CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #36 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
PF had decades to make a permanent, live-in relationship w/ KKL if he had wanted to and KKL wanted the same.
I don't see them as star-crossed lovers like Romeo & Juliet.
Certainly not on his end.
On her end -- well, I don't know.
Maybe she was still star-crossed and then realized afterwards that PF was just using her and she squealed.

MOO

Edited by me.

When someone is as ugly as she is on the inside, it amplifies her exterior flaws of which she has far more than a mere 50lbs of.
im with those that say the body shaming of her is uncalled for, for whatever reason. Thankfully her weight/looks wouldn’t be a topic of discussion on the LE sleuthing taskforce.

Love your post. Especially about KKL talking to LE only because she knew the alternative. I think she is a bad, bad person and she and PF hooked up for very bad reasons. Even her supposedly saying he may have killed before. He may have and she may have known why. It matters not to this case but I truly believe she is a low life who was more involved in this murder than we will ever know. I am sad that the prosecution may not be able to charge her with more.
I don’t remember the part that she said he may have killed before but that could explain her testimony in any other trials that was mentioned. I wonder who else may know or be involved...just wondering

I’m not the incredibly smart Rio, but I do wonder if she went to law enforcement earlier than we think. Maybe as soon as it became evident that PF was suspect #1 despite the phone shenanigans, which was fairly early on. If she did and has been giving tidbits along the way it might be why an initial arrest wasn’t made. MOO

I would imagine LE found all the calls to and from KK on PF's phone in the days after KB was last seen.

In fact, I would bet all the calls were with her and with dear old Mom.

It would be interesting to know if KK was also speaking to Mom, wouldn't it?

I also wonder if LE pretty quickly tracked KK's GPS when they knew KB's phone had pinged/texted from Idaho.

I imagine they had the hometown sheriff knocking on her door before her car cooled down from the long trip!

Sometimes I kinda get into psychoanalyzing a criminal, especially when there's a fair amount of info to go on, as with Chris Watts. One can draw a lot of reasonable conclusions about some of these freaks and possible motivators but only to a point. The thing about personality/character disordered people is that they may as well be aliens. We tend to measure by the yardsticks of relatively reasonable people, using logic and even empathy, trying to come up with the ultimate WHY? but that is impossible because their brains are different and in measurable ways. They decide they want something and they feel entitled to take it/have it/whatever. All other considerations come after that and those all pertain to carrying out their will in the best way they see feasible. All PF had to think was "I'm sick of her" and the decision is made. We'll never know his thought process nor that of his despicable accomplice, neither of whom give a flying %#8> about taking another life. All that matters in their alien brains is "I want". Man, how I wish there were a way to identify these freaks before they do their damage. We really need to work on that and teach it starting in childhood. The tricky part is they mimic real humans so we don't know when a predator is close at hand.
And we don't know what damage (if any) was done to PF's brain from at least one kick in the head from a horse he was shoeing or from being bucked off a horse.
imo.

Study Links Brain Injuries to "Acquired Sociopathy"(2017)
https://bigthink.com/philip-perry/these-types-of-head-injuries-could-increase-your-risk-of-committing-a-crime

IMHO the concept of eliminating KB was by mutual agreement. We are dealing with two ego-driven individuals who believe they are smarter than other people. The idea that they would be caught and punished never occurred to them. They were too busy figuring out how to get what THEY wanted. I can believe that KK was totally smitten with PF. It appears that their romance/friendship (friends with benefits?) existed for many years. KK wanted PF and probably pushed the issue of the 2 of them being together all the time. PF, who probably had no interest in a long term relationship with KK, suggests that could happen "if he could get KB out of the picture. That was the beginning of a long term plot to make it happen. Murder may not have entered the picture in the beginning. We know that PF and KB were working out the specifics for a divorce. The seed had been planted and was now germinating. KK talking to her best friend about the progress of her affair with PF and the thought of killing KB would be typical of a shallow young woman who needed to share "everything" with her best friend. I think the final decision was made when the financial realities of a divorce occurred to both of them. PF had no intention of sharing any of "his" money or property with KB and KK was in total agreement. I believe "they" developed a "fool proof" plan. They were confident they could stage the perfect "disappearance". Then, oops, law enforcement was smarter than they were and it all became a race to see who could cover their butt first.

I'm not convinced that KK was approached by PF to commit murder. I'm not convinced that she was/is afraid of PF (even though she should be). I do think that when they realized they would be suspects the wheels started turning (and it wasn't by accident that the best friend "talked" to her employers, and undoubtedly received some valid legal advice) and CYA became the name of the game. At this point I can see "reasonable doubt" as the goal for both sides. KK made a deal and she thinks she's somewhat of a winner. However, that is far from true. It is very unlikely that she won't be caught lying and the "deal" will be changed. I hope they both lose the battle. Her plea deal may muddy the water regarding 1st degree convictions, but I believe they will both be punished and are equally responsible. Again JMHO...

Our verified attorneys said court room appearance is an important consideration. I've commented on her appearance in that frame of mind, not in judgement of her. Although I do judge her... harshly.

