Found Deceased MO - Darnell Gray, 4, Jefferson City, 24 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #2

Re: Change of Venue. This woman should not look a gift horse in the mouth. For what she did and what happened to this little boy, to only be charged with the one(s) she is! She better take what she can get and run to the nearest prison cell.

JMO

Re: Change of Venue. This woman should not look a gift horse in the mouth. For what she did and what happened to this little boy, to only be charged with the one(s) she is! She better take what she can get and run to the nearest prison cell.

JMO
I am just shocked that these defendants can get such sentences as 7 - 15 years for child abuse resulting in death??? How is this even possible, something is so wrong with the system.

Not sure IF this is happening today - I might have "missed" something on the case.... @jggordo ?? And her middle name - is that correct? :)

Wednesday, January 23rd:
*Jail Docket Hearing – (@ 1:30pm ET) - MO – Darnell S. Gray (4) (missing Oct. 25, 2018, Jefferson City, found Oct. 30, 2018) – *Quatavia Lqwoun Givens (26) (ex-gf of father) arrested & charged (10/31/18) & arraigned (11/8/18) with 1st degree child abuse resulting in death. Indicted (12/18/18) with felony abuse or neglect of a child. Plead not guilty. No bond.
Arraignment hearing on 11/8/18. Def. asks for public defender, did not enter plea. Judge set bond hearing. Complaint read to defendant. Public Defender appointed to represent defendant. Continued to jail docket to set Preliminary hearing on 11/15. 11/13/18: Order for fingerprints for Givens. Motion filed for caseload conference. 11/15/18: Hearing rescheduled for 11/29. 11/29/18: Hearing moved to 1/23/19. 1/15/19 Plead not guilty. Defense files motion for change of venue, hearing set for 2/26.

01/15/2019 Plea/Trial Setting Scheduled
Scheduled For: 02/26/2019; 1:00 PM ; JON EDWARD BEETEM; Cole Circuit
Hearing Held
State by APA Thompson. Defendant in person by video. 02/26/2019 at 1 pm to resolve venue issue. /s/JEB/jw
Scheduled For: 01/15/2019; 1:00 PM ; JON EDWARD BEETEM; Cole Circuit

BBM

I will be surprised if she is allowed a change of venue. Both Prosecutors and Media have gone out of their way to not give in to a reason for her to get one. JMO

Thinking of you today Darnell. Sure wish you'd have been able to come home like another sweet little boy recently. You're safe now and justice is coming for QG little man.

I can't help but to believe there MUST have been some sort of plea deal in order to get her to confess and lead LE to little Darnell's remains. It's the only way I can wrap my head around the minimal charges this winch has against what she did.

JMO

A confusing addition to this defendant's cases:

COLE CO FOSTER CARE CHILDRENS DIV , Petitioner
1716 FOUR SEASONS DR STE 104
JEFFERSON CITY, MO 65101

GIVENS , QUATAVIA , Respondent
1000040232 COLE CO JAIL
PO BOX 426
JEFFERSON CITY, MO 65102

01/29/2019 Judgment Entered
Administrative order certified to the Circuit Court by the Department of Social Services, Family Support Division. Child Support in the amount of $122.00 per month beginning 15-FEB-2019 is hereby entered against the Respondent. Family Support Division may send an immediate income withholding for payment of such support. Payments are to be made to the Family Support Payment Center. Respondent is also to maintain health benefits for the child(ren). mlf
Other Final Disposition

So does she have another child in Foster Care?

Ok, this may be an unpopular post but I've got to ask at this point....what was this defendant doing watching DG to begin with? I know the dad said he went to visit his 'sick mother' in his home state but why not bring his son with him, DG wasn't in school yet? What about the mom, wouldn't she have liked to have seen him?

If this defendant has/had a child in foster care, then that suggests to me she's shown signs of abuse or neglect in the past. Did dad know this? Was QG an ex gf at the time she babysat DG or were dad and she still dating?

From what I recall - she was his ex gf at the time she watch DG. Not sure if they were still dating, but I'll say no - they weren't at that time.
Thanks niner, then that makes even less sense to me why dad would have left DG in his care to begin with.

I know none of this will ever make 'sense', nor will it bring little DG back, but I try so hard to understand what/why these things continue to happen time and time again.

I guess the simple truth is some people are just bad.:(

All in all I believe it is uncommon for a Mother to abandon or allow her child to be moved away at such an early age. Not only was Darnell moved away, but then his Father left him in the care of a "troubled" person. It seems to me that more and more parents have children for all the wrong reasons, or a relaxed attitude toward conception IMO. I have heard not one peep from the biological Mother of Darnell and very little from the Father. Darnell seems to not be cared for on SO many levels.

JMO

All in all I believe it is uncommon for a Mother to abandon or allow her child to be moved away at such an early age. Not only was Darnell moved away, but then his Father left him in the care of a "troubled" person. It seems to me that more and more parents have children for all the wrong reasons, or a relaxed attitude toward conception IMO. I have heard not one peep from the biological Mother of Darnell and very little from the Father. Darnell seems to not be cared for on SO many levels.

JMO
I also don't remember anything from mom and little from dad either. It seems like little D was inconvenient and that just breaks my heart. He's happy now and away from the harm and neglect he suffered here on earth.

