The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
One other thing. If you are discussing Megan's family it must be sourced by a mainstream media outlet.

While Megan's family are not related to the Royals their actions are affecting Megan and the Royal Family and therefore can be discussed RESPECTFULLY.

Thank you,
Tricia

DBA2B4A9-70FC-44BD-BB26-282209BB4BD4.jpeg

Kate Middleton has arrived at the BAFTAs in a stunning one-shoulder white gown with Prince William.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have braved the cold to walk down the red carpet at the Royal Albert Hall in Kensington, London.

It is said Kate, 37, is wearing Princess Diana's favourite earrings for the function.

In a fitting tribute to William's late mum, Kate chose the same South Sea Pearl accessories Diana herself wore to a concert at Royal Albert Hall in 1991

Kate Middleton stuns in white gown and Princess Diana's earrings at the BAFTAs

The Duke and Duchess look really nice here. The Duchess’s gown is beautiful.

Good! I actually wonder if the Queen made him and can bet the family was putting the stranglehold on him.
He could have killed someone else besides himself.

I've recently read that the Queen actually has legal authority over her husband and other family members. She has the ability and right to decree he stop operating a motorized vehicle. I know those of you living in G.B. know this, but likely most U.S. residents don't know. We have been concerned about Prince Phillip's well being, though.

I was rather surprised to realize that her rule, if exercised, supercedes what Prince Phillip might want to do .. If she did talk to him "wearing her crown", so to speak, it was because she doesn't want him to be killed or kill others in a tragic car accident. Tough love from a tiny lady with just as great determination as her husband has. :)

The Duchess's gown fits and is appropriate for this occasion.

So ya'll know I approve!

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, always is the epitome' of style, understated elegance, and natural grace. I love her overall styling in that gorgeous gown, hair and makeup perfectly styled, and looking into the group of celebs. so sweetly and confidently demure. She knows how to charm with quiet smiles which are genuine and so beautiful.

Kate's never spoken out of turn of personal " wrongs" or hurts, and is a stunning example of what a Royal wife should be with proper decorum in representation of her monarch and grandmother in law.
To me, she's the 21st century version of exactly the wife Diana would have adored and loved dearly, and I know Charles is so delighted with William, Kate, and their gorgeous children.

William chose a magnificent young lady to be his wife, the mother of his children, and, one day, beside him when he's the King.
Also, their children are among the very few "celeb." type children I consider to be beautiful. George and Charlotte are so free spirited while still behaving. :) It's going to be fun seeing how Louis's personality emerges as he grows. I hope they have one more child.. if they want another, of course. :)

I love reading about the Cambridges' so much now, as they are the pleasant part of media, a happy growing family, the father and son who will one day each rule a country and massive commonwealth of nations.

View attachment 168529

Kate Middleton stuns on BAFTAs red carpet in white gown | Daily Mail Online

A better view of the Duchess’s jewellery tonight. Princess Diana’s earrings and Her Majesty The Queen’s bracelet. The gown is custom Alexander McQueen.

Oh, my stars, I can absolutely recall Diana wearing those earrings!!! They look just as gorgeous on Kate, maybe more, because Diana had the short layered haircut that tended to obscure part of her earrings at times.

I knew they were Diana's from just the photo, but I'm sure a lot of us did.. Kate has been photographed wearing several pearl pieces from Diana's estate, and they always make me so happy and nostalgic.

Attachments

• 22B18DC4-4C79-48F9-ACE4-4D6E0E852282.jpeg
    22B18DC4-4C79-48F9-ACE4-4D6E0E852282.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 15
  • A4B194C1-3FEA-4F13-BD8A-1EA30EB45C8F.jpeg
    A4B194C1-3FEA-4F13-BD8A-1EA30EB45C8F.jpeg
    104.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 876BB6CC-2041-452B-803B-3583C85659D5.jpeg
    876BB6CC-2041-452B-803B-3583C85659D5.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 5DD63D37-7212-4688-9DB1-5809F8189A0E.jpeg
    5DD63D37-7212-4688-9DB1-5809F8189A0E.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 14
One other thing. If you are discussing Megan's family it must be sourced by a mainstream media outlet.

While Megan's family are not related to the Royals their actions are affecting Megan and the Royal Family and therefore can be discussed RESPECTFULLY.

Thank you,
Tricia

A very special thank you Tricia upload_2019-2-11_1-31-2.gif

Oh, my stars, I can absolutely recall Diana wearing those earrings!!! They look just as gorgeous on Kate, maybe more, because Diana had the short layered haircut that tended to obscure part of her earrings at times.

I knew they were Diana's from just the photo, but I'm sure a lot of us did.. Kate has been photographed wearing several pearl pieces from Diana's estate, and they always make me so happy and nostalgic.

I cannot find the article now, but it said the earrings were not the same....look the same to me. Is it possible some of the stones can be changed out? Katherine always wear the long earrings well....I want wondering how heavy the different earrings are and if she ever wear earring supports? Does anyone know?

I cannot find the article now, but it said the earrings were not the same....look the same to me. Is it possible some of the stones can be changed out? Katherine always wear the long earrings well....I want wondering how heavy the different earrings are and if she ever wear earring supports? Does anyone know?

I saw a side by side photo and the mounting of platinum and diamonds are identical, so I think that part is original to Diana's pearls.
When I look at the size and shape of the pearls, Diana's are huge, about 10mm and Kate's appear to be slightly creamier color and in a more teardrop shape.

It's very possible that due to makeup and hair fixative over the years, even with professional care, the nacre on the original pearls could have deteriorated and the pearls had to be replaced, or Kate may have simply wanted the lovely teardrop shape which is really beautiful on her.

Diana's are a little too large. for today's usually restrained Royal jewelry.
I'm not certain that Catherine's pearls are South Sea pearls though. ( I worked with a gemologist for several years on college break and holidays and learned all about precious jewelry but it's fairly easy to see in the side by side photos that the pearls are not the same, unless some weird Photoshop was used on Kate's pair, which seems really unlikely to me.

So, IMO, they are " hybrid" earrings. Same ear post with gorgeous vintage styled mounting with the long swirl, then the pearls which do look different to me in the photos. I would have great difficulty in 2019 feeling comfy in the original earrings due to the size of the pearls, which likely were flawless and extremely valuable in their time span. The accepted wisdom for very fine pearls is that the lifespan is approx. 20 years, sometimes less. As soon as the pearl is removed from the oyster, the pearl starts to deteriorate in air rather than where it rested for many years ( in the case of South Sea pearls).

The cap design on Kate's pearls is also different, causing them to be a few mm. longer.

Last edited:
View attachment 168479

Kate Middleton has arrived at the BAFTAs in a stunning one-shoulder white gown with Prince William.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have braved the cold to walk down the red carpet at the Royal Albert Hall in Kensington, London.

It is said Kate, 37, is wearing Princess Diana's favourite earrings for the function.

In a fitting tribute to William's late mum, Kate chose the same South Sea Pearl accessories Diana herself wore to a concert at Royal Albert Hall in 1991

Kate Middleton stuns in white gown and Princess Diana's earrings at the BAFTAs

The Duke and Duchess look really nice here. The Duchess’s gown is beautiful.
Simply elegant! Just gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member