CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #37 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly doubt that KK has told LE all she knows. Do you know when she lawyered up? Once she had a lawyer, she would have been carefully guided on what to admit to. It wouldn't surprise me if she assisted in the actual murder or disposal of the body. If the cops don't have any evidence of or can't prove any of that, she's not gonna volunteer anything. MOO.

I wanna know about cadaver dogs. Whose vehicle moved Kelsey's body?
Her lawyer would have negotiated the best deal possible for her, but the prosecution's acceptance of such a deal, would be contingent upon the evidence against her.

They aren’t going to offer a deal like that, to a potential murderer.

They must be satisfied that she is not involved to that extent.

Any opinion that she is actually a murderer, or assisted with it, is simply a wild guess based on no actual evidence.

I have a strong dislike for this woman, but I haven’t seen anything that makes me think she is a killer.

Once we see the arrest affidavit, we’ll have a better picture of how this all went down.

Last edited:
when it comes to the custody, while I believe that PF’s family does love the baby, I think she’s better off with KB‘s parents. In the long run if she were raised in that town, she would forever be a little girl whose mama was murdered by the local boy. She will have notoriety wherever she lives, but in that town, she could never escape it. jmo
I like this thought.

you know concerning the whole lack of searching, that bothered me so much at the beginning of this disappearance. That there seem to be no organized, community involved, searches for her. I’m wondering how far back LE suspected that there was no one alive to find. Or that she wasn’t actually “missing“.
There was such a lack of information from the very beginning.
But I would hope that if you love someone, had a child with someone, or were the family of that man, you would be on TV begging for help.
You would be putting up missing posters.
So I found it odd that that did not happen.
That being said, it is my opinion that PF’s family is responsible for none of this. He did what he did, I don’t feel it’s a reflection on them. It is the behavior afterwards that I found odd, what appeared to be a lack of participation in the effort to find her.
Just an educated guess but when PF did not report KB missing even after one week had past and zero contact to check on her daughter that was a red flag. As much as humans like to think we are unique, we just aren't. We react in many ways the same. Imagine, if you were the last known person to see KB and you knew everyone was going to look at you. If you are innocent, research shows, you act a certain way with certain bounds. It varies but mostly, it just doesn't. LE are highly trained in these techniques. These are skills honed over years of dealing with all types of circumstances with formal training. It's an art. The ones that are proficient will go to their grave knowing a liar until one day that person finally says they really did kill that kid.

Her lawyer would have negotiated the best deal possible for her, but the prosecution's acceptance of such a deal, would be contingent upon the evidence against her.

They aren’t going to offer a deal like that, to a potential murderer.

They must be satisfied that she is not involved to that extent.

Any opinion that she is actually a murderer, is simply a wild guess based on no actual evidence.

I have a strong dislike for this woman, but I haven’t seen anything that makes me think she is a killer.

Once we see the arrest affidavit, we’ll have a better picture of how this all went down.

The HLN video above in the thread makes a good point, KK will be able to say PF solicited her to kill months before KB was ever killed. As awful as this is, it gives PF's planning and premeditation and murdering reasons.

Just an educated guess but when PF did not report KB missing even after one week had past and zero contact to check on her daughter that was a red flag. As much as humans like to think we are unique, we just aren't. We react in many ways the same. Imagine, if you were the last known person to see KB and you knew everyone was going to look at you. If you are innocent, research shows, you act a certain way with certain bounds. It varies but mostly, it just doesn't. LE are highly trained in these techniques. These are skills honed over years of dealing with all types of circumstances with formal training. It's an art. The ones that are proficient will go to their grave knowing a liar until one day that person finally says they really did kill that kid.
absolutely

This man didn’t report Kelsey missing.

This guy never made any effort whatsoever, to get the word out.

There is no way in hell that he was going to appear at that press conference, even if they gave him a week’s notice.

His actions were nothing if not consistent.

As to law enforcement wanting him there, I absolutely believe they did.

There have been countless cases where LE has invited people they suspect of committing crimes, to appear in front of the media.

It is more often a good thing, than a bad one.

Once again, the Watts case provides a great example of this.

^^THIS

It's an absolute gift when a suspect runs their mouth, especially under the spotlight of TV cameras. So many tells and so much body language, along with general demeanor, for LE to feast on. I'll never forget when Chris Watts, while talking about being alone said, "there's no life in the house".

SMH. An "extremely good person" doesn't act as an accomplice in the horrific murder of a young mother who weighs 110 pounds soaking wet.

Surely common sense and decent ethics would change a "friend's" mind?

