Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure if they did or not. I thought that was the plan but the pics I’ve seen have been from the area around the pond. I know they were out with Texas equusearch today and searched around 100 acres

Right you are! Sounds like they are done for today.

Christopher Roach‏ @Cgroach 3h3 hours ago
We searched about 100 acres today with Texas Equusearch, Cajun Rescue Cadaver Pepper and about 60 volunteers, Law Enforcement, Fire Dept, and EMS. #Savannahspurlock #Kentucky

DzExlm0WoAIW1k6.jpg

Just caught up. I do hope that this leads to more answers. I am impressed that both Texas Equusearch and Cajun Rescue are on the case.

I saw someone mention that to get to the pond you would need to go up a hill and into brush and they didn't think that was likely for her to have done. I could see one reason for it and that would be to run from someone pursuing her. :(

Here’s one of many articles saying something different.
Police say that Spurlock’s phone went out of service around 8:30 a.m. on the morning she disappeared.
Police Release Photos Of Savannah Spurlock’s Phone, Purse
ETA: This was supposed to be part of post #525

Police report that SS phone went out of service around 8:30 AM is consistent with previous reports of SS's last known communication.

Mom reports SS anxious (anal) about keeping her phone charged. We know SS was carrying a purse, and quite likely she carried her charger when she disappeared.

It's known SS phone was active/charged at 2:30 AM because she reportedly face timed with her Mom -- promising to be home in the morning. After SS did not return home, Mom reportedly phoned SS around 8:30 AM, and call went directly to VM.

Police reportedly tracked SS last known location to a home in Garrard County (and most likely confirmed this location using technical data obtained from the service provider). It's also reported her male companions alleged she was at the home.

Although investigators are not releasing information, they obviously know the when and where Savannah's phone last remitted a signal, including whether the phone was turned off, or battery discharged.

I don't believe it was by choice that SS stopped communicating after 2:30 AM, and also don't believe she ever left her companions alive or on her own.

I'm not sure whether SS was killed in the vehicle, or at the home of her companions, but believe the perp(s) worked to remove all trace of her by 8:30 AM.

I pray today is the day Savannah is recovered, returned to her family, and that they have the chance to put her to rest.

MOO

Just caught up. I do hope that this leads to more answers. I am impressed that both Texas Equusearch and Cajun Rescue are on the case.

I saw someone mention that to get to the pond you would need to go up a hill and into brush and they didn't think that was likely for her to have done. I could see one reason for it and that would be to run from someone pursuing her. :(

You make a very good point. Sometimes what seemed like great fun during a night of partying - suddenly leaves one horrified when they wake the next morning. Could it be she threaten to call LE that AM? Was there video on her phone that incriminated the males?

What's the cell reception like in the search area?

I would think that finding the phone, purse, or other personal item of SS's would make a big difference to the investigation. It might tell them where she was or had been. If they find anything in a field that near the house, it would also be a strong pointer toward what happened.
And it might also link the perp to evidence in a crime. Having surveillance of a suspect at a location where SS's property just happens to be found could prove helpful in obtaining a search warrant. MOO

This smacks of a Holly Bono type situation to me. Except Savannah went willingly at first it seems, due to Facetiming her mom. Unless she was trying to make sure her mom saw who she was with because she wanted help but had to pretend all was okay.
In any event, my sense is she was assaulted and murdered by these men. No overdose. No accident.

I'm disappointed by the overall lack of community involvement. I reached out to some people today about doing something for the Cajun rescuers before they go home. In most other searches we've had in the area, we've had churches and civic organizations step in to provide meals, supply, and support. There has been some of that here and there this time around, but not anywhere near what I've seen in the past.

Yes. Undoubtedly many people see a 22 year old with four kids and infants who was out at a bar and appeared to leave willingly with three strange men and they simply stop caring. Or worse. You should see some of the horrible comments to yahoo articles about this case.

For many people this young woman's life just isn't worth much.

I'm sorry for her and her loved ones.

Its said that there is always some truth in a lie. They stated that her phone went out of service at around 830 am. Could it be that she did pass out on the bed passed away in her sleep. Discovered in the morning. Guy or guys panic turn her phone off and begin to hide her?

