GUILTY NY - Valerie Reyes, 24, found deceased, New Rochelle, 29 Jan 2019 *Arrest*

Something about this case just seems off to me. I don't know what it is exactly. Something about the things she is supposed to have said to her mother. Insisting her ex was fine and she wasn't afraid of him but just happened to be worried someone might kill her.

You know how you read a story and something strikes you as off and only looking back later you can see it? Something just feels off here....
Agreed

Something about this case just seems off to me. I don't know what it is exactly. Something about the things she is supposed to have said to her mother. Insisting her ex was fine and she wasn't afraid of him but just happened to be worried someone might kill her.

You know how you read a story and something strikes you as off and only looking back later you can see it? Something just feels off here....

There's just no way this was a premonition. She knew exactly what she was talking about. Did she say the ex was fine? I haven't seen that yet. In any case, I can think of 3 explanations:

1. The ex was not fine and she lied.

2. She was planning something very risky, like meeting somebody she didn't know.

3. She was planning suicide.

I still haven't ruled out that last one. You just never know. She suffers depression. She just broke up with her boyfriend. It happens quite often that they try to make it look like a homicide.

It did not sound like a premonition imo...didn’t she say “so many women are getting murdered” or something like that? Not that she had a vision or dream that she would be murdered? Or did she say both...

Not sure how she could have bound herself and put herself into a suitcase along the road though...I guess it depends if suitcase was found open, if binding could have been done by her, if it was her suitcase, etc...but that is not how this is being investiagted so I assume she was murdered. Very strange though...all of it.
Jmo

Here's an interesting video... see the 5:00 minute mark.

Now, yes, it would be quite the feat to gash your head, climb into a suitcase, bind your feet, and somehow shut the suitcase and bind your hands. But we really don't know how shut the suitcase was or how well bound her hands were. I'm just not ruling it out. It does seem unlikely, but this whole thing with her basically predicting her murder without giving a reason is just a giant red flag for me.

Last edited:
Here's the suitcase in question.

7ccb60ac6b1f4fec751edd9dff6f0d0b

That's an enhanced version of the photo shown on this page:
Valerie Reyes: Town worker who discovered body allegedly distributed photos of the scene

That statement of "all these women who are getting murdered" sounded so off to me. I don't know of a bunch of women who were recently murdered in the area - if anything, they've gone missing (I suspect a sex trafficking ring is at work up this way, but that's another story).

I also don't believe it was her ex-boyfriend who she feared. I think we're looking for someone older.

Here's an interesting video... see the 5:00 minute mark.

Now, yes, it would be quite the feat to gash your head, climb into a suitcase, bind your feet, and somehow shut the suitcase and bind your hands. But we really don't know how shut the suitcase was or how well bound her hands were. I'm just not ruling it out. It does seem unlikely, but this whole thing with her basically predicting her murder without giving a reason is just a giant red flag for me.

UPDATE:
‘Something wasn’t right’: Lawyer shares new details on grisly discovery of body inside suitcase [EXCLUSIVE]

Note*** Although the worker is named in this article, I've used initials instead of the attorney's & worker's name.
"A lawyer for the Greenwich, Connecticut, town worker accused of taking and sharing photos of a murder victim found this week has revealed more about the discovery of the body in a suitcase along Glenville Road in the upscale community about an hour from New York City.

L U is representing the highway worker who has been placed on administrative leave after he allegedly took photos of the victim, since identified as 24-year-old Valerie Reyes, and shared them. The Greenwich Time identified the worker as J C, a Department of Public Works foreman.

In a phone interview, U confirmed recent reports that C was not the first to discover the suitcase on Tuesday morning. The lawyer said that two of C’s subordinates, who were cleaning up trash along the road, first noticed the suitcase.

“They realized something wasn’t right about it,” U said, indicating that the suitcase was unusually heavy. U also said that the workers may have seen something suspicious through a zipper opening on the suitcase, and speculated that the suitcase may not have been completely closed.
“They suspected it might be a body,” U said. The workers then reportedly contacted C to alert him.

U said it was his client who opened the suitcase and made the grisly discovery. C reportedly took only one photo of the victim, and sent it via text to his supervisors. U insisted that C did not share the photo on social media or distribute it widely. C contacted police shortly after the discovery, U said.

The lawyer provided more details about the location of the suitcase when it was discovered. U said that it was set back from the road a bit, and not far from a six-foot stone wall.

“Had the person or persons managed to throw it over the wall, it may have never been found,” U said, explaining that the woods beyond the wall are private property that does not see a lot of foot traffic.

Law enforcement officials have not yet released the victim’s cause of death, and said that a confirmation could take several weeks. No suspects or persons of interest have been identified.

