Advice

Welcome to Websleuths!

My habit is to click New Posts and scroll for threads in locations that I'm familiar with.

I have experience as a genealogist, and educator, and sewist. So cases with kids and clothing interest me, especially in places I can visualize.

You might try the Game Room as well, some fun folks hang out there.

Just jump in, ClosetCop!

Hi ClosetCop! :) I've compiled for you some information that was extremely helpful to me. This should at least get you started.

The Rules
Terms of Service (short version)
Using social media

Here is where you'll find current and past cases to follow or contribute. It depends on what interests you. Some of us prefer following along with current cases, others of us prefer cold cases, and some of us have an interest in helping identify people who have passed but their identity is unknown.

Missing person forums
Missing
Located
Unidentified
Identified

Websleuths has a ton to offer including a private fun zone (;)woo woo, that sounds exciting) and it is but not like that! :p Haha. Wherever you decide to start I hope you enjoy yourself. Don't be shy at all, either. Just jump on in with us. After youve read all the importqnt stuff ask questions as needed. I've found the folks here at WS are amazingly friendly and helpful.

Welcome to you and enjoy! :D

All the above is solid advice.
As suggested, it's always good to start by reading the TOS. This is a unique and well run forum that focuses on facts, no victim bashing, and so forth. The TOS addresses all the do's and don'ts.

If you are a LEO, it would be great to have you identified as a "verified insider".
We especially appreciate having LEO on these threads to provide that unique perspective. If interested, send an email to:
wsverify@gmail.com
That will kick the process off, and give you some additional posting privileges with regard to attribution, sources, etc.

Welcome aboard!

Hi ClosetCop! :) I've compiled for you some information that was extremely helpful to me. This should at least get you started.

The Rules
Terms of Service (short version)
Using social media

Here is where you'll find current and past cases to follow or contribute. It depends on what interests you. Some of us prefer following along with current cases, others of us prefer cold cases, and some of us have an interest in helping identify people who have passed but their identity is unknown.

Missing person forums
Missing
Located
Unidentified
Identified

Websleuths has a ton to offer including a private fun zone (;)woo woo, that sounds exciting) and it is but not like that! :p Haha. Wherever you decide to start I hope you enjoy yourself. Don't be shy at all, either. Just jump on in with us. After youve read all the importqnt stuff ask questions as needed. I've found the folks here at WS are amazingly friendly and helpful.

Welcome to you and enjoy! :D
Thank you for taking the time to help me

Welcome ClosetCop ! I'm fairly fresh as well ... asking q's is a great start with so many helpful people onboard. I landed on Websleuths while gathering info that had found it's way online, about a local search ... still here :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Postalgirl74
Back