Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #4 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, therein lies the crux (the bolded). He is NOT, by any standards, a "level headed, rational, normal adult". But maybe, just maybe, that's all there is to it. I'm still holding out hope that SP was not abused by BDR once she escaped her "home".

But the fact he kept a video, that he forced her to take. That makes him a perv IMHO. I don't think (or at least, I hope he didn't) assault her. But just because he (possibly) didn't rape her doesn't mean he isn't a pervert.

What part of this is complicated?

Let's remove SA and pervert allegations until charged.

A 31 year old adult person abducted a sexually abused, suicidal, child, and drove her more than 700 miles before hiding her in the adult persons home-- for two weeks!

The adult person also hid this vulnerable child from persons mother, and also authorities.

Adult person never put the child's welfare and well being above their own.

And OP wants to make this about gender? I don't get it...
I think most of us are in agreement about what went on with BDR up to and including SP's escape. It is horrendous and a federal crime that he will pay for. Where we disagree is what is claimed as fact what happened afterward. We can't take "SA and pervert allegations" out of the equation if that's the popular opinion here. There are many posts (most IMO) assuming that he took her for his own sexual pleasure (with no evidence of such). My question is - if he was a she, would the same be assumed and expounded on so passionately? Or would/could posters re-evaluate motive?

What complicates things is the charge that the DA says she might add. Read the Statute. 18 U.S. Code § 2423 - Transportation of minors (it requires provable motive or proof of SA).

What complicates things is motive IF there was no SA. (jury nullification?)

(As unfortunate as it is), what complicates things MAY BE LE using exigent circumstances to enter the home when they had the same evidence at 8:00 as they had at 4:00 and up to 6 days prior. They had 4 hours to get a warrant and they didn't/couldn't. I think this will be an issue UNLESS BDR's mom (or SP) was the "tip" that made it an exigency. (News reports differ on tip or not.)

We are all passionate about this case. One opinion shouldn't overrule another.

All MOO

But the fact he kept a video, that he forced her to take. That makes him a perv IMHO. I don't think (or at least, I hope he didn't) assault her. But just because he (possibly) didn't rape her doesn't mean he isn't a pervert.
BBM
Forced?
Encouraged, at best; coerced (legal term), at worst.
From all appearances, another rape would have happened anyway. Not excusing him for wanting/keeping the tape: HORRENDOUS!!!. I think he had ill-conceived self-advise that he needed proof to believe her and have what he thought was evidence that would "save" her and himself.

I think most of us are in agreement about what went on with BDR up to and including SP's escape. It is horrendous and a federal crime that he will pay for. Where we disagree is what is claimed as fact what happened afterward. We can't take "SA and pervert allegations" out of the equation if that's the popular opinion here. There are many posts (most IMO) assuming that he took her for his own sexual pleasure (with no evidence of such). My question is - if he was a she, would the same be assumed and expounded on so passionately? Or would/could posters re-evaluate motive?

What complicates things is the charge that the DA says she might add. Read the Statute. 18 U.S. Code § 2423 - Transportation of minors (it requires provable motive or proof of SA).

(As unfortunate as it is), what complicates things MAY BE LE using exigent circumstances to enter the home when they had the same evidence at 8:00 as they had at 4:00 and up to 6 days prior. They had 4 hours to get a warrant and they didn't/couldn't. I think this will be an issue UNLESS BDR's mom (or SP) was the "tip" that made it an exigency. (News reports differ on tip or not.)

All MOO
Question:
Why are people arrested for having child *advertiser censored* on their digital devices?
If they haven't ever touched a child?

I agree with you. It's the pink elephant in the room: Rape and sexual assault victims are never believed. "Where is your proof"? "Its her word against his". "Maybe you gave the wrong signals". "Were there any witnesses"? EVERY SINGLE DAY. Well, like it or not, this girl has proof. Her rapist is in jail, and will be convicted. BR was an idiot who had no clue what he was getting into, had no idea how to help her, and once she sent that video, he had to have known he was in deep s**t. Like you, and a few others here in the minority, I will wait to condemn him based on what SP herself has to say. MOO.

She was not on a date. She is 14 and the man who raped her is her adopted or whatever, father.

A physical exam would show that something happened to her. And that something was done repeatedly by her father figure.

Do people think that a rape tape is needed to identify raped children?

She was not on a date. She is 14 and the man who raped her is her adopted or whatever, father.

A physical exam would show that something happened to her. And that something was done repeatedly by her father figure.

Do people think that a rape tape is needed to identify raped children?
BBM
What "people" think has nothing to do with anything. All that matters (at this point) is what SP & BDR thought AT THE TIME.

BBM
What "people" think has nothing to do with anything. All that matters (at this point) is what SP & BDR thought AT THE TIME.

YES. Exactly this.
I feel like I'm just not communicating my thoughts on this clearly at all. I will try again.

If SP couldn't trust her FATHER and MOTHER to protect her... WHY on earth would she trust a bunch of strangers in law enforcement to do so? We have no clue what RP told her about the cops, we have no clue what threats were made to her if she brought cops to his house.

Just because SHE was out of there doesn't mean the danger was over, for her or her siblings. This man was the one who was supposed to provide the security she needed and he violated that in every way possible. I could totally understand if she thought there was more coming if she came out of hiding.

We all heard some crazy stories on the internet... it is also possible that BDR assumed SP was making it up to get him to pick her up. It's entirely possible that HE wasn't sure that he could trust HER. He may have been utterly shocked when she sent him the video and not known what to do at that point. We only have a small snippet of their conversations. We have no idea what else they discussed or how in depth they went. This was only 3 weeks of talking online!

It would be totally different if BDR had given her a list of sex acts to complete or something. He asked her to use a hidden camera to record what was already going to happen. Like the girl who recorded her LE father beating her. Or the parents who hide nanny cams and catch their babies being abused.

Do I think it's the best option in any case? No. Does it provide more evidence than would otherwise have been available? Absolutely it does. In this case it gave absolute PROOF that SP was telling the truth, there was no way she would ever have to fear RP again. That video also torpedoes 80% of the defenses RP could have used at trial. It may very well be the thing that causes him to plead guilty and prevents years of legal wrangling leading up to trial, then countless appeals after.

However, BDR did also end up doing what SP requested which was to get her out of her house, as he said he would. What happened after that, we have no idea. Did he want to call the cops and she freaked out wanting to commit suicide? There are just so many variables here that we can't account for until we have the whole story.

If he is charged with further crimes, I'll be the first to condemn him. However, I won't be surprised if his charges are lessened either. This could absolutely go either way. I hope that he was nothing but kind to her and just got in over his head. That would be amazing that someone tried to help, misguided as it was. Because if he also hurt her... she's been failed by everyone...

BBM
YES. Exactly this.

RSBM

I believe that SLP wanted, and needed, rescuing, before another rape took place!

She fought BDR in having to go through one more attack on her body, and her mind!

She gave in, because BDR convinced SLP that they needed proof, for LE.
She gave in, because she was at the end of her rope.
She gave in, because her 'rescuer' did not believe her sorrowful words that she was typing.

Then, as an afterthought, BDR decided that the proof just was NOT good enough to be presented to LE. Yeah, I wonder how that conversation went over with SLP?

Then LE showed up at his home.
BDR denied anything having to do with SLP.
BDR denied having SLP in his home.

I believe that any details that are allowed to be released, will show this fiend for who he is. All IMO as I think we can agree that this was not the way to save anyone. Or not. We can have differing opinions on the matters at hand.

There is also taking SP across state lines. I'm surprised he wasn't charged with telling the FBI she wasn't with him and didn't meet her. How could BR not understand that the authorities would gain access to her digital accounts?

That’s a huge question/thought of mine, too. They had to know their internet activities would be scoured. Considering the recent Closs case in WI, surely he realized that FBI would be involved. Their emails would be one of the very first things looked at. I just really don’t know what the long term plan was for hiding her. He had to know she’d miss her siblings and some of her family, and she’d not want to hide out in WI forever. What was the plan? That’s what I’d like to know. He had weeks to think about that. (I say ‘he’ because SLP is a young lady, but still underage. He’s the adult in this situation.) JMO, of course.

Department of Justice
U.S. Attorney’s Office
Western District of Wisconsin
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, February 4, 2019
Madison Man Charged with Sexual Exploitation of Child
MADISON, WIS. – Scott C. Blader, United States Attorney for the Western District of Wisconsin, announced that a complaint has been filed against a Madison, Wisconsin resident for sexual exploitation of a child to produce a visual depiction. Bryan Rogers, 31, was charged in a complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Madison today with knowingly persuading a minor to engage in sexually explicit conduct for the purpose of producing a visual depiction of such conduct, and such visual depiction was transported from Tennessee to Wisconsin.

Rogers will make an initial appearance in federal court in Madison at 3:00 p.m. today.

The affidavit supporting the complaint alleges that Rogers came into contact with a minor in Tennessee through an online game who told him that she was being sexually assaulted. The affidavit alleges that Rogers persuaded the minor to engage in sexually explicit conduct, to make a video recording of the conduct, and send the video recording to him. The affidavit further alleges that Rogers traveled to Tennessee and returned to Wisconsin with the minor.

If convicted, Rogers faces a mandatory minimum penalty of 15 years and a maximum of 30 years in federal prison. The charge against him is the result of an investigation by the Wisconsin Department of Justice Division of Criminal Investigation, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Madison Police Department, Dane County Sheriff’s Office, and Monroe County (Tennessee) Sheriff’s Office. The prosecution of this case is being handled by Assistant U.S. Attorneys Julie Pfluger and Elizabeth Altman.

You are advised that a charge is merely an accusation and that a defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.

Madison Man Charged with Sexual Exploitation of Child

All MOO

Honestly, if it was a she, I may be more willing to think she was trying to help her, how often do you see females in Chris Hansen “To Catch a Predator”, how many women do we see lure a child out of their home for sexual purposes.

However, I would still examine and be suspicious of a sexual motive—females don’t get a free pass here, we’ve seen many sick women.

Moo.

No state SA charges..... so far. Says a lot.
Yet the Assistant US Attorney, who is one of the prosecutor's, announced that they intend to charge him with taking a minor across state lines for sexual purposes.
I would think that's a pretty strong accusation, if they didn't have a reason or the evidence to back it up. Imo

A thirty one year old man tells a 14 year old girl to take a video of her “ father” raping her. Yup. With good Samaritans like that the world will certainly be better for sexually abused kids.

Maybe she will be able to go here.

Steven Tyler opens "Janie's House," a home for abused girls named after Aerosmith song
Sounds like a place S would most definitely benefit from. Thank you for posting this human.

From your link...

"The reason that I am at Janie's House is because I experienced sexual abuse at the age of 3," said one of the girls, now 14.

She said Janie's House has changed her life. "Through Janie's House, I can learn a lot about my past and learn I was not the only one that had been through the same problems," she said.

Yet the Assistant US Attorney, who is one of the prosecutor's, announced that they intend to charge him with taking a minor across state lines for sexual purposes.
I would think that's a pretty strong accusation, if they didn't have a reason or the evidence to back it up. Imo
I am not trying to be a smart alec here at all, but what would the charges be if BDR had lived two towns over in Tennessee, for instance, and had never taken her over state lines. I ask this since state SA charges have not been brought as of yet. He wouldn't be in federal court if that was the case.
The other huge thing for me is what has SP said about her time with him, why she hid, was she scared and if she was scared, of what and whom (her parents, LE, or BDR). Did they have a plan together, or did she feel trapped and unable to get away from him. Her account may be very complicating.

BBM
SP was a minor child, legally unable to give consent to ANY type of plans, or relationship with BR.

She did not want to record a video of another rape, he repeatedly pressured and coerced her and revictimized her himself by withholding help until she complied.

What well meaning person does that and then afterwards, even when he haves the PROOF he demanded, he stays silent for weeks and lies to the FBI when asked if SP is there or if he has seen her.

I wonder if it were anyone's own daughter in this same scenario, would they feel so willing to give BR the benefit of the doubt or would they be hunting him down looking for their daughter and then demanding prosecution to the fullest extent of the law?

I don't have a daughter, but I know what I'd do.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member