I would think that her atty told her to "tone down" her appearance for court and this is her "toned down" look. FWIW. I think the atty would stop short of saying 'go wash off your face and start over.' You can give advice, but at some point, an atty cannot completely control a client, IMHO. I also think that for a variety of reasons, this was stressful for KK. No matter what you think of her, I do not think she intended to be a felon and I think her friends and family did not expect this of her, IMO.

I would think that her atty told her to "tone down" her appearance for court and this is her "toned down" look. FWIW. I think the atty would stop short of saying 'go wash off your face and start over.' You can give advice, but at some point, an atty cannot completely control a client, IMHO. I also think that for a variety of reasons, this was stressful for KK. No matter what you think of her, I do not think she intended to be a felon and I think her friends and family did not expect this of her, IMO.
I’m sure she was stressed.

Good.

As to her appearance, it matters a hell of a lot more when one is at trial, with a jury looking on.

Today was a mere formality.

Oh, I was thinking if KK went straight to the police with the phone, they would have arrested him on the spot and she'd be safe. Would there have been a time period between her going to the police and his getting arrested? I mean a long enough time period for pf to go to ID. She could gone into hiding for a while though...?

If she had a conscience, which she does not, she would have recorded him and taken that to the cops or they could have wired her. She's nearly as culpable as he is, imo. Then there's "M", another person who could have sounded some alarms with LE but didn't. Not culpable but reprehensible.

Anyone know of any local Idaho sites where the dirt is getting dished on these players? I'd like to read it.

im with those that say the body shaming of her is uncalled for, for whatever reason. Thankfully her weight/looks wouldn’t be a topic of discussion on the LE sleuthing taskforce.
I'm in the camp that believes people reap what they sow, that public shaming of any part of a criminal who believes other people have less inherent worth is a consequence of their disdain of others and murder is far more petty than public body shaming. Trust me, KK will live and her little feelings will heal. The same can't be said for Kelsey.

I agree, but that is a double edged sword, is it not? We know she's a liar, but the DA does need for her to be at least a little bit credible as she is testifying against PF and we DO want him where he belongs for what HE did. I'm so conflicted in this regard. I want her exposed for her lies and "poor me" persona, but at the same time I want a jury to believe what she says about PF. Yikes, I am SO CONFLICTED!

My post was wishful thinking. I sincerely hope the DA knows what he is doing by giving KK a deal now but I also hope the DA has solid evidence against PF beyond KK's testimony because the defense has a lot of time to convict KK in the court of public opinion and influence the potential jury.

It concerns me greatly that they may have arrested PF based solely on KK's words. I look forward to hearing something a little more hopeful on the 19th.

JMO

I’m sure she was stressed.

Good.

As to her appearance, it matters a hell of a lot more when one is at trial, with a jury looking on.

Today was a mere formality.
I think today was more about making a good impression in the court of public opinion. IMO that is something she cares very much about too.

My post was wishful thinking. I sincerely hope the DA knows what he is doing by giving KK a deal now but I also hope the DA has solid evidence against PF beyond KK's testimony because the defense has a lot of time to convict KK in the court of public opinion and influence the potential jury.

It concerns me greatly that they may have arrested PF based solely on KK's words. I look forward to hearing something a little more hopeful on the 19th.

JMO
I'm guessing they arrested him on the basis on evidence found. They stated they found evidence in KB's apt that made them certain KB was dead and that she had died in that apt. I believe they also have evidence that links PF to the evidence in that apt and KK's words are just strengthen that evidence.

And we don't know what damage (if any) was done to PF's brain from at least one kick in the head from a horse he was shoeing or from being bucked off a horse.
imo.

Study Links Brain Injuries to "Acquired Sociopathy"(2017)
https://bigthink.com/philip-perry/these-types-of-head-injuries-could-increase-your-risk-of-committing-a-crime

Well if his lawyer did not think of this, he is thinking if it now. IMO, many lawyers read WD because if all the wonderful sleuths no matter what they think, they are awesome, I am sure there will be medical and psychological profiles done....by both sides.

PF had decades to make a permanent, live-in relationship w/ KKL if he had wanted to and KKL wanted the same.
I don't see them as star-crossed lovers like Romeo & Juliet.
Me, neither. They were 800 miles apart. KK has 2 kids. PF has 1. She has a life in ID, he has one in CO. I'm not seeing the two of them living together as one big, happy family, even if PF would have simply broken up with KB, as he should have done if he wasn't content. Exactly how would that work? Where would they live?

I think today was more about making a good impression in the court of public opinion. IMO that is something she cares very much about too.
Sure, but good luck to her when she has to take the stand in PF’s trial, likely in front of a tv audience.

I don’t care what she wears then, she’ll face public condemnation regardless.

She’s only getting a small taste of it now.

I'm not going to get in to some LE bashing , I will just say in my experience LE are there to protect and serve and that they would not take a murder for hire plot lightly! Thats my experience and with many members of my family working in LE my life experiences may differenciate from your own! MOO

Yes, please no LE bashing tonight. I’m just too tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla