Good Southern Common Sense

BlueCrab said:
angel,

Well, none of us know for sure, do we?

BR could not be eliminated by the CBI as the WRITER of the ransom note. The CBI used six nationally accomplished handwriting experts who had the original note to examine and I give a lot of weight to their opinions.

If BR wrote it I think he likely had help with the wording from an older accomplice and the dictionary that was found open. IMO the naive note, with its exaggerated threats and terrorist-type scenarios, had juvenile male written all over it.

There was no intruder because the Ramseys wouldn't be lying their asses off, refusing to cooperate, and covering up to protect the identity of an intruder. Yet, there were a lot of crime scene items of evidence missing, and a fifth person in the house that night is the only way these items could have gotten out of the house before the cops got there. That person also helped with the ransom note -- and he may be the killer.

That fifth person, known to both BR and JBR, could have been an adult or it could have been another kid, but there was another person in the house. It's the only scenario that works.

BlueCrab

BlueCrab - Patsy cannot be "eliminated" as the author of the note either. On top of that, it is HER individual use of words, phrases, puncuation, style, and over-the-top drama that moves her right to the top of the list.
Alex Hunter once talked about this handwriting subject with Geraldo and while they had handwriting "experts" critique the note and comparisons - he made a very important point. He said that the critera used by these "experts" is SOOOO restrictive and narrow (paraphrasing) that he wanted to get the ransom note and suspects exemplars in front of a JURY to go over and examine and use their reasoning and common sense.
In other words, he didn't seem to put alot of stock in these "experts" and their methods of handwriting analysis. I think particularly when the handwriting in the note was DISGUISED.
Keep in mind that handwriting experts do NOT look at the linguistics and content of the note in their analysis.
Were they to do so they would eliminate Burke right away. But that's not their "expertise."

Patsy Ramsey wrote that note. There is NO doubt in my mind.

K777angel said:
BlueCrab - Patsy cannot be "eliminated" as the author of the note either. On top of that, it is HER individual use of words, phrases, puncuation, style, and over-the-top drama that moves her right to the top of the list.

angel,

I'm sure Patsy was Burke's single-most important tutor when he was learning how to write. Therefore, much of Patsy's individual use of words, phrases, punctuation, and style would spontaneously become Burke's.

BlueCrab said:
angel,

I'm sure Patsy was Burke's single-most important tutor when he was learning how to write. Therefore, much of Patsy's individual use of words, phrases, punctuation, and style would spontaneously become Burke's.
i'm beginning to suspect that Patsy wrote the note to cover for something that Burke did.

i am still 100% open to the possibility that B wrote the note though.

Angel, BC, anyone, - is there any evidence that speaks against Patsy writing the note to cover for Burke?

Seems to me that the best motive for a Ram coverup is that BDI. This seems to combine the "best" (or ... err.... worst) of both worlds.

GuruJosh said:
i'm beginning to suspect that Patsy wrote the note to cover for something that Burke did.

i am still 100% open to the possibility that B wrote the note though.

Angel, BC, anyone, - is there any evidence that speaks against Patsy writing the note to cover for Burke?

Seems to me that the best motive for a Ram coverup is that BDI. This seems to combine the "best" (or ... err.... worst) of both worlds.

It first needs to be established that the Ramseys DID indeed "cover-up" for someone - meaning the crime scene was staged.
That is irrefutable. The crime scene WAS staged. The note being the most obvious part of the staging.
In fact, the FBI stated that this crime had "staging WITHIN staging."
So... the next obvious question is WHOM they staged it for.
After reviewing the Ramseys actions they chose to take - and neglect to take those first critical days and weeks, it becomes clear that the most likely scenario is that their son Burke was involved in the crime, they were afraid for what might happen to him, so they staged the crime scene to cover-up for him never dreaming the case would become an international sensation and labeled one of the "crimes of the century."
I believe they are continuing to cover for Burke to this day.
AND - I believe there had probably been a growing pattern within the Ramsey household of "covering" for Burke in different situations.
The extent of which was probably not completely evident to outsiders but very much so inside that home.
It would not surprise me one bit.

K777angel said:
AND - I believe there had probably been a growing pattern within the Ramsey household of "covering" for Burke in different situations.
The extent of which was probably not completely evident to outsiders but very much so inside that home.

angel,

Yes, you are now fishing in the right pond. There's a lot of stuff of a sexual nature that can't be brought out in regard to BR because it's hearsay. However, some of it is in writing and I have copies of it but can't use it. The problem goes all the way back to when BR was a toddler and the Ramseys lived in Atlanta prior to moving to Boulder.

BlueCrab said:
angel,

Yes, you are now fishing in the right pond. There's a lot of stuff of a sexual nature that can't be brought out in regard to BR because it's hearsay. However, some of it is in writing and I have copies of it but can't use it. The problem goes all the way back to when BR was a toddler and the Ramseys lived in Atlanta prior to moving to Boulder.

BlueCrab,

On another thread you stated:

"Some of the Ramsey family's comments suggest that perhaps JAR had been molesting JonBenet and the family knew about it and disapproved, but had been taking a relatively tolerant posture toward it."
I asked for a source to that,but to date you haven't given one.

Now you you are claiming,that you have information that suggests BR also had inappropiate sexual problems which started when he was a toddler.But you can't divulge the source.

