Could Michelle have uncovered some financial misdoing at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCBanker

Reaction score
I realize from the overwhelming circumstantial evidence that everyone (including myself) leans toward the notion that this heinous act was committed by the husband. I've certainly been on that bandwagon for quite some time, as there was really nowhere else to look.

I've followed this case from the beginning, and I used to contribute extensively to the Janet Abaroa forum as well. Only until Michelle's autopsy results were recently published did a new train of thought begin to develop.

This was an absolutely brutal, deliberate murder. There are too many methods of killing someone, let alone your wife and mother of your children, that such brutality be exerted. I know it's been done, but it's just very difficult for me to imagine this particular individual (the husband) committing this particular crime in this particular manner.

As I continued to ponder this, the thought came to me that perhaps Michelle stumbled upon some financial misdoing within her company and was murdered as a result. Has this been explored or discussed? I realize I'm playing devil's advocate, but it's healthy to consider as many angles as possible. The ONE thing that has always troubled me with this case is that the husband could leave his child with his dead wife in the house. I just can't believe he'd do that, and I don't even know the guy. I just go on everything I've read and heard about him. Someone tell me they've had the same thoughts...

Hi NCBanker,

It is good to have other avenues to consider besides the husband committing the killing, so thanks for the thread. Putting thoughts towards this angle, several questions come to mind:

* Are you thinking along the lines of a person at CO who knew Michelle, and she had discovered that this person was the one who had either embezled {sp} money or changed financial records to cover something else up? Does this co have locations overseas or in other US cities where they would be involved with finances?

* A person like this, if the child awoke and saw him there, would he be more likely to not harm her since she would never be able to ID him?

* The brutality of this murder, would it follow in suit with this category of killer. The crime tells me someone had an intense anger towards her that was personal. If this did happen, I would think she would have to have posed a gigantic threat he had to eliminate. That to me says she'd have confronted him. And that would have likely happened soon before she was killed so she wouldn't have time to call the authorities.

Hmmmmm Cood cogitatin' material NCBanker!

It would fit with her going to talk to a therapist to find out how to handle or deal with what she had learned, which happened quite soon before the murder. We don't even know if she had more than one session with her. If this is true, Michelle would be in imminent danger, so yes, I could see the judge having the files released to the prosecutor.

It could also tie in with thinking someone was watching the house from the bushes at night, if that is true and not a red herring like we suspect. Hubby was very busy and gone a lot!

Problems with this theory:

* Why go to a therapist whose primary practice was dealing with transgender issues, and not arrange to meet with an undercover agent in a safe or inconspicuous place. I know her insurance covered this therapist, but seems like an odd choice for a problem like this.

* Why not then clear the husband, or I suppose LE wouldn't do that until they had a target on a suspect.

* Wouldn't it be easy to find this person who had the opportunity to change records or embezle money?

* Still thinkiing! LOL There must be a lot more reasons.

Have you called someone like Investigator Sternberger to give him your thoughts. Scandi

If Jason would simply talk to the police as a loving husband would probably do, I'd be more inclined to think you were on to something.

As it stands, I think the only financial misdoing might have been HIS.

a question i have is how would that person get into the house and up to her bedroom? perhaps its true she had a habit of forgetting or not locking doors? that could be why no forced entry.

I can't really see this being related to Michelle & Project Energy - too personal - however, since you've brought up the thought of another possibility....there's something nagging at me which the Sheriff (I believe) said. He said this case was "complicated".

How so? Because there's no murder weapon, no cell phone records etc etc?

My immediate thought to his statement? - They just might be considering a hitman. I blew off this idea before, but now I'm not so sure. I know this is not the normal method of a contract killing but it could be that this hitman was not all that experienced. Perhaps he was told to do a soft kill - that didn't work (strangling) and he went on to beat Michelle to make sure she was dead.

The use of the word "complicated" just struck me as strange.

Having said this....I haven't forgotten about the 911 tape wherein I believe I heard Cassidy say "Daddy Did It". So. Maybe I'm back to square 1 again.

NCBanker - About leaving Cassidy at the scene. We were told a long time ago by some 'insider' that jy left a message for Meredith at 7:30 am. He had to leave a message because of course she didn't answer. If jy did this murder, then I believe he was probably there until 4-5am and he probably expected Meredith to go over to the house when he said Michelle would be out. If that's the case, then it wouldn't be that long for Cassidy to be there on her own.