This smacks of a Holly Bono type situation to me. Except Savannah went willingly at first it seems, due to Facetiming her mom. Unless she was trying to make sure her mom saw who she was with because she wanted help but had to pretend all was okay.
In any event, my sense is she was assaulted and murdered by these men. No overdose. No accident.

I agree three men meet and take home one girl from a bar, and she then mysteriously just vanishes. I think the chances that they had good intentions goes out the window pretty quickly.....jmo

Last edited:

Wow -- definitely something to think about!

In surveillance of SS leaving the club with the 3 men, it appears she's voluntarily accompanying and/or walking with them.

However, I just learned today that moments before SS facetimed with her Mom, she first hung up on her when she phoned at 2:30 AM asking why SS wasn't home yet.

Mom also reports that she believed SS was in the front seat, and that there were two passengers in the back seat. If so, who was the second passenger in the back? (i.e., earlier reports provided SS left with three men: driver and passenger with SS in one vehicle, and 3rd man followed behind in separate vehicle).

Did SS intentionally use facetime with Mom as a signal something was off -- especially if there was an unknown person that joined them?

ETA: Add link
‘I’m begging you.’ Missing Kentucky woman’s mom thinks men have more to tell.

Last edited:
Wow -- definitely something to think about!

In surveillance of SS leaving the club with the 3 men, it appears she's voluntarily accompanying and/or walking with them.

However, I just learned today that moments before SS facetimed with her Mom, she first hung up on her when she phoned at 2:30 AM asking why SS wasn't home yet.

Mom also reports that she believed SS was in the front seat, and that there were two passengers in the back seat. If so, who was the second passenger in the back? (i.e., earlier reports provided SS left with three men: driver and passenger with SS in one vehicle, and 3rd man followed behind in separate vehicle).

Did SS intentionally use facetime with Mom as a signal something was off -- especially if there was an unknown person that joined them?

Her mom said she didn’t seem worried or concerned when she called her so I don’t think she was calling her for any other reason than checking in. As far as the two people in the backseat, she also mentioned that it was dark and she couldn’t make out too much but she thought there were two people back there bc she thought she heard two distinctly different voices. Since LE has maintained very early on that there were only three men, that’s what I’ve gone by.

Yes, it can happen. I hadn't heard of that one but I know there is another case where a young women left her car on the side of the road and then disappeared and I don't think they ever found her. A neighbor stopped to ask if she needed help and she declined, but he called 911 anyway. When they got there she was gone. I forget her name but I don't think they ever found out what happened to her.
I hope this isn't what happens in this case.
But I'm thinking they have an idea of what happened. They must have some evidence, or maybe a tip, that led to this search.
If someone confessed, does anybody know if they would withhold that information until a body is found?
I know in the Mollie Tibetts case her body was recovered first and then it was announced.
But if someone confessed, I would think they would have found her in the first place they looked.

The case you’re referring to is Maura Murray, and she’s still never been found after 15 or so years.

I just reread the article and that's exactly what SS said to her Mom on facetime from the car - everything is fine, after first hanging up on her!

Ellen Spurlock said she called Savannah about 2:30 a.m.

“I was like, ‘Where are you at? You should be home by now,’” Ellen Spurlock said. “I guess she didn’t like my tone of voice and she hung up. She FaceTimed me right back from a car, and she said, ‘Everything is fine. I’m just having fun with friends. I promise I will be home later this morning.’ She seemed fine to me. She didn’t seem upset or under duress. She was coherent. Whenever she says she’s going to do something, she does it. She’s very responsible.”

The mother said Savannah Spurlock was riding in the front passenger seat with a man driving and at least two people in the backseat. bbm

ETA:
Earlier reports were the third man in video followed in separate vehicle. So who is the second person in back seat? Has this person been identified by LE?

I just reread the article and that's exactly what SS said to her Mom on facetime from the car - everything is fine, after first hanging up on her!

“I was like, ‘Where are you at? You should be home by now,’” Ellen Spurlock said. “I guess she didn’t like my tone of voice and she hung up. She FaceTimed me right back from a car, and she said, ‘Everything is fine. I’m just having fun with friends. I promise I will be home later this morning.’ She seemed fine to me. She didn’t seem upset or under duress. She was coherent. Whenever she says she’s going to do something, she does it. She’s very responsible.”

