ACTIVE SEARCH SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pennington County Sheriff's Office

We thank the Gaslight Restaurant in Rockerville for donating lunch for all the searchers. This weekend we have an expanded search for nine-year-old Serenity Dennard who went missing five days ago from the Black Hills Children’s Home.

Dear Cybervampira,

Thank you so much for sharing this video.

Such great compassion and love from this wonderful woman who showed her passion to provide nurturing and community to all of the searchers. Bless her and this community!

How heartwarming to see so many good-hearted people, who show up to do whatever they can, during a compelling and heartbreaking search, where everyone there shares one goal and one heart.

Hope the searchers stay warm today while searching for Serenity!
I don’t know what the weather is like in SD today....

Weather in Rapid City, South Dakota today:

Sunday
wx_69.png

Mostly Cloudy

-2°

Sunrise: 06:58:59 am
Sunset: 05:14:49 pm
Moonrise: 09:54:10 am
Moonset: 11:04:17 pm

Day: Clouds giving way to sun . Highs in the upper single digits and lows -4 to 0F.

Night: Partly cloudy skies. Low 1F. Winds SSE at 10 to 15 mph.

KOTA - Weather

Wind chill advisory on that site but I don't think it pertains to the search area but I really do not know.

Wind Chill Advisory
Areas Affected: Butte; Harding; Northern Meade Co Plains; Perkins; Ziebach

NWS RapidCity (Western South Dakota and Northeastern Wyoming)
...DANGEROUS WIND CHILLS AGAIN TONIGHT AND SUNDAY MORNING... .Very cold temperatures and some wind will result in wind chill values of 20 below to 30 below zero across much of northwest South Dakota this morning. ...WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM MST THIS MORNING...

* WHAT...Very cold wind chills. Wind chills as low as 30 below zero.

* WHERE...Harding, Butte, Perkins, Ziebach and the Northern Meade County Plains.

* WHEN...Until 11 AM MST this morning.

Last edited:
I feel honored to be part of this thread, reading all of your compassionate and insightful messages. Each time I log on here, I feel this way.

It is so heartwarming to read your words of support and great caring and kindness. Your compassion and love for others is so solid.

You are all such remarkable people and it is so heartlifting to know there are such good-hearted people as yourselves around. Makes my heart sing.

Last edited:
Wind chill advisory on that site but I don't think it pertains to the search area but I really do not know.

Wind Chill Advisory
Areas Affected: Butte; Harding; Northern Meade Co Plains; Perkins; Ziebach

NWS RapidCity (Western South Dakota and Northeastern Wyoming)
...DANGEROUS WIND CHILLS AGAIN TONIGHT AND SUNDAY MORNING... .Very cold temperatures and some wind will result in wind chill values of 20 below to 30 below zero across much of northwest South Dakota this morning. ...WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM MST THIS MORNING...

* WHAT...Very cold wind chills. Wind chills as low as 30 below zero.

* WHERE...Harding, Butte, Perkins, Ziebach and the Northern Meade County Plains.

* WHEN...Until 11 AM MST this morning.

ETA: (from the National Weather Service)

1. DzCRe2ZXgAAMrVA.jpg

We have done so much speculating about whether Serenity stayed on the road, veered left on that path, hid in the woods, was picked up by someone, etc. Is Fox News just making an assumption here because the woods are being searched or do "authorities" actually know that she entered the woods? (Article published 5 hours ago.)

Recovery effort resumes in South Dakota for missing 9-year-old girl
Authorities say Serenity Dennard ran away from the Black Hills Children’s Home that day and entered the surrounding forest.

I feel honored to be part of this thread, reading all of your compassionate and insightful messages. Each time I log on here, I feel this way.

It is so heartwarming to read your words of support and great caring and kindness. Your compassion and love for others is so solid.

You are all such remarkable people and it is so heartlifting to know there are such good-hearted people as yourselves around. Makes my heart sing.
I agree with you- lots of great folks in this thread and I appreciate each and every one of you. You're a big part of this group, @zencompass and it's a blessing to post with you in many threads.

I wish so hard that there was something that I could do to help Serenity and the search crews. I live too far away to make a difference- heck, I'd take care of the little doggies and make them some steaks and bring them freeze dried liver treats and peanut butter and graham crackers.

Keeping fingers crossed that the searchers and dogs find her today- I know that each one is working so hard to find Serenity, and it has to be disheartening not to even find evidence of her somewhere to help point them in the direction where she may be. I still keep feeling Hippie Hole for some reason, maybe because a lot of kids are attracted to water.

I agree with you- lots of great folks in this thread and I appreciate each and every one of you. You're a big part of this group, @zencompass and it's a blessing to post with you in many threads.

I wish so hard that there was something that I could do to help Serenity and the search crews. I live too far away to make a difference- heck, I'd take care of the little doggies and make them some steaks and bring them freeze dried liver treats and peanut butter and graham crackers.

Keeping fingers crossed that the searchers and dogs find her today- I know that each one is working so hard to find Serenity, and it has to be disheartening not to even find evidence of her somewhere to help point them in the direction where she may be. I still keep feeling Hippie Hole for some reason, maybe because a lot of kids are attracted to water.

Thanks you both for this and the feelings are mutual. I joined intending to come around every so often. But, y'all are stuck with me now. I really can't find a better place to spend my time than here. It's a great cause, great people, great admin., great fun at times and heartbreak at others. It's just great. IMO it keeps me from becoming jaded by reminding me of life's fragility and the compassion that flows throughout our world even when we sometimes believe it's overWHELMED by evil.

Serenity, we all are pulling for you, baby girl. We'll always be grateful to you for bringing all these folks together and creating some lifelong friendships. Serenity. So beautiful! Hang in there little one.

Edited typo. Over identified? :confused:

This is so so sweet! I'm not a doggie lover, but this made me say "awww". :) Heart of steel, Steelslady? Nope. You're a sugar heart...sweet!

"I live too far away to make a difference- " You're making a difference. We all are. Don't ever forget that. :)

The longer it takes to find her, if she is in the woods my biggest concern is that she burrowed under something with hypothermia. Will make her more difficult to find, but I have faith they will eventually. Hopefully soon.

We have done so much speculating about whether Serenity stayed on the road, veered left on that path, hid in the woods, was picked up by someone, etc. Is Fox News just making an assumption here because the woods are being searched or do "authorities" actually know that she entered the woods? (Article published 5 hours ago.)

Authorities say Serenity Dennard ran away from the Black Hills Children’s Home that day and entered the surrounding forest.

That's how it's been reported from the beginning but I don't think they know for sure. However I think if she didn't get picked up then this is likely correct.

When I was 14 and ran away, I hid in a snow bank when I heard people looking for me. I wonder if she did the same. Even if there wasn't snow on the ground, were there old snow banks still built up from previous snows?

I’ve been here following along since the beginning of this heartbreaking and scary situation.

I believe there is strength in numbers so I just wanted it to be known that a woman, a mother in Idaho has been praying her heart out and will continue to do so until sweet little Serenity is found.

And the picture of the doggie with icicles on his chin put a lump in my throat. Also praying for the searchers, doggies, community, staff, and family.

That's how it's been reported from the beginning but I don't think they know for sure. However I think if she didn't get picked up then this is likely correct.

I would think the assumption comes from the fact that the people who originally saw her by the road drove up and down the road looking for her, but didn't see her again. The logical conclusion would be that she went off-road.

I wonder if there are any cabins or shelters in the woods that she may have went into.
Even if they aren’t heated, she would have been warmer in one of those than being out in the elements.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member