I had posted the same thought at the very beginning- did she find something/someone at work that perhaps was not at all happy with her discovery, but with the passage of time, and Jy not helping or seeming to care, I decided it was just a thought, and nothing more- at this point in time, I believe more would have come out, if that was the case-

NCBanker - About leaving Cassidy at the scene. We were told a long time ago by some 'insider' that jy left a message for Meredith at 7:30 am. He had to leave a message because of course she didn't answer. If jy did this murder, then I believe he was probably there until 4-5am and he probably expected Meredith to go over to the house when he said Michelle would be out. If that's the case, then it wouldn't be that long for Cassidy to be there on her own.

I appreciate that insight, relative to JY leaving a message at 7:30am for Meredith. I always thought he had made the call later in the day. That clears up a lot. Being the father of 3 children, I simply couldn't fathom leaving a child to find her deceased mother - it's too callous. I suppose no one wants him to be guilty, but you have to go where the evidence points.

I appreciate that insight, relative to JY leaving a message at 7:30am for Meredith. I always thought he had made the call later in the day. That clears up a lot. Being the father of 3 children, I simply couldn't fathom leaving a child to find her deceased mother - it's too callous. I suppose no one wants him to be guilty, but you have to go where the evidence points.

I also think that a coworker would know MY's habits and kill her away from home with a gunshot to the head or something like that. I think that MY's murder was done by someone very close to her, like her husband.

As far as the case being complicated, I think that it is because Jason's DNA and fingerprints are all over the crime scene. Therefore, it is difficult to peg him as the "intruder." It would be much easier to track a stranger or an outsider because things found at the crime scene would be out of the ordinary.

I think that the police will have to go with lack of evidence that it was an intruder. Eliminating everyone else leaves only the husband.

I can't really see this being related to Michelle & Project Energy - too personal - however, since you've brought up the thought of another possibility....there's something nagging at me which the Sheriff (I believe) said. He said this case was "complicated".

How so? Because there's no murder weapon, no cell phone records etc etc?

My immediate thought to his statement? - They just might be considering a hitman. I blew off this idea before, but now I'm not so sure. I know this is not the normal method of a contract killing but it could be that this hitman was not all that experienced. Perhaps he was told to do a soft kill - that didn't work (strangling) and he went on to beat Michelle to make sure she was dead.

The use of the word "complicated" just struck me as strange.

Having said this....I haven't forgotten about the 911 tape wherein I believe I heard Cassidy say "Daddy Did It". So. Maybe I'm back to square 1 again.

right, but Meredith didn't get over there till what?...1 or 1:30 pm?....poor Cassidy:(

right, but Meredith didn't get over there till what?...1 or 1:30 pm?....poor Cassidy:(

Hey Close!!! (hugs) - Yup. He must have been freaking out hey? I wonder how many times he called her. In fact...I wonder how many times he had ever called her. My dh never calls my relatives...in fact he doesn't even know anybody's phone number, so I wonder if jy had to dig that up before he walked out the door.

Hey Close!!! (hugs) - Yup. He must have been freaking out hey? I wonder how many times he called her. In fact...I wonder how many times he had ever called her. My dh never calls my relatives...in fact he doesn't even know anybody's phone number, so I wonder if jy had to dig that up before he walked out the door.

That's a good question. How many times had he called her in the past and did he have to write her # down before he left?

THAT would be a good question for Merideth to answer.

I'm still leaning towards the husband. Look, if he was NOT involved, he would have already talked to LE, attorney or no attorney. He is NOT unhappy about his wife's murder.

Just think about it for a minute. What would you do if someone you loved, your wife or husband was murdered? Would you NOT talk to the police? Would you NOT call them almost every day to find out if they had any suspects? Would you NOT talk to the media and beg anyone who saw anything out of the ordinary that night to please, please, come forward so this case can be solved?

or...........would you HIDE?:slap:

Just a thought.
fran

That's a good question. How many times had he called her in the past and did he have to write her # down before he left?

THAT would be a good question for Merideth to answer.

I'm still leaning towards the husband. Look, if he was NOT involved, he would have already talked to LE, attorney or no attorney. He is NOT unhappy about his wife's murder.

Just think about it for a minute. What would you do if someone you loved, your wife or husband was murdered? Would you NOT talk to the police? Would you NOT call them almost every day to find out if they had any suspects? Would you NOT talk to the media and beg anyone who saw anything out of the ordinary that night to please, please, come forward so this case can be solved?

or...........would you HIDE?:slap:

Just a thought.
fran

I agree. In the beginning I was under the impression that he spoke briefly with the police but now I'm not so sure. He ran for cover the minute he returned to Raleigh . Even passed his car keys to the police through a third party . Where is the disbelief that he had just left his young, pregnant wife , healthy and whole , just the last evening , and now she is dead ? His behavior speaks volumes to me.

JMO

I agree. In the beginning I was under the impression that he spoke briefly with the police but now I'm not so sure. He ran for cover the minute he returned to Raleigh . Even passed his car keys to the police through a third party . Where is the disbelief that he had just left his young, pregnant wife , healthy and whole , just the last evening , and now she is dead ? His behavior speaks volumes to me.

JMO

Citygirl,

I think the angle of Michelle discovering something at work is most likely just not yielding of anything. LE would have checked this angle and given the amount of time and no big annoucement that PE is under investigation for some issue relative to accoutning principles, I suspect this angle is indeed a dead end.

I agree, the behavior, or better yet, the lack of behavior speaks quite loudly. I don't think it has fooled LE either.

I, too, do not believe Michelle's murder was job-related, as another PE employee was murdered, and I believe LE would have carefully checked that possibility.

Also, if something was occurring at work, I think Michelle would have likely discussed it with JY, who would have jumped at the chance to pass that info along to LE to get himself out from under that umbrella of suspicion.

I'd like to know what Michelle discussed with the psychologist, which resulted in her file being released, despite the sacred privacy assured under patient/doctor privilege? It is believed those disclosures, occurring around the time of Michelle's murder, might be related to her death. I believe they are related to JY, or I think we would have already heard rumblings about other possibilities.

IMO

The brutality of the murder of MY is telling. What the LE has which we may not know yet, will be telling. There was motive and much more, pointing toward JY as the killer. Time will tell, although time has been way too long.

However, the killer(s) may have had a temper (we know of one suspect who has proven to have a dangerous temper). The killer(s) who planned the murder may have used a drug and/or alcohol to get "pumped up" for what he knew he was going to do. If the killer(s) did what they did to Michelle WITHOUT using drugs/alcohol, then they are evil condensed; a very sick killer who does not have a normal, adult conscience nor do they have a normal, mature way of dealing with problems. A dangerous person(s) like that is still among us. Why? For how much longer?

I wonder how someone becomes a hair-trigger, raging murderer (and in MY's case, she had some close calls before while riding in the car w/JY, pregnant with another baby). How can someone be so-called functional in everyday life as far as getting a degree, holding a job, and then try to get rid of a pregnant wife and leave his child motherless, know that he will be found out eventually, unless he is psycho-afflicted (my term for the many psychological afflictions one can have)? Does he use drugs with or without the psycho affliction(s)? How does a newborn child get from where JY started out, to where he ended up? Such cases has been studied in others, and from that we learn, but it still happens again and again.

Every story has a beginning and a conclusion. How much longer before the conclusion? Michelle's conclusion was premeditated to be death by someone else's hand. She had no power in that ending, no choice. What happens to the killer(s) will leave them powerless; locked inside a hell of their own making for the remainder of their lives.

Michelle lives on through love, her family and the awareness that they keep alive through benevolence and education about such crimes as killing someone and their unborn baby.

I sit here watching the goldfinches and hummingbirds as they do what nature intended, going about their day of survival eating seeds from flower heads, drinking nectar from the flowers. Their lives are fragile, but they propagate new life in a simple act such as dropping a seed, building a nest in which to raise their babies. They don't murder each other out of greed for money, hatred, etc. They only live and do what they need to do to propagate the species and to survive. Humans are inferior to the animals when it comes to our characteristics that lead to the fate Michelle Young and her baby boy met.

Interesting idea and I have considered many alternative theories. My question though if it was a hit job and they set to frame JY, then why put two sets of prints on the floor? Just make one set to look like JY. And the elaborate planning that went into it because he was in VA was too confusing.

I realize from the overwhelming circumstantial evidence that everyone (including myself) leans toward the notion that this heinous act was committed by the husband. I've certainly been on that bandwagon for quite some time, as there was really nowhere else to look.

I've followed this case from the beginning, and I used to contribute extensively to the Janet Abaroa forum as well. Only until Michelle's autopsy results were recently published did a new train of thought begin to develop.

This was an absolutely brutal, deliberate murder. There are too many methods of killing someone, let alone your wife and mother of your children, that such brutality be exerted. I know it's been done, but it's just very difficult for me to imagine this particular individual (the husband) committing this particular crime in this particular manner.

As I continued to ponder this, the thought came to me that perhaps Michelle stumbled upon some financial misdoing within her company and was murdered as a result. Has this been explored or discussed? I realize I'm playing devil's advocate, but it's healthy to consider as many angles as possible. The ONE thing that has always troubled me with this case is that the husband could leave his child with his dead wife in the house. I just can't believe he'd do that, and I don't even know the guy. I just go on everything I've read and heard about him. Someone tell me they've had the same thoughts...
Ummm NO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member