The mother said Savannah Spurlock was riding in the front passenger seat with a man driving and at least two people in the backseat. bbm

ETA:
Earlier reports were the third man in video followed in separate vehicle. So who is the second person in back seat? Has this person been identified by LE?

I think LE is pretty confident that it was only three guys. 1 in a truck and two following in a car with her. Her friends most recent interview even mentions how the three guys don’t seem to be close friends and are more like Work acquaintances who went to Lexington to pick up girls that night. I think it’s safe to say that there are only 3 guys that they’re most concerned about. Maybe her mom was mistaken or maybe LE ruled out a fourth person.

Her mom said she didn’t seem worried or concerned when she called her so I don’t think she was calling her for any other reason than checking in. As far as the two people in the backseat, she also mentioned that it was dark and she couldn’t make out too much but she thought there were two people back there bc she thought she heard two distinctly different voices. Since LE has maintained very early on that there were only three men, that’s what I’ve gone by.
Although SS may not have appeared to be under duress when she called, I don't think we really know. I'm recalling the brutal torture and massacre of DC family and their housekeeper recently, yet nobody detected anything wrong during their phone calls. MOO

ETA:

I just realized that her mom said she was coherent in that article. If you go back to the first few pages on #1 you’ll find videos from where her mom had said she sounded intoxicated. It makes me think that maybe her mom is having trouble recalling the conversation. I don’t think it’s intentional or anything. She didn’t feel like she had any reason to be hyper aware

Although SS may not have appeared to be under duress when she called, I don't think we really know. I'm recalling the brutal torture and massacre of DC family and their housekeeper recently, yet nobody detected anything wrong during their phone calls. MOO

Good point. Somebody could have been threatening her if she didn't act casual. Not saying she was, but it could have happened.

My husband has been called back out to be there in the morning. When he was told he didn't have to come in today, we thought they'd found her. It's meant to be in the low 50s tomorrow, but we're also meant to have rain. Don't know how much they're going to be able to do. He's meant to be there at 8am.

Lot of posts about her phone being turned off... I sometimes watch my granddaughter and my daughter has texted me from work or a concert or wherever she may be sometimes to say her phone is running out of battery and she is going to turn it off but will check it each hour or so.

Maybe Savannah turned hers off herself if she thought her battery would die overnight to save whatever was left for getting home in the morning and/or to check in with her mom later. I'm oldish now so I almost never have occasion to run out of battery but I know the younger generations don't always plan for charging their phone.

Unfortunately, it's probably not what happened but it's possible she turned it off herself at some point I think. jmo
Police report that SS phone went out of service around 8:30 AM is consistent with previous reports of SS's last known communication.

Mom reports SS anxious (anal) about keeping her phone charged. We know SS was carrying a purse, and quite likely she carried her charger when she disappeared.

It's known SS phone was active/charged at 2:30 AM because she reportedly face timed with her Mom -- promising to be home in the morning. After SS did not return home, Mom reportedly phoned SS around 8:30 AM, and call went directly to VM.

Police reportedly tracked SS last known location to a home in Garrard County (and most likely confirmed this location using technical data obtained from the service provider). It's also reported her male companions alleged she was at the home.

Although investigators are not releasing information, they obviously know the when and where Savannah's phone last remitted a signal, including whether the phone was turned off, or battery discharged.

I don't believe it was by choice that SS stopped communicating after 2:30 AM, and also don't believe she ever left her companions alive or on her own.

I'm not sure whether SS was killed in the vehicle, or at the home of her companions, but believe the perp(s) worked to remove all trace of her by 8:30 AM.

I pray today is the day Savannah is recovered, returned to her family, and that they have the chance to put her to rest.

MOO

I also do not believe it was by choice she stopped communicating then. No matter what my inebriation level is at my phone not dying is always a priority. I would have had to be drugged or involuntary led away from it to have it not be a priority.
The other thing I’m unsure of is whether anyone tried to get a hold of her after her FT with mom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288