Identified! CA - San Mateo Co, WhtMale 773UMCA, 19-25, female clothing, Nov'83 *name withheld*

Just adding jewelry and articles again, but as screenshots for easier viewing. (Click on image to enlarge)

Original

Original

Original

Link to his NamUs case - Unidentified Person Case

Last edited:
Pillar Point Doe is the latest DNA Doe Project case, suggested to them by Trans Doe Task Force.

You can check out the mission of Trans Doe Task Force here!: Trans Doe Task Force

Just adding DNA Doe Project announcement from 30th Jan:
===
The DNA Doe Project has accepted the case of Pillar Point Doe (PPD), which is funded by the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office. Pillar Point Doe’s DNA arrived at the lab on 29 January 2019, so hopefully it won’t be long before this case is ready for analysis by our volunteers.

Who was Pillar Point Doe
On the morning of 26 November 1983, a deceased individual was found on Lower Pillar Point/Ocean Beach in Half Moon Bay, California. They were identified as male wearing women’s clothing, including a bra with foam breast forms. The deceased had been stabbed, beaten, and strangled hours prior to being discovered.

NamUs: UP10528
Date: Found November 26, 1983
Race: White / Caucasian
Sex: Male
PMI: Hours

Anyone who believes they have relevant information on this case should contact authorities directly:
San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office
Jesse Myers, Detective, Investigations Bureau
650-363-4050
https://www.smcsheriff.com

Links to More Information
https://coroner.smcgov.org/john-doe-83-26-case-83-1063
https://www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/10528/
https://www.namus.gov/…/U…/Cases/10528/Images/34375/Original UNT Forensic Services Unit
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/773umca.html The Doe Network
http://dnadoeproject.org/project/

Thank you to the San Mateo Coroner’s Office for Pillar Point Doe's facial approximation image.

Special thanks to the Trans Doe Task Force for their tireless work on behalf of Does and the DDP. The Trans Doe Task Force is an independent grassroots effort created to help the DNA Doe Project. For more information on the TDTF, please like their facebook page, and be sure to check out their website as well: http://transdoetaskforce.org/
===

Direct link to the announcement - DNA Doe Project

"This just in from the DNA Doe Project: Pillar Point/San Mateo Doe’s DNA sample has passed quality control at the lab and is heading to sequencing! This is the final stage before the file can be uploaded and their forensic genealogy team can begin working. This is amazing! ❤️ We are still working on our article on this case, but want to go ahead and share these alternate images showing different possible presentations of this Doe, created in FaceApp from the coroner’s drawing. Since we do not know if this Doe was male identified and crossdressing, or female identified and trans, we will be using singular they/them pronouns or avoiding pronouns."

Trans Doe Task Force

Attachments

• 51733981_527215867770363_2844360414106484736_n.jpg
    51733981_527215867770363_2844360414106484736_n.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 31
"This just in from the DNA Doe Project: Pillar Point/San Mateo Doe’s DNA sample has passed quality control at the lab and is heading to sequencing! This is the final stage before the file can be uploaded and their forensic genealogy team can begin working. This is amazing! ❤️ We are still working on our article on this case, but want to go ahead and share these alternate images showing different possible presentations of this Doe, created in FaceApp from the coroner’s drawing. Since we do not know if this Doe was male identified and crossdressing, or female identified and trans, we will be using singular they/them pronouns or avoiding pronouns."

Trans Doe Task Force

THAT is Great News!

I came across James Hire missing from NJ but says he was last scene in San Francisco in 1983.. he looks more to me like the sketches of the John Doe with the wavy hair

1285DMNJ- James William Hires

James William Hires
Missing since October 12, 1981 from Cherry Hill Township, Camden County, New Jersey.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: April 29, 1963
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'11"; 150 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; hazel eyes. Medium complexion.
•Marks, Scars: Horizontal scar in left eyebrow. Fractured right clavicle, fractured upper left arm, discoloration on the left knee.
•Clothing: White shirt, white pants, tan v-neck sweater, brown jacket, and dress shoes.
•Dentals: Available
Circumstances of Disappearance
Hires was last seen on October 12, 1981 in Cherry Hill Township, NJ. He left his parents home around 14:30 and stated he was going to pick up his brother. At 16:00 his brother called to find out if anyone was coming to pick him up. James was operating a family car which was found parked and locked on October 18, 1981 at the Philadelphia Airport, Lot D.
He may have been seen sometime in 1983 in San Francisco, California

I posted him at the beginning of the thread. But I never posted his phot. He was last seen in San Francisco in 1983. When exactly I don't know. I have not found any other info.
Anyway I saw the recent sketches and wanted to post his photo along w the sketches. He stats line up and sort of looks like the most recent sketches. I wonder if it's James?

Attachments

• IMG_2888.PNG
    IMG_2888.PNG
    277.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2885.PNG
    IMG_2885.PNG
    259.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2889.PNG
    IMG_2889.PNG
    308.8 KB · Views: 20
This article came out about two days ago and I thought straight away about this John Doe.

It is renewed police appeal and 100 K reward to catch Serial Killer, called Doodler who was murdering around '74-75 around Ocean Beach of San Francisco. He draw sketches of his victims prior to their death, hence the Doodler nick name. All victims were white gay males and were viciously stabbed. One of the victims is described as female impersonator, which I think might be polite way of saying cross dresser.

He killed 5 men but police suspect up to 14 victims. They suspect he lived in Bay area and was coming to San Francisco to party on weekends.
---
Murder of John Doe happend 8 years after the fact but that he was found viciously stabbed too and then also in Ocean Beach area (even though 30 miles away from San Fran., it is still close)

Of course it might be all just coincidence too.

Article - https://www.washingtonpost.com/crim...liLzQq0aKN1sk3LfdF9ZJ8&utm_term=.50ed78405e73

I posted him at the beginning of the thread. But I never posted his phot. He was last seen in San Francisco in 1983. When exactly I don't know. I have not found any other info.
Anyway I saw the recent sketches and wanted to post his photo along w the sketches. He stats line up and sort of looks like the most recent sketches. I wonder if it's James?
James looks like a very strong possibility IMO. Admittedly, a sketch is tough to go by, but I see distinct markers. The facial shape is unique.

New recons!

"The DNA Doe Project would like to share these beautiful updated facial approximations for Pillar Point Doe by Kim Parkhurst who is a volunteer with the Trans Doe Task Force.

Kim has prepared two looks for how our Pillar Point Doe may have appeared, and worked hard to portray clothing that closely resembles our Doe's original garments. Thanks again for sharing your talents, Kim!

The Trans Doe Task Force is an independent grassroots effort created to help the DNA Doe Project. For more information on the TDTF, please visit their Facebook page, and be sure to check out their website as well: Trans Doe Task Force

You can find our original DDP post with full details on Pillar Point Doe with updates here: DNA Doe Project

Many thanks to our thoughtful supporters for their continued support and interest in the DNA Doe Project and Trans Doe Task Force. As always, we ask that commenters remain respectful to our Does and their families.

#PillarPointDoe
#DNADoeProject
#SanMateo #PrincetownHarbor
#California #PillarPoint #HalfMoonBay
#TransDoeTaskForce #TDTF
#WontBeErased"

DNA Doe Project

Attachments

• 53096665_2275550749370364_1416267106533507072_o.jpg
    53096665_2275550749370364_1416267106533507072_o.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 49
Praise the heavens for these incredible organizations. Without them, these souls would remain anonymous forever. They deserve the dignity and respect of being given their name back, not to mention justice!

ETA that I really do think the Doe is James, as mentioned upthread.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back