If what you are sayng is true ...it claims BOTH JAR and BR had "problems." That would change my mind on a lot of things! Especially,Patsy's comment: "We never thought THIS would happen."

But this creates a problem for the rest of us posters,who can only go with information we have.If you have information that we are not privy to ... how can we possibly come up with credible theories,if we don't have all the information?

capps said:
BlueCrab,

On another thread you stated:

"Some of the Ramsey family's comments suggest that perhaps JAR had been molesting JonBenet and the family knew about it and disapproved, but had been taking a relatively tolerant posture toward it."
I asked for a source to that,but to date you haven't given one.

Now you you are claiming,that you have information that suggests BR also had inappropiate sexual problems which started when he was a toddler.But you can't divulge the source.

If what you are sayng is true ...it claims BOTH JAR and BR had "problems." That would change my mind on a lot of things! Especially,Patsy's comment: "We never thought THIS would happen."

But this creates a problem for the rest of us posters,who can only go with information we have.If you have information that we are not privy to ... how can we possibly come up with credible theories,if we don't have all the information?

capps,

I don't have a source for my comment about JAR other than what I stated in the post -- some of the Ramsey family comments suggest things, and enough things have been said, or morelike slipped, to develop a theory that JAR could have been involved with JBR in a sexual way. The contents of JAR's suitcase is rather damning.

In regard to BR, the information is interesting but hearsay, and therefore may not be true. It allegedly involves actions by a non-family member performed on BR as a toddler that 99% of the public would consider inappropriate because it could shape certain sexual behaviors for life. The cops are aware of this information.

BlueCrab

In PMPT, it is claimed that the wasteful "Atlanta Branch" of Access, with Nedra and the family as "employees", turned into a gossip circle and needed to be closed down. One of the examples of why it was a family gossip circle was apparently Nedra'a discussions with employees about Burke's penis size when he was born.

I was struggling to think of any particular relevance of this to the discussion, apart from the obvious sexual aspect.

I suppose in the back of my mind, it shows that the Paugh family had a sexual side that they weren't particularly careful about airing.

Then again, I am not sure whether discussing a baby's penis size is common among women or not. I would have thought it would be uncommon, but I am a man and I simply don't know what women talk about when they are alone. Probably some sort of conspiracy stuff i would guess ;)

John may have had a jones for the South: DOI mentions the desirable family values of the South.

But I suspect "good southern common sense" is ironic, similar to Jack Kennedy's joke about Washington combining "northern charm and southern efficiency."

capps,

The town of Boulder and the state of Colorado was under the control of the Democratic party at that time, from the governor down to the D.A. As everyone knows, one-party control leads to excesses and brazen behaviors.

If my theory is correct, the coverup of the crime by the authorities would have been routine in 1996 -- with them expecting the murder to become nothing but a temporary local news story and a pussycat to cover up. But the sexy videos of JonBenet competing in the pageants changed all of that, and the authorities suddenly had a man-eating tiger by the tail and they couldn't let it go.

IMO a culpable perp was involved in the killing of JonBenet and his name is being hidden by Boulder authorities and other powerful figures who got sucked up in the coverup and are now themselves culpable of a crime for participating in an illegal coverup. For them to tell the truth now would probably bring scorn and criminal charges against each and everyone involved.

What I am not sure of in this theory is WHY the rich and powerful of Colorado got themselves illegally involved in a coverup that has lately scooped up even the judicial system and the liberal media in attempts to pin the crime on a non-existent intruder.

BlueCrab
No wonder this case got botched up from the beginning They should have been out looking for the murderer instead of focusing on John and Patsy. There was stranger's DNA on JB. They lived near the university, lots of homeless people and one neighbor committed suicide after JB was murdered. The Ramsey's only crime was not locking all their doors when they left, John admitted to that and said sadly they should have. As far as the note, there was someone in that house listening to them and writing down what they said. It's a no-brainer.

No wonder this case got botched up from the beginning They should have been out looking for the murderer instead of focusing on John and Patsy. There was stranger's DNA on JB. They lived near the university, lots of homeless people and one neighbor committed suicide after JB was murdered. The Ramsey's only crime was not locking all their doors when they left, John admitted to that and said sadly they should have. As far as the note, there was someone in that house listening to them and writing down what they said. It's a no-brainer.

Listening to them on a day-to-day basis or just hanging out that night when they came home and listening to them? If the latter, I would say that neither Ramsey has said that their conversation that night or during Christmas day was echoed in the note.

Listening to them on a day-to-day basis or just hanging out that night when they came home and listening to them? If the latter, I would say that neither Ramsey has said that their conversation that night or during Christmas day was echoed in the note.
Oh I'm sure they did say something. They were devastated at the time it didn't matter, their daughter was dead. John was even suicidal. Noone will ever convince me they murdered their daughter ever because they didn't. They were punished for being punished.

I think accusing a 9 year old child who from all accounts has grownup up to be a nice, normal,law abiding citizen, of murdering his sister is one of the worst theories I have ever heard. I'm really surprised and disappointed that it's allowed here.

I think accusing a 9 year old child who from all accounts has grownup up to be a nice, normal,law abiding citizen, of murdering his sister is one of the worst theories I have ever heard. I'm really surprised and disappointed that it's allowed here.
AMEN!

How anyone can think the ransom note was written by a nine-year-old is completely beyond me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back