Tuesday, February 26th:
*Motions Hearing – (@ 1pm ET) - MO – Darnell S. Gray (4) (missing Oct. 25, 2018, Jefferson City, found Oct. 30, 2018) – *Quatavia Lwoun Givens (26) (ex-gf of father) arrested & charged (10/31/18) & arraigned (11/8/18) with 1st degree child abuse resulting in death. Indicted (12/18/18) with felony abuse or neglect of a child. Plead not guilty. No bond.
Arraignment hearing on 11/8/18. Def. asks for public defender, did not enter plea. Judge set bond hearing. Complaint read to defendant. Public Defender appointed to represent defendant. Continued to jail docket to set Preliminary hearing on 11/15. 11/13/18: Order for fingerprints for Givens. Motion filed for caseload conference. 11/15/18: Hearing rescheduled for 11/29. 11/29/18: Hearing moved to 1/23/19. 12/28/18: Filed Motion for Change of Venue (out of Cole County) & change of Judge. Arraignment hearing on 1/15.
1/15/19 Update: Plead not guilty; waived prelim hearing. Defense files motion for change of venue. Next Motions hearing on venue issue on 2/26.

1/29/19 Judgment Entered: Administrative order certified to the Circuit Court by the Department of Social Services, Family Support Division. Child Support in the amount of $122.00 per month beginning 15-FEB-2019 is hereby entered against the Respondent. Family Support Division may send an immediate income withholding for payment of such support. Payments are to be made to the Family Support Payment Center. Respondent is also to maintain health benefits for the child(ren).

Jury to be drawn from Johnson County for woman accused in Darnell Gray death

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - The jury for the trial of a woman accused in the death of Darnell Gray, 4, of Jefferson City, will be drawn from Johnson County, according to a Cole County judge.

Quatavia Givens, 26, had a court hearing on Tuesday, which determined details of the case, including where the jury will be drawn from.

Givens will appear in court again on March 5 for a bond hearing.

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - The jury for the trial of a woman accused in the death of Darnell Gray, 4, of Jefferson City, will be drawn from Johnson County, according to a Cole County judge.

Quatavia Givens, 26, had a court hearing on Tuesday, which determined details of the case, including where the jury will be drawn from.

Johnson County is clear over by Warrensburg. That is quite a ways away. I would say no one over there has heard of this case. imo

I just hope that Darnell can get some justice from these juror's.

Well, of course she got her change of venue. :mad: Not to worry though, once any rational juror who hears the evidence in this case, up to and including her admission "I must have hit him wrong", and telling LE the location he could be found will surely send this monster away for as long as possible.

One look at that sweet boy's face and there's no humanly possible way to understand how someone could hurt an innocent child. Or animals, and the elderly too. It makes me fighting mad these cases and then breaks my heart in the end.:(

Justice for Darnell, sweet boy!

Tuesday, March 5th:
*Bond Hearing – (@ am ET) - MO – Darnell S. Gray (4) (missing Oct. 25, 2018, Jefferson City, found Oct. 30, 2018) – *Quatavia Lwoun Givens (26) (ex-gf of father) arrested & charged (10/31/18) & arraigned (11/8/18) with 1st degree child abuse resulting in death. Indicted (12/18/18) with felony abuse or neglect of a child. Plead not guilty. No bond.
Arraignment hearing on 11/8/18. Def. asks for public defender, did not enter plea. Judge set bond hearing. Complaint read to defendant. Public Defender appointed to represent defendant. Continued to jail docket to set Preliminary hearing on 11/15. 11/13/18: Order for fingerprints for Givens. Motion filed for caseload conference. 11/15/18: Hearing rescheduled for 11/29. 11/29/18: Hearing moved to 1/23/19. 12/28/18: Filed Motion for Change of Venue (out of Cole County) & change of Judge. Arraignment hearing on 1/15.
1/15/19 Update: Plead not guilty; waived prelim hearing. Defense files motion for change of venue. Next Motions hearing on venue issue on 2/26.
1/29/19 Judgment Entered: Administrative order certified to the Circuit Court by the Department of Social Services, Family Support Division. Child Support in the amount of $122.00 per month beginning 15-FEB-2019 is hereby entered against the Respondent. Family Support Division may send an immediate income withholding for payment of such support. Payments are to be made to the Family Support Payment Center. Respondent is also to maintain health benefits for the child(ren).
2/26/19 Update: Jurors will be drawn from Johnson County, but trial will stay in Cole County. Next bond hearing on 3/5.

03/04/2019 Bond Appearance Hrng Sched
Scheduled For: 03/21/2019; 9:00 AM ; JON EDWARD BEETEM; Cole Circuit
Order
State appears by APA Fox. Defendant appears by atty Ellswick. Defendant requests additional time for preparation for bond hearing. State interposes no objection. Case reset for hearing 3/21/2019 at 9:00 am. 2 hours allowed. Media approval continues to this hearing date. /s/JEB/jw
Filed By: JON EDWARD BEETEM
Hearing Continued/Rescheduled
Hearing Continued From: 03/05/2019; 1:00 PM Bond Appearance Hearing

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members