U said that he feels confident his client will not face criminal charges, and that he will likely not be terminated from his job. C is currently on paid administrative leave, his lawyer said.

CrimeOnline will continue to update the story as more information becomes available."

Also pertaining to my train of thought on my post #172:

Would LISK still use Gilgo Beach and Long Island as a dumping ground now? No he would not–because all the media attention in that entire region now. Especially since the FBI is in charge of the case. He would have to lay low for a while and change things up. Find a new locale and M.O. Maybe something closer to home.

LISK would have left the body exposed to the elements to rid it of all DNA evidence. IMO

That statement of "all these women who are getting murdered" sounded so off to me. I don't know of a bunch of women who were recently murdered in the area - if anything, they've gone missing (I suspect a sex trafficking ring is at work up this way, but that's another story).

I also don't believe it was her ex-boyfriend who she feared. I think we're looking for someone older.
That does sound off to me too. Her mother mentioned she was an anxious person naturally. IMO, I could see someone she possibly knew, or recently became acquainted with, putting ideas in her head, mentioning murders, getting her afraid enough she felt like she had to get up and leave her apartment right then. If she is used to having someone in her apartment with her, suddenly being alone can heighten a worried person’s senses.

I agree it seems like someone older, maybe someone who casually interacted with her at her job and overheard she was single and living alone now. Someone who looked respectable or had a uniform? All MOO. I wonder if the Barnes and Noble she worked at had a Starbucks inside? Many of them do. I’d imagine that would bring many people in the morning on their way to work and such. Even though she seemed rather introverted by her family’s description, she probably interacted with many people and had her “regulars”. IMO, it would be someone who knew her enough to know she was single and living alone. Whether that means knew her personally, or just (shudder) watched her enough.

I did have a very fleeting thought about LISK when first reading about this case but quickly dismissed it. Just my opinion but it seems very unlikely.

The "red suitcase" also clicked Garreth Williams' case in my old mental Rolodex. Which is totally and completely unrelated.

However, the source of the suitcase is likely an important key in solving her murder.

I did have a very fleeting thought about LISK when first reading about this case but quickly dismissed it. Just my opinion but it seems very unlikely.

The "red suitcase" also clicked Garreth Williams' case in my old mental Rolodex. Which is totally and completely unrelated.

However, the source of the suitcase is likely an important key in solving her murder.

Yes, I agree. Wonder if the suitcase was the kind that has a handle & wheels. That would certainly assist in moving something heavy inside.

The Eastchester Barnes & Noble has a cafe inside. There is a standalone Starbucks that is in the same shopping center.

That does sound off to me too. Her mother mentioned she was an anxious person naturally. IMO, I could see someone she possibly knew, or recently became acquainted with, putting ideas in her head, mentioning murders, getting her afraid enough she felt like she had to get up and leave her apartment right then. If she is used to having someone in her apartment with her, suddenly being alone can heighten a worried person’s senses.

I agree it seems like someone older, maybe someone who casually interacted with her at her job and overheard she was single and living alone now. Someone who looked respectable or had a uniform? All MOO. I wonder if the Barnes and Noble she worked at had a Starbucks inside? Many of them do. I’d imagine that would bring many people in the morning on their way to work and such. Even though she seemed rather introverted by her family’s description, she probably interacted with many people and had her “regulars”. IMO, it would be someone who knew her enough to know she was single and living alone. Whether that means knew her personally, or just (shudder) watched her enough.

In all 3 major social media’s the ex-boyfriend refers to Valerie as his girlfriend. No mention of ex. For example he states: “My girlfriend Valerie is now reported as a missing person nationwide by the authorities. Please contact me if there is ANY information” #FindValerieReyes He was very active on social media spreading the word of her dissapearance.

This does not sound like LISK to me at all.

I am thinking that Vanillacone is heading down the right path here. If she had been or recently become romantically involved with someone who was controlling and wanted to keep her feeling dependent on them (and wanted to be able to closely know where she was at all times) a good way to do so knowing her already anxious personality would be to constantly talk about the potential dangers she faced in the outside world every day. This would give the controlling person cover for constantly keeping tabs on her, and would make her feel like she needed to always have them in her life as protection from all the bogeymen out there who could do her harm. *Someone* was feeding her full of these kinds of worries imo, taking advantage of her vulnerable state of mind. (Unless she was a member here, in which case she could have gotten a very skewed idea about her chances of being a victim of some level of horrific crime, especially stranger attacks). But I think someone close to her was responsible for her fears, and may have become enraged enough to kill her when she finally had the courage to separate herself from them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back