CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #36 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do recall the height/weight thing, but when they booked her in, it should also indicate if she is pregnant or not (if known - if I’m not mistaken - any officers here verify?) which is why I’m looking for the whole sheet.

The part that bothers me the most is the “phone in” appearance. I can’t imagine the prosecution agreeing to make her life so easy without a darn good reason.

However you slice it, if she is pregnant, the baby she is carrying is totally innocent and I hope for it’s safety, security and well being if it’s true.
Besides the electronic age we live in, don't forget that any scheduled "telephone appearances" for 5 and 10 minute hearings may also be for the convenience of the court. Teller County Court especially benefits from this convenience, by geography alone. It started out at minus 10 degrees F yesterday for those traveling to the Court -- where even the designated media representative granted pool was late arriving!

All defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty, and any notion that the court schedule should "punish" or "not make things easy without a good reason" is nonsense!

I'm all for disliking KK, but we need the court system to proceed without delay, (and the jury to believe her).

MOO

If some guy told me he killed his baby momma and gave me the phone and told me to take it....and if I were afraid of him,,,I would say ok and take the phone with me...straight to the police station.
But she didn't do that. In fact, she never did that. And she can't even acknowledge KB as a person or even do a have @ss decent job of faking compassion for her.
What a rotten individual.

It's unfortunate but history has shown that many religious people commit murder and other terrible crimes.
Overwhelming, a relationship with God has been proven to be the number one difference maker in positive mental health. This is quite different than religious affiliation or an one hour church attendance weekly. What we see is people go where likely victims are. This is true in any crime. I would strongly argue, that for example, a person such as CW had never been in the presence of God and was certainly not regenerated by God.

I’m not the OP but was my understanding that the “phone in” was a 6 month check-in, during the delayed sentence period. I am pretty sure she’s gonna need to be in that courtroom in person when it’s time to testify in PF’s trial.
Yes, that was what I was referring to. The other post spoke of her not wanting to see him. I have no doubt she dreads the day she is called to testify against him. I hear a LOT of "Objection your Honour!" during cross examination by PF's attorney.

Do we have evidence whether KK is paying for her Lawyers, or are they pro bono?
Would this be public knowledge?
It would be great if she does pay, rather than the 'free' ride that PF has.
MOO.

They are in private practice, and I would imagine their fees are at the top end of the scale. They are very highly respected criminal defense lawyers. IMO

And the worst of all (of what we know), she impersonated Kelsey.

She plead guilty to transporting KB's phone. She did not plead guilty to using it. If she had, the DA would NOTt have stepped down to a Class 6 felony.
My new guess is that PF sent the message to KB's employer on a different phone, and the text message to himself simply never happened.
KB's phone may have turned itself on, on impact as she tossed it. That would cause the ping. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out the physical evidence collected by the Twin Falls County Investigation Task Forse was the pieces of the phone.
IMO

Last edited:
I think it's complicated. Being good parents SEEMS to make for all good kids, but I don't think it's an exact science. It certainly helps to make for good kids!
But there's also the aspect of free will, according to everyone's own heart. I think this is a universal belief because parents are not universally punished if their offspring goes astray. It would be very hard to prove that there's cause and effect in every case. Sometimes a parent can talk til they're blue in the face (so to speak) and the offspring rejects it.
Yes, agree. Good parenting is a great foundation and the first influence. But there are many other influences other than the parent as the child grows older. I know many good parents that had a child or two that turned out bad. Like the old country and western song, "Mama Tried" by Merle Haggard.

Many in life aren't good Christians. It doesn't mean those of us who do not claim a religious choice are bad or evil. Religion has very little to do with being a good or bad person.

Self deleting because I was off topic without thinking about it at first.

Last edited:
She plead guilty to transporting and destroying KB's phone. She did not plead guilty to using it. If she had, the DA would not have stepped down to a Class 6 felony.
My new guess is that PF sent the message to KB's employer on a different phone, and the text message to him simply never happened. IMO
Don't believe "destroying" the phone was in KK's statement -- only that she "moved" it.

Don't believe "destroying" the phone was in KK's statement -- only that she "moved" it.
yeah why the term "moved"....I guess that sounds better to her than yeah I took the dead lady's phone after my boo killed her...you know the lady who I KNEW he wanted dead months earlier but I uh forgot to call the police about. Yeah that one.

yeah why the term "moved"....I guess that sounds better to her than yeah I took the dead lady's phone after my boo killed her...you know the lady who I KNEW he wanted dead months earlier but I uh forgot to call the police about. Yeah that one.

If you only move something, you leave open the (legal) possibility that you might move it back at some time in the future.

I don't think that's theft but it isn't 'borrowing', either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam