GUILTY NY - Valerie Reyes, 24, found deceased, New Rochelle, 29 Jan 2019 *Arrest*

She did not live in Port Chester. She lived in New Rochelle.
Thank you for pointing this out. I confused the two towns for some reason.
From her residence to where her remains were found is still a very short distance. Two different residential areas and different states. Likely trying to make it harder to find her and what happened.
My opinion remains unchanged...this is someone who knew her.

Sorry. I am new here and just replied to my own post. There are indeed ob/gyn offices in the facility. Such a great observation. Did she want to terminate or was she planning to have a child. How horrific if this comes into play. That would also explain why she expressed fear to her mother without providing details. Thank you.
Yes. There are ob/gym offices in that building.

What are you thinking? A procedure gone wrong? Someone angry bc of a potential or completed procedure? Good thinking!

Where she was found is less than 10 minutes from Port Chester so understand the confusion. Not sure about the out of state disposal being intentional. This is truly the border of both states. Paartially CT and partially NY. But you may very well be correct because it has muddied the case a bit being between both states.

What are you thinking? A procedure gone wrong? Someone angry bc of a potential or completed procedure? Good thinking!
Someone else posed the question, which was a great observation. My thought after it was pointed out was: 1) termination of pregnancy 2) she wanted the child but someone (perp) wanted the child terminated and therefore terminated Valerie’s life

I'm sure the FBI is involved also as her body was found & (presumably transported) across state lines.

I didn't even realize that. I've never been to the area but I know that it seems many of the states there are very close driving distance from each other. Ouch!

This will be solved quickly. Esp with it being so close to LISK, MS-13, other gangs, and the whole possibility of it being very personal. I'm confident they're on the right trail but are so hushed because there's too much evidence found already to risk the case. That's my hope at least. Their tight-lipedness (I made a word:p) tells me more than if they'd be speaking and begging for info.

Whomever you are involved in Valerie's death, you better run and fast!!

Her best friend was a male. He last saw her on 1/30 at 11:30pm. What if the ex was near or at her home and saw her with the male friend and snapped due to the breakup and jealousy over her long term male confidant?

Thoughts?

Geez, it's possible but who does all of this on a whim and it's his first and perhaps only kill? Seems the angry bf simply being jealous would do the usual dispose the body in the woods or water. Seems too good of a crime to be spontaneous. And at her place? He would have had to be confident that absolutely no one would come by during the murder, dismemberment or however he stuffed her into that suitcase. That had to take some substantial amount of time. Then to clean his tracks and figure out everything else with this case. I'm just not feeling that personally but yeah, you could be on to the right path! Nice.

Yes. There is an article about the worker who photographed her and it stated large gash to the head. Horrible.

Gashed head, huh? ;)

:rolleyes: Girls...women. I think she was attacked by a woman, perhaps with others like close firends or gang sisters. Seems like men usually strangle, beat with fists, smother, shoot, etc. That gash could be the take down blow for sure if not the fatal one. Absolutely just guessing but yeah, I could see a ball bat or post of some sort, sledge hammer, etc. Tough girls...or so they think! :mad:

Report: Police collect evidence at Reyes’ apartment as search for killer continues
The ME would know if she was pregnant or a termination had taken place, but those results are not supposed to be releases for 6-8 weeks .
"The state medical examiner conducted an autopsy on Wednesday and confirmed her identity, but did not disclose her cause of death. It could take six to eight weeks before the results of the autopsy are released to the public, a spokesperson in the medical examiner’s office said Friday."

Gashed head, huh? ;)

:rolleyes: Girls...women. I think she was attacked by a woman, perhaps with others like close firends or gang sisters. Seems like men usually strangle, beat with fists, smother, shoot, etc. That gash could be the take down blow for sure if not the fatal one. Absolutely just guessing but yeah, I could see a ball bat or post of some sort, sledge hammer, etc. Tough girls...or so they think! :mad:

How does one explain a head gash, bound hands n feet. Which could've happened first? (If there was a head gash). IMO, I don't think a woman did it. Whoever disposed of her body had to lug that full size suitcase with her in it from where the crime took place to the vehicle that transported her, then 10 to 15 feet into the woods from the vehicle. The missing posters on several family & friends' accounts state she was 5' 3" and weighed 120 lbs. My height & weight is close to hers. I know I wouldn't be able to lift that amount of weight (let alone the bulky size) by myself.

Her best friend was a male. He last saw her on 1/30 at 11:30pm. What if the ex was near or at her home and saw her with the male friend and snapped due to the breakup and jealousy over her long term male confidant?

Thoughts?
I have a very strong gut feeling ex boyfriend is involved. Based on odd things I have seen posted, such as him telling people to come to him instead of authorities with information. Something smells very fishy.

How does one explain a head gash, bound hands n feet. Which could've happened first? (If there was a head gash). IMO, I don't think a woman did it. Whoever disposed of her body had to lug that full size suitcase with her in it from where the crime took place to the vehicle that transported her, then 10 to 15 feet into the woods from the vehicle. The missing posters on several family & friends' accounts state she was 5' 3" and weighed 120 lbs. My height & weight is close to hers. I know I wouldn't be able to lift that amount of weight (let alone the bulky size) by myself.

Very true. IMO, the gash might have happened first to incapacitate/stun her. Then one or maybe more, like friends her then place her into their vehicle, if not at a place already. They drove her to a safe/hidden location, then proceeded to kill her if she was still alive, dismember or contain her body into the case, and clean up. Two or more carry the suitcase into the trunk, drive to a random "rich people" area and dump the case there. Again, two girls our sized (approx. same as you) could lift and transport her body and suitcase. The sheets/tied feet--Valerie took those from her own home. Maybe there was an invitation by these girls or someone they knew to a sleepover. Once there, she's their victim. Just a theory. Let's fill the holes. :)

Very true. IMO, the gash might have happened first to incapacitate/stun her. Then one or maybe more, like friends her then place her into their vehicle, if not at a place already. They drove her to a safe/hidden location, then proceeded to kill her if she was still alive, dismember or contain her body into the case, and clean up. Two or more carry the suitcase into the trunk, drive to a random "rich people" area and dump the case there. Again, two girls our sized (approx. same as you) could lift and transport her body and suitcase. The sheets/tied feet--Valerie took those from her own home. Maybe there was an invitation by these girls or someone they knew to a sleepover. Once there, she's their victim. Just a theory. Let's fill the holes. :)

That red suitcase is key. Where did it come from? Who was the source? Was it on hand? Was it purchased just for this? Who would dump a body in a bright red suitcase on the side of the road in an affluent area, in winter - with no leaves on the trees, unless it was the only thing on hand to put her in.... or somebody wanted it to be found? If suitcases could talk. :confused::eek:

I didn't even realize that. I've never been to the area but I know that it seems many of the states there are very close driving distance from each other. Ouch!

This will be solved quickly. Esp with it being so close to LISK, MS-13, other gangs, and the whole possibility of it being very personal. I'm confident they're on the right trail but are so hushed because there's too much evidence found already to risk the case. That's my hope at least. Their tight-lipedness (I made a word:p) tells me more than if they'd be speaking and begging for info.

Whomever you are involved in Valerie's death, you better run and fast!!
I didn't realize that she was found in another state, either- we're a party of two!

Something about this case just seems off to me. I don't know what it is exactly. Something about the things she is supposed to have said to her mother. Insisting her ex was fine and she wasn't afraid of him but just happened to be worried someone might kill her.

You know how you read a story and something strikes you as off and only looking back later you can see it? Something just feels off here....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back