The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Philip Gives Up Driver’s License

Prince Philip is putting down the car keys at age 97.

Philip, the husband of Queen Elizabeth II, gave up his driver’s license, according to a statement released on behalf of the royal family on Saturday, a month after a collision on a rural road north of London raised questions about his abilities behind the wheel.

“After careful consideration, the Duke of Edinburgh has taken the decision to voluntarily surrender his driving license,” said a spokeswoman for Buckingham Palace, referring to Philip by his official royal title...

The Duchess of Sussex’s half-sister has clinched a £100,000 payday from the royal baby before it’s even born.

Samantha Markle, 54, will rake it in from two TV documentaries, chat shows, a book and £2,000-an-hour interviews.

A source said: “Samantha has every right to celebrate the birth of her niece or nephew in spring and will talk about her connection to Meghan, as they are family.

“She does not have an outlandish lifestyle so the money will make a difference to her. She has never been given a penny by Meghan so she has every right to earn her own money in this way.”

Meghan Markle's sister Samantha will rake in £100,000 from royal baby

Absolutely disgusting.

A woman who broke her wrist in a crash with Prince Philip has said 'roads will be safer now' after the Duke surrendered his licence.

Emma Fairweather, 46, has said the Duke's decision was "sensible" and "the right thing to do," adding that it was a 'shame he didn't make the decision sooner'.

Prince Philip crash victim's blunt response after Duke gives up licence

Prince Philip Gives Up Driver’s License

Prince Philip is putting down the car keys at age 97.

Philip, the husband of Queen Elizabeth II, gave up his driver’s license, according to a statement released on behalf of the royal family on Saturday, a month after a collision on a rural road north of London raised questions about his abilities behind the wheel.

“After careful consideration, the Duke of Edinburgh has taken the decision to voluntarily surrender his driving license,” said a spokeswoman for Buckingham Palace, referring to Philip by his official royal title...

Good! I actually wonder if the Queen made him and can bet the family was putting the stranglehold on him.
He could have killed someone else besides himself.

Good! I actually wonder if the Queen made him and can bet the family was putting the stranglehold on him.
He could have killed someone else besides himself.

I bet there have been a few heated discussions over this behind the scenes. I don’t think we will ever know why unless it is leaked by “Royal sources”.

The Duchess of Sussex’s half-sister has clinched a £100,000 payday from the royal baby before it’s even born.

Samantha Markle, 54, will rake it in from two TV documentaries, chat shows, a book and £2,000-an-hour interviews.

A source said: “Samantha has every right to celebrate the birth of her niece or nephew in spring and will talk about her connection to Meghan, as they are family.

“She does not have an outlandish lifestyle so the money will make a difference to her. She has never been given a penny by Meghan so she has every right to earn her own money in this way.”

Meghan Markle's sister Samantha will rake in £100,000 from royal baby

Absolutely disgusting.

You never saw Pippa yelling for a buck.

Yes I think he was forced out of the driving world and had no choice.
Don't think the royal family wanted to have a precedent for 97 years old's driving around getting in accidents.
There just comes a time when it is time.....:)

You never saw Pippa yelling for a buck.

She did release a book about entertaining and got a job as a magazine coloumnist due to the fascination with her behind at the Royal wedding but she has never exposed her relationship with her sister, the Duchess of Cambridge. But the Middletons are multimillionaires and Pippa’s husband is worth £40 million so she doesn’t have the incentive to sell her soul for the highest buck.

View attachment 168309 View attachment 168310 View attachment 168311 View attachment 168312 View attachment 168313 View attachment 168314 View attachment 168315

Letter showing true tragedy of Meghan Markle's rift with a father she says has 'broken her heart into a million pieces’

Letter showing true tragedy of Meghan Markle's rift with her father | Daily Mail Online

I wonder what is going on and why this letter has leaked and by whom.

I don't think anyone "leaked" the letter. Daddy Markle made the letter available to the press along with an unnecessary interview. I was afraid that the interview with Meghan's friends would only lead to her father and sister further attacking her in the press.
My heart breaks for Meghan. I cannot believe a father would do this to his daughter. I hope that Meghan is able to file a Cease and Desist against the two of them (in the U.S.). This has gone too far now.

Yes I think he was forced out of the driving world and had no choice.
Don't think the royal family wanted to have a precedent for 97 years old's driving around getting in accidents.
There just comes a time when it is time.....:)

I doubt that this was voluntary. His absolute bravado of driving the very next day...was lacking any insight into the very public optics of that particular behavior. Clueless.

