB were still in a relationship wouldn't matter in a court of law since they were not married. Its about baby K, imo.

PF could be with KK had he chosen to be. The only thing is, he would have had to pay KB for child support since he fathered her child.
And I think this killing has to do with custody of baby K and child support.

KK was merely a tool he used.

MOO
In the past, I thought that it was PF who was dragging his feet on getting married to KB. Now I am thinking that KB was the one who didn't want to be wed to PF until he proved to her that he would be the husband she deserved. In a way, it's like her checklist for flying that she would go methodically go through before taking flight.
imo.

I disagree on the motive. If they shared custody 50/50, chances are, she'd end up paying him child support as I believe she made more money than he did. (I know we can get into the whole farrier income debate, but let's face it....what (mostly) cash business do know that actually declares every penny?
Maybe he wanted sole custody. Perhaps his mother had also said she felt that Baby K would be better off with PF and not KB.
I don't know all the facts at this point, but I do think the killing has to do with custody of Baby K.
We'll see what happens at trial.
MOO

I’ve thought all along P would somehow pin it all on KKL.
I’m not pleased she’s getting off so easily but am confident it aint over, new charges can be added, I think, so once the entire story comes out, maybe things will change. Her current deal only deals with the one aspect, correct?
No, this deal should be final.

It’s unlikely that she will ever face additional charges, as that is the purpose of a deal in the first place.

She gets a promise, the prosecution gets their witness, and after PF’s trial, she will be sentenced.

A question for @riolove77 or @gitana1, KK said she was pleading guilty to moving KB's phone in Colorado, but didn't mention anything beyond that. If KK did transport the phone to ID and send txt msgs from there, would that have to be taken up in ID? Or would CO be able to levy charges in respect to any further actions that contributed to the tampering of evidence outside of CO?

MOO MOO I believe the R's were manipulated into being the personal mouthpieces for KK. I thought it was very funny that Dan May said that she is specifically forbidden from speaking to the media. I think she's had more than one person doing her speaking for her.

Remember the Moorers? They weren't supposed to speak publicly but had others posting on social media in their stead from the get-go.

I expect KK will have many out there telling what a great girl she is and how she was used by PF. Step right up and place your bets here, folks!

Last edited:
In the past, I thought that it was PF who was dragging his feet on getting married to KB. Now I am thinking that KB was the one who didn't want to be wed to PF until he proved to her that he would be the husband she deserved. In a way, it's like her checklist for flying that she would go methodically go through before taking flight.
imo.
I think KB got to know PF and got fed up with his controlling ways.

One of KB's friends allegedly said the relationship KB had with PF was "borderline emotionally abusive".
This has not yet been verified, but it rings true to me.

The other red flag is PF still living with his mother. If his mother had taken a dislike to KB it could make life quite difficult for KB.

IMO KB decided to cut ties and end things with PF. He got angry, wanted full control of Baby K and didn't want to help with child support.

This is my opinion only and I may be incorrect, but we'll see as the truth comes to light.

MOO

Last edited:
You are right Dave...a complete and utter tragedy. Senseless, needless tragedy.

KB was a threat to no one. KB was a hardship to no one. KB was apparently a hard working woman, loving mother and daughter. What about that made PF think the world would be better off without someone like her?

For PF, she was an inconvenience. He ended her for being inconvenient. And as if that wasn't enough, he wanted everyone to think that she just walked away from her life...walked away from her daughter...walked away from her parents and family. That she was someone so selfish she would disappear without a word to her Mom, but had contacted him, of course...and her job....but not her Mom.

KK knew...she knew. Knew he intended to end this lovely person. And she did NOTHING. Some say she was scared. She should have been. Does anyone honestly think that after she helped she was now safe. Why? If he could end someone like KB, why would he hesitate to take out someone with so much knowledge? or her kids?
KK was scared? Well, that's where character comes in...she didn't show any. You know who was really scared? KB was scared. KK had no character, no heart..and helped destroy so many peoples lives, including her own family.

Tragedy is THE most appropriate word for all this.

MOO, JMO, IMO

Agreed 100%, but right now I'm thinking that the DA will drop all of the Solicitation and Robbery BS and just go with Murder In the First Degree. They don't have to establish why he did it, and they don't have to establish how he did it. They really don't need to say for sure where he did it.
They have one excellent witness to establish that he covered it up under reasonable circumstances that indicated he caused her death; and the fact that he won't say a word to defend his actions leaves no wiggle room for any charge OTHER than Murder in the First Degree.
It doesn't matter one bit what caused him to do it, or even if he planned it. They have him down as a guest for the next forty years, minus time served already. IMO

We are looking at this blind.

On its face, we can easily come up with a potential motive for KK, and not for PF.

The thing is, we know absolutely nothing about this investigation, and what it has turned up.

A couple weeks from now, we might have an answer, then again, we might never have one.

Not every murder has a clear motive, and fortunately, that’s not required in order for a jury to deliver a guilty verdict.

Sometimes it just isn’t as simple as finances, custody, jealousy, or anger.

Just because someone has a more obvious motive to commit murder, doesn’t necessarily mean a hell of a lot.

Not if the evidence points in a clear direction. I think it will.

Sometimes I kinda get into psychoanalyzing a criminal, especially when there's a fair amount of info to go on, as with Chris Watts. One can draw a lot of reasonable conclusions about some of these freaks and possible motivators but only to a point. The thing about personality/character disordered people is that they may as well be aliens. We tend to measure by the yardsticks of relatively reasonable people, using logic and even empathy, trying to come up with the ultimate WHY? but that is impossible because their brains are different and in measurable ways. They decide they want something and they feel entitled to take it/have it/whatever. All other considerations come after that and those all pertain to carrying out their will in the best way they see feasible. All PF had to think was "I'm sick of her" and the decision is made. We'll never know his thought process nor that of his despicable accomplice, neither of whom give a flying %#8> about taking another life. All that matters in their alien brains is "I want". Man, how I wish there were a way to identify these freaks before they do their damage. We really need to work on that and teach it starting in childhood. The tricky part is they mimic real humans so we don't know when a predator is close at hand.

I personally think that KK meant absolutely nothing to PF, except as a useful tool to do his bidding.

I don't think he had any intention of getting serious with KK.

If he had gotten away with the murder of KB he'd be riding off into the sunset with somebody else. I don't believe PF is capable of loving anyone except himself.

IMO he's a narcissistic sociopath who is used to manipulating people into doing his bidding.

This certainly doesn't let KK off in the least. She went along with it willingly, imo, and only squealed when she was nailed and realized that PF would leave her dangling out to dry. Then she turned. Quickly. Birds of a feather etc.

The match made in hell is burning.

MOO
PF had decades to make a permanent, live-in relationship w/ KKL if he had wanted to and KKL wanted the same.
I don't see them as star-crossed lovers like Romeo & Juliet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave