CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #37 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. I think the State might make it part of their narrative in Opening Statements. " The defendant never reported her missing, never called her or her friends to find out where she was, never searched or took part in press conferences or vigils. etc etc etc..."

Opening Statements are not evidence, but they do affect the Jurors thinking, imo.

I agree.

To clarify though, the opening statement is where the DA will tell the jury what all the evidence will show.

Her lawyer would have negotiated the best deal possible for her, but the prosecution's acceptance of such a deal, would be contingent upon the evidence against her.

They aren’t going to offer a deal like that, to a potential murderer.

They must be satisfied that she is not involved to that extent.

Any opinion that she is actually a murderer, or assisted with it, is simply a wild guess based on no actual evidence.

I have a strong dislike for this woman, but I haven’t seen anything that makes me think she is a killer.

Once we see the arrest affidavit, we’ll have a better picture of how this all went down.

Sometimes we've seen cases where LE actually felt the person blabbing participated in the murder but the hard evidence is only there for the partner so they choose to get one conviction rather than none. It has to drive LE crazy.

Sometimes we've seen cases where LE actually felt the person blabbing participated in the murder but the hard evidence is only there for the partner so they choose to get one conviction rather than none. It has to drive LE crazy.
Yup. But I don’t think that is what’s happening here.

I do get the feeling that once we see the evidence, it will prove that the was nowhere near Colorado when the murder happened.

Wow, indeed! What a cast of characters! First, the bumbling murderer himself. Next, the idiot accomplice KK, who takes the deceased woman's cell phone. Then the blabbermouth attorneys, the Rs, who gave interviews based on second (third?) hand information from their employee, MS. Now MS herself surfaces to say that that the accomplice, KK, is really, such an extremely good person in a bad situation, really she is. How did these people all find each other?
Birds of a feather.

I agree in that I wouldn't be surprised if KKL helped with the murder or disposal of the body. While I understand the reason for the plea bargain, I would not be upset if KKL violates the terms and gets a stiffer sentence/charge. Maybe KKL was actually in KB's house but has denied it. If DNA evidence or fingerprints can tie her to the scene, I think that would be a deal breaker. JMO.
Could they have offered the plea deal knowing if she took it that they would have her prints?
IANAL- but, I think this deal is going to implode on her and PF.
Moo

Well it was streamed and I missed most of it because I wasn't paying attention. Did anyone else see it?

When I click on the livestream it says KMVT airs at 10 I'm EST which I believe is 3 hours difference so maybe it won't air for another 30 min or so?

Sadly, many will "gobble up" anything she has to say. Fortunately, there's lots of good commentary here to activate the brain cells.

I wish somebody (Daily Mail, National Enquirer, etc) would send someone up there to start pumping the locals for information. It's obvious no other media is going to do it. That can't be a big town and you know the local rodeo queen is known far and wide and people have opinions and know stuff. Maybe not stuff suitable for WS but real dirt and I wanna know what it is.

I keep thinking about that mysterious tweet I saw, two or three weeks ago, that said someone should look into why things are so quiet up in Idaho.

SMH. An "extremely good person" doesn't act as an accomplice in the horrific murder of a young mother who weighs 110 pounds soaking wet.

Surely common sense and decent ethics would change a "friend's" mind?

Moo. And WOW.:mad:

You know, I can totally understand if a friend turns up involved in something this terrible that it would be hard to process but this creature, M, knew this was in the works before it happened and to get out there and defend her buddy who chose to be involved is just mind blowing.

Agreed. It’s barely been two days since her agreement to not speak to the media... I wonder if the DA could amend that to include friends, etc. speaking to the media on her behalf. I wish he would!

I've always found gag orders to be highly questionable, as in should be challenged all the way to the SCOTUS because we have a right to freedom of speech. I'm surprised it hasn't been challenged before. I don't believe any DA or court could ever constitutionally gag someone not even charged with a crime. Constitutional arguments aside, since gag orders do happen, maybe it's possible to extend that to M because couldn't she end up being called as a witness? In any event, I still say keep talking and talking and talking and, please, let just one bean spill that will sink KK.

Yep. KK had a choice. She is intelligent and well-educated, and knows right from wrong.

She had a choice to go straight to LE and tell them about the situation, or she could go along with the killer and then backpedal when she got caught, saying he threatened her children etc. KB had no choice. She was murdered.

KK made a very BAD choice, in fact the WORST choice someone can make as it involved murder. Therefore she is not an "extremely good person" imho.

Doing the decent, moral thing can often take guts, and it may mean standing up to your worst fears, which many normal people would do and have done.

KK chose to participate in a killing. This is enough for me to form an opinion of her, which is not very high.

MOO

I only occasionally get into crime stories. My usual online fare is politics and conspiracy which, as of late, I was finding so aggravating that I had to take a break. Now, I'm boiling mad, again, and need a Xanax. I am so pissed that that arrogant KK, as of now, is essentially getting away with this. I feel her involvement goes far deeper than the phone and all of this foreknowledge by so many people!!! It's infuriating. I look at that pic of Kelsey, her mom and adorable baby K and it's so beautiful to see the three generations and now one is gone because these sociopathic, self obsessed dirtbags did nothing to stop it. The nerve of any0ne claiming, after the fact, that one of these players is a "good person" is unbelievable. M is actually out there trying to rehabilitate the reputation of someone who is an accessory in a freaking murder and we haven't even gotten to trial, yet! Something is up with this, imo, and I think it's that KK is worried that the real degree of her involvement is going to come out at trial. This is some kind of pre-damage control so people won't believe whatever Frazee's defense has to say about KK. Yeah, MOO, but my spidey sense is going off on this.

Looks like she will be on tomorrow morning. So I guess that's how she is getting around not speaking to the media, she's using other people to speak for her. And to get her word out. I'm sure that she gave permission to her best friend to do this to put her in a better light?

Yep. It's like M is her PR agent, now, and "getting out ahead of the story" as they say in that business.

Well, well, if it isn't M, herself, who could have also alerted police to a murder plot and chose NOT to. She can go to Hell, too, AFAIC. My God, all of this girlfriend and office gossip while poor Kelsey didn't have any warning! These people make me sick.

I know KKL has a gag order not to talk to media but she can talk to her family and friends, and they can talk yo,the media, is that correct? Seems like the Judge should have said only talk to your lawyer about the case.

Her lawyer would have negotiated the best deal possible for her, but the prosecution's acceptance of such a deal, would be contingent upon the evidence against her.

They aren’t going to offer a deal like that, to a potential murderer.

They must be satisfied that she is not involved to that extent.

Any opinion that she is actually a murderer, or assisted with it, is simply a wild guess based on no actual evidence.

I have a strong dislike for this woman, but I haven’t seen anything that makes me think she is a killer.

Once we see the arrest affidavit, we’ll have a better picture of how this all went down.

We shall see. I'm not convinced.

Well it was streamed and I missed most of it because I wasn't paying attention. Did anyone else see it?

No, I didn't. Whats the TV station, again. and maybe we can find it on Youtube?

I know KKL has a gag order not to talk to media but she can talk to her family and friends, and they can talk yo,the media, is that correct? Seems like the Judge should have said only talk to your lawyer about the case.

I don't know how it works but M has running her mouth since before the murder so even if KK claimed she wasn't speaking to her about the case, it would be tough to prove otherwise. If I were the DA, I'd be going for taps on their phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member