The fact that this man has no reason at all to drive himself anywhere ever made it even more disturbing. He can tinkle a bell, or whatever they do, and have a myriad of household staff take him anywhere in a heartbeat. It actually made me wonder if he escaped, because he didn't have any security personnel with him. I bet that all of the car keys are secured now.

Poor Meghan. She worked hard to become a successful actress, and obviously has something extraordinary to make Prince Harry smitten. He definitely had his choice of many women.

I wonder if her family would be so persistent about a relationship if she wasn't one of the most famous women in the world.

Last edited:
E292913B-7FC0-4AC7-8FB7-5FA832C283B1.jpeg

Royal ray of sunshine! The Queen brings a splash of colour in a vibrant yellow ensemble as she attends church at Sandringham - but no sign of Prince Phillip after his decision to quit driving

The Queen brings a splash of colour in a vibrant yellow ensemble at church at Sandringham | Daily Mail Online

I’m surprised Her Majesty is still at Sandringham on her Winter break normally she is straight back to Buckingham Palace after the anniversary of her father’s death on the 6th of February. It is very unusual.

I may have missed this before..

Harry comment on walking at the funeral

"“I don’t think any child should be asked to do that, under any circumstances. I don’t think it would happen today.” (e.d. I still think that is Iconic, so sad that he regrets walking behind , is a heartbreaking moment..mummy envelope too)

Following their mother’s passing, both Princes were taken back to Kensington Palace to grieve in private. The boys were then told that they could each choose an heirloom from Diana’s personal jewellery collection.
While William chose his mother’s watch, Harry would ultimately choose to inherit Diana’s iconic sapphire engagement ring.The Princes had agreed that whoever became engaged first would ultimately have the right to the 2-carat oval blue Ceylon sapphire ring.

January 2016 cheap replicas of Diana’s engagement ring were withdrawn from the Kensington Palace gift shop. In an act that showed her commitment to honoring Diana’s memory, it was rumored that Kate herself had requested that the rings be removed."

Prince Harry's Selfless Decision That Changed history

Prince Philip gives up driver’s license after crash

...Prosecutors said they would consider the decision as they decide whether to charge the husband of Queen Elizabeth II over the Jan. 17 crash...

I cringe to think if somebody had died in that accident.

But as many of us know, imho as ages that are probably here, that we have had to confront parents and have taken their driver's license away. Unfortunately, many of us regret that we did not make it happen sooner than later?

It's an awful awful thing to happen when you try to have it taken away, and resisted, and then you learn a year later that they had an accident and somebody was life-flighted away from the accident. ( yes, that was my situation like this. I had told the person for some time that they should not be driving but I did not have legal authority to do anything about it)

I would have crawled up in a ball for days in the dark and cried if I knew that I could have prevented it and did not If the person had died.( that is why I think I understand when murderers families try to apologize oh, but that is another thing going on in another right now, so I'll not talk about it.)

I guess, for him and elderly, it's like being perhaps when you are young and drinking.

That you need to absolutely accept anyone that says "you cannot drive, I am driving you home. ".. or, you're getting to the age where you need to have help and you cannot drive anymore.

Note I have always thought...

Never ever ever question that if a friend of yours says that you are putting your life or somebody else's life in danger, give them the keys.

I said that once to A girlfriend of mine about 5 years ago and she accepted it.

Accept it. So that is how I will be when I get to the age. I will give up my license immediately. And I expect to be surrounded by people who love me that will tell me .

Last edited:
View attachment 168309 View attachment 168310 View attachment 168311 View attachment 168312 View attachment 168313 View attachment 168314 View attachment 168315

Letter showing true tragedy of Meghan Markle's rift with a father she says has 'broken her heart into a million pieces’

Letter showing true tragedy of Meghan Markle's rift with her father | Daily Mail Online

I wonder what is going on and why this letter has leaked and by whom.

This is absolutely heartbreaking. We can't choose our family unfortunately, but we can put them out of our lives. Good for Meghan!

Hey Everyone,

Websleuths has a general rule at that is no name calling OK? You can express your dislike with whatever but draw the line at name calling please alright?

If you do express your dislike do so in a manner that doesn't seem like you are talking about a mass murderer. These are the Royals and Megan's family you are discussing. Not Jim Jones. Please dial back the hate and no name calling.

Thank you.
Tricia (Proud to be raised by a mum born and raised in London) Griffith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members