Ok so now it is 2019...anyone have an update on Darlie?

JMO
This case has to be one of the most bizarre cases of all times.

I have not studied it in depth so I only have an overall picture of what happened. I do remember pieces of what happened and did read quite a few things.

I think if I was on the jury I could not have convicted her even though I do lean towards her guilt. But there is just enough things about this case where if I was on the jury I dont think I could sign the verdict form. At least with not what I learned about the case so far. Maybe if i studied it more I could.

The bloody sock.
The lack of a good motive. Why only kill the two older boys and not the infant and husband too if she wanted to commit suicide along with them. If she wanted money then there was really not much to get.

The silly string event did not bother me as much as it did others because I can see her excuse that it was a birthday party celebration and she did not even bring the silly string. It was bizarre though and it could show some mental faculties not being quite right.

I just struggle with being able to sign a verdict form on this case and I am glad I was not on the jury.

The blood evidence on her shirt is a big one leaning toward her guilt but there were other things that make the case really confusing.

Hopefully the jury got it right because I would hate to think of a wrongful verdict in this case.

Rockwall Resident To Release Documentary About Infamous Rowlett Murders

February 12, 2019

"For 15-year-old Rockwall resident, Ryan Kester, growing up in Rockwall, it was impossible not to hear the whispers about Darlie. Guilty or innocent? Justice or railroaded? He could not help but become intrigued. After extensive research, he realized that there are so many layers to this case that there was a need to explore them all.

Darlie: An All-American Murder began production in the summer of 2016 and filming began in the summer of 2017....

Darlie: An All-American Murder is scheduled to be released in the summer of 2019, and it is dedicated to Devon and Damon Routier."

Rockwall Resident To Release Documentary About Infamous Rowlett Murders – FrontPorchRockwall.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why did it take 10 years after they were granted permission? funding? 10 years is a long time !

According to the state of Texas, their labs were that "backed up" and if you think about it if nothing else this should give anyone watching this case pause.

All of the non-supporters will point at Darlie and tell you that this delay is at the hands of her attorneys when the truth is the state of Texas is the one dragging their feet.

What I don't understand is , why have a death penalty when 20 years later there is no execution date?!

The main reason is that the state of Texas first denied Darlie of the DNA testing that she requested and then her case went up to the federal level for a moment. That court then remanded her case back down to the state level due to their error in denying that testing along with a scathing opinion that they erred in not allowing her the right to test these items.

But the kicker here is that they have claimed for multiple years that their lab is that backed up! While non-supporters constantly beat the "Darlie is delaying" drum, when in fact it has nothing whatsoever to do with Darlie, it is the state of Texas dragging THEIR feet. ;)

R

The main reason is that the state of Texas first denied Darlie of the DNA testing that she requested and then her case went up to the federal level for a moment. That court then remanded her case back down to the state level due to their error in denying that testing along with a scathing opinion that they erred in not allowing her the right to test these items.

But the kicker here is that they have claimed for multiple years that their lab is that backed up! While non-supporters constantly beat the "Darlie is delaying" drum, when in fact it has nothing whatsoever to do with Darlie, it is the state of Texas dragging THEIR feet. ;)

R
I am a skeptic, on both ends.... So I am only asking, where do you get your information? IOW.... where do you get your information?
And, how can you validate it ?

I am a skeptic, on both ends.... So I am only asking, where do you get your information? IOW.... where do you get your information?
And, how can you validate it ?
I saw you already answered this in the other thread, apologies for the repeat.

I’m looking forward to Darlie being exonerated and getting her name back. It is only a matter of time now... Lots is happening in her favor.

R

R
This non supporter is not constantly beating the darlie is delaying drum. This non supporter has read every single appellate decision. It's time you read them and understood them before you continue to blame the state of Texas for Darlie's conviction.

Darlie's appeals started later than most due to the transcripts.

Darlie's appellate team has requested DNA testing on evidence as late as November 2018. Yes the DNA labs are backlogged in most states. But you have to blame Texas for that don't you.

In 2008 both the state and Darlie's defense agreed to hold the running of the bloody print through the national database in abeyance until the DNA testing is complete. It was her defense that requested this, not the State. If they want that print, then her DNA testing comes to an end.

A real lawyer, Cooper has stated that there is nothing earth shattering in the newest DNA test results.

According to the state of Texas, their labs were that "backed up" and if you think about it if nothing else this should give anyone watching this case pause.

All of the non-supporters will point at Darlie and tell you that this delay is at the hands of her attorneys when the truth is the state of Texas is the one dragging their feet.
No it isn't Rhonda, The agreement between state and Darlie's lawyers is that print will be run through the national data base when the DNA testing is complete. It's right in the appellate documents where real legal minds make the decisions, not paralegals

Why did it take 10 years after they were granted permission? funding? 10 years is a long time !

They didn't:

Over 100 DNA tests were conducted prior to her trial. DNA testing has come a long way since then. They can now isolate the male gene with Y-STR DNA testing. And we all know about mitochondrial DNA that isolates the female gene.

It wasn't until the law changed in Texas (the Michael Morton Act) that she was granted the rights to post conviction DNA testing.

In 2011 they tested hair and other items that couldn't be tested in 1996 as they didn't have the capabilities to test back then.

There was also back and forth from both sides as to which lab they were going to use. Not all labs can do all the testing required.

In 2013 they Y-STR tested the bloody print from the sofa back table, a mixed stain on the sock, the black ball cap, stains on Darlie's nightshirt and the murder weapon. No unknown male DNA was found on any of this items and the mixed stain on sock was Devon's DNA.

More importantly, no male DNA was found in the bloody print (85J) Darlie has told us for over 20 years belongs to her male intruder. That excludes an unknown male or any male leaving that bloody print on her table.

Those DNA tests were sealed by the court at the request of the defense, but not before some of us copied them, and all the tests hereafter are sealed from the public.

Darlie's direct appeal was later than usual because of the transcript errors so that's another reason for the delay in DNA testing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back