Moo. And WOW.:mad:
Wow, indeed! What a cast of characters! First, the bumbling murderer himself. Next, the idiot accomplice KK, who takes the deceased woman's cell phone. Then the blabbermouth attorneys, the Rs, who gave interviews based on second (third?) hand information from their employee, MS. Now MS herself surfaces to say that that the accomplice, KK, is really, such an extremely good person in a bad situation, really she is. How did these people all find each other?

Exactly...but in the beginning we didn’t know that. And I just couldn’t figure out why nobody was looking for her. It was odd. It reminded me of the Lacy Peterson case when it came to the man’s participation. In Laceys case her family was all over the news begging for help, It was on the news every day in the bay area, and he almost never participated in any of it. From the beginning he looked guilty as hell.
I didn't understand the nurse part...but this part I did get. As soon as I saw he wasn't looking, I knew it was because he didn't need to. Other stuff went over my head but not this part.

The HLN video above in the thread makes a good point, KK will be able to say PF solicited her to kill months before KB was ever killed. As awful as this is, it gives PF's planning and premeditation and murdering reasons.

Makes good sense in most states, but under the statute of the first charge, Murder In The First Degree can be defined by the fact that he did it, and tried to cover it up. Proving aggravating circumstances, such as careful preplanning, is mandatory for elevated sentencing, meaning Life Without Parole, or the DP. Given Colorado's abysmal record on such things, my thought is Life with minimum 40 years to parole eligibility is the best way to ensure justice. IMO

I highly doubt that KK has told LE all she knows. Do you know when she lawyered up? Once she had a lawyer, she would have been carefully guided on what to admit to. It wouldn't surprise me if she assisted in the actual murder or disposal of the body. If the cops don't have any evidence of or can't prove any of that, she's not gonna volunteer anything. MOO.

I wanna know about cadaver dogs. Whose vehicle moved Kelsey's body?

I agree in that I wouldn't be surprised if KKL helped with the murder or disposal of the body. While I understand the reason for the plea bargain, I would not be upset if KKL violates the terms and gets a stiffer sentence/charge. Maybe KKL was actually in KB's house but has denied it. If DNA evidence or fingerprints can tie her to the scene, I think that would be a deal breaker. JMO.

I wouldn't defend my own kid if they participated in a murder cover up, so I definitely wouldn't defend my bff. What is wrong with these people?

Some people have blind loyalty and forget honor. Perhaps KK's friends have loyalty towards her?

Honor is harder than blind loyalty, though, imho.

It means doing the right thing, even if that involves giving up those closest to you.

Loyalty is a good thing, but it should never trump doing the honorable, ethical thing.

I would have hoped that the R's would have come forward to LE earlier, to advise them of the stories going around regarding KK's knowledge of the crime involving the killing of KB.

MOO

I disagree strongly with this sentiment. People don’t become murderers because of their family. They do it because of choices made from their own free will. JMO.

Well, the part of my post that you did not include clearly said that individuals are responsible for their own actions so we agree about that. That doesn't mean that people like Frazee come out of a vacuum or that that families aren't a factor in the recipe that makes them. This is common sense and basic psychology.

Some people have blind loyalty and forget honor. Perhaps KK's friends have loyalty towards her?

Honor is harder than blind loyalty, though, imho.

It means doing the right thing, even if that involves giving up those closest to you.

Loyalty is a good thing, but it should never trump doing the honorable, ethical thing.

I would have hoped that the R's would have come forward to LE earlier, to advise them of the stories going around regarding KK's knowledge of the crime involving the killing of KB.

MOO
^ This.

And MS could have come forward to LE much earlier, too. MOO

Exactly...but in the beginning we didn’t know that. And I just couldn’t figure out why nobody was looking for her. It was odd. It reminded me of the Lacy Peterson case when it came to the man’s participation. In Laceys case her family was all over the news begging for help, It was on the news every day in the bay area, and he almost never participated in any of it. From the beginning he looked guilty as hell.

Scott had a real good reason. He didn't want Amber Frey to see him on TV.

But here's the catch on that - You're a WSer who follows cases and news in greater detail. The people who will be on a potential jury will be less interested in cases and usually admit to knowing nothing or only know vaguely from MSM reports. And the prosecutor will not bring up such info as testimony, unless perhaps PF took the stand where he would only say he acted on his lawyer's advice. So it matters in the court of WS opinion, but it is not evidence of anything. JMO (thinking ahead to trial)

I can think of cases like Scott Peterson where he did go to the searches... can anyone remember where someone acted like PF and did not search or put up flyers or attend vigils as PF has done?

The DA will bring up PFs pre-arrest behavior as circumstantial evidence of his knowledge and involvement.

Well it was streamed and I missed most of it because I wasn't paying attention. Did